Author Topic: Official "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" Tracklisting + "Compton" Ft. Dr. Dre (Audio)  (Read 2826 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
It's a decent track.  Ultimately, it's just another track, though.  One of those songs that are good for a few days and then you wear it out and never listen to it again on its own.  I think it works as an album track more than a stand-alone one.  The best parts are Dre's verses and the outro.  I just can't get into Kendrick's Andre 3000 flow.  His music doesn't sound Westcoast to me, and I have no interest in his music beyond Dre's involvement and the MC Eiht feature, but to each his own.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Don't really like this track but often times when a track is part of a whole album it just fits, and sounds good. So I'm like everyone else, still waiting till it drops.

bouli77

i don't care if he doesn't sound westcoast personally, i just think he's a dope rapper, i'd rather hear a dope non-westcoast sounding kendrick track than a stereotypical westcoast track from say a washed up mc eiht or daz.

i mean even if it's not your typical g-funk / gangsta sounding artist, he still reps the westcoast heavily , who gets a mc eiht feature on a major project nowadays ? can't lie i'd have liked to see more features from his camp and other westcoast acts but westcoast or not, Kendrick is in his prime and outraps most rappers in 2012 even though he can get corny at times.

BiggBoogaBiff

I think its safe to say that Dr. Dre cant impress Bloggers anymore.  If you're really up here trying to dissect this song and break it down and "critique" it then its impossible to please you (online anyway).  

Like, I know what'll do the trick to get the majority of Bloggers to stop actin like they know better than Dre or that this song is bad but that'll require some $.  

If this song doesnt make you happy then you're just trying too hard to be Cool.  Its like those Bloggers who always have something negative to say about Young Money.  There really isnt any "middle ground" with this song, you either like it or u dont.  And i'd reinerate that if u cant atleast bob ya head to this a little bit then you're impossible to please or you're going out of your way to convey something that you aren't.  

BiggBoogaBiff

And yes, I've been to Compton once.  That's alot more than probably most (or any) of you can say

MasLoc aka Massolocco

• Lil Geezy
The recipe is better then this.... i was hoping for a more classic westcoast dre beat with the synth lines and stuff mix with the current drum and bass and snare hits... but... i hope the rest of the album is proper. I'd would've liked to see some black hippy features... im sure they will have a group record out soon enough. Still. Kendrick's verse was dope. Compton's Dragon.

bouli77

I think its safe to say that Dr. Dre cant impress Bloggers anymore.  If you're really up here trying to dissect this song and break it down and "critique" it then its impossible to please you (online anyway).  

Like, I know what'll do the trick to get the majority of Bloggers to stop actin like they know better than Dre or that this song is bad but that'll require some $.  

If this song doesnt make you happy then you're just trying too hard to be Cool.  Its like those Bloggers who always have something negative to say about Young Money.  There really isnt any "middle ground" with this song, you either like it or u dont.  And i'd reinerate that if u cant atleast bob ya head to this a little bit then you're impossible to please or you're going out of your way to convey something that you aren't.  

i know you're not talking about me in your post but i'm gonna rest my case and elaborate. i love the beat but the song in itself doesn't stick out, Dre's verses are good though, i'll give you that but i'm not blown away, and it has nothing to do with being a kendrick/dre song or not. it sounds a bit rushed, i mean i love the production but the verses and the direction of the song isn't all that. maybe it'll grow on me maybe it won't, only time will tell. for now, i like the recipe better, but i really like the production, my type of sound totally.

KURUPTION-81

Cant wait for this album

It won't sell but will be dope .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bouli77

i think it'll do good. not outstanding numbers. but kendrick has had a good buzz, it should do something like slaughterhouse, which is a decent number in this day and age.

Matty

alright track.

BiggBoogaBiff

i know you're not talking about me in your post but i'm gonna rest my case and elaborate. i love the beat but the song in itself doesn't stick out, Dre's verses are good though, i'll give you that but i'm not blown away, and it has nothing to do with being a kendrick/dre song or not. it sounds a bit rushed, i mean i love the production but the verses and the direction of the song isn't all that. maybe it'll grow on me maybe it won't, only time will tell. for now, i like the recipe better, but i really like the production, my type of sound totally.

but is any of that gonna actually stop people from listening to and enjoying the song?  it's not that bad and it's definitely not another "I Need A Doctor" (Eminem sold that record btw).  

i think dubcc has become so consumed with the mear discussion of Dr. Dre over the years that it's hard for some people to take their head outta their ass on some ocassions.  u dont have to agree with everything I like but let's be real, what about this record is actually going to make people not wanna listen to it or bob their head to it even if they find the record slightly okay?  i don't think anything becuz it's not a bad song and like i said, it's hard for dubcc and other Bloggers to be objective to spilling their guts out when it comes to Dr. Dre without actually taking a step back off of his nuts.  alotta people just wanna jump out there and say something, anything in alot of cases from what it seems

you either like this song or you don't.  unless Dre doesn't go mostly grimey on the beats and talks about reality from a mature point of view couped with a song or two about chillin and bein laid back on some party shit then i don't see how he can drop something wack for an album.  This is 1 guest apperance song on an album that's shaping up to be pretty fuckin tight.  i don't see how and where they went wrong or even how they did (besides the idea of a famous East Coast producer Co-Producing the record).  

And truthfully alot of people don't really like that traditional "carbon-copy Post Dr. Dre style Chronic 2001" sound that wasn't even all that popular just a decade ago.  That shit was never really all of that hot besides a few songs here and there and obviously those Aftermath related/Dr. Dre stamped records.  That "westcoast" sound is way more popular with the R&B crowd verses the Hip Hop crowd.  Why do u think "I Am The West" wasn't such a huge album compared to "Laugh Now, Cry Later".

In real life People enjoy music becuz it's Good, not becuz of the misconceptions that only Bloggers have about it regardless of their Age and Background.  Snoop had the right singles for the most part but the only thing that seperates him from that is becuz he seemed to put out that shit people loved him for on other people's albums and mixtapes. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:04:41 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i think it'll do good. not outstanding numbers. but kendrick has had a good buzz, it should do something like slaughterhouse, which is a decent number in this day and age.

He's gonna do J Cole numbers

BiggBoogaBiff

its actually possible that Kendrick can be J. Cole's "replacement" if he doesnt step it up a notch.  I know his songs r still in rotation but i can see Kendrick taking some of his steam if he hasnt already.  J. Cole is losing by getting a little lazy.  He waited that long to put a Retail out there and he aint really doing anything than what he was already doing so to say.  I dont think he's lost any fans (or lost the ones he's gained) but he's lookin pretty faceless out here
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:29:07 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Whew this track goes haaard. I could hear this on the radio, but doubt anyone will take a risk and play it. That is one thing I hate about radio now, no one breaks records anymore unless told directly from the label.

BiggBoogaBiff

^ yup.  but thats a whole nother discussion.  becuz ppl have to actually like the artist for shit to get any burn

side note:  as far as Just Blaze on the track.  Dont be suprised when u find out that people really dont give a damn or even know where he's from.  Dont be shocked when u hear someone think he's from Cali or from somewhere out West or the Mid West