Author Topic: Official "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" Tracklisting + "Compton" Ft. Dr. Dre (Audio)  (Read 2854 times)

jman91331

Who cares that the nigga that produced the record is from? The two rappers are from Compton so why would it matter where the beat came from? Some people just have to find a way to nitpick.

bouli77

I think its safe to say that Dr. Dre cant impress Bloggers anymore.  If you're really up here trying to dissect this song and break it down and "critique" it then its impossible to please you (online anyway).  

Like, I know what'll do the trick to get the majority of Bloggers to stop actin like they know better than Dre or that this song is bad but that'll require some $.  

If this song doesnt make you happy then you're just trying too hard to be Cool.  Its like those Bloggers who always have something negative to say about Young Money.  There really isnt any "middle ground" with this song, you either like it or u dont.  And i'd reinerate that if u cant atleast bob ya head to this a little bit then you're impossible to please or you're going out of your way to convey something that you aren't.  

i know you're not talking about me in your post but i'm gonna rest my case and elaborate. i love the beat but the song in itself doesn't stick out, Dre's verses are good though, i'll give you that but i'm not blown away, and it has nothing to do with being a kendrick/dre song or not. it sounds a bit rushed, i mean i love the production but the verses and the direction of the song isn't all that. maybe it'll grow on me maybe it won't, only time will tell. for now, i like the recipe better, but i really like the production, my type of sound totally.

but is any of that gonna actually stop people from listening to and enjoying the song?  it's not that bad and it's definitely not another "I Need A Doctor" (Eminem sold that record btw).  

i think dubcc has become so consumed with the mear discussion of Dr. Dre over the years that it's hard for some people to take their head outta their ass on some ocassions.  u dont have to agree with everything I like but let's be real, what about this record is actually going to make people not wanna listen to it or bob their head to it even if they find the record slightly okay?  i don't think anything becuz it's not a bad song and like i said, it's hard for dubcc and other Bloggers to be objective to spilling their guts out when it comes to Dr. Dre without actually taking a step back off of his nuts.  alotta people just wanna jump out there and say something, anything in alot of cases from what it seems

you either like this song or you don't.  unless Dre doesn't go mostly grimey on the beats and talks about reality from a mature point of view couped with a song or two about chillin and bein laid back on some party shit then i don't see how he can drop something wack for an album.  This is 1 guest apperance song on an album that's shaping up to be pretty fuckin tight.  i don't see how and where they went wrong or even how they did (besides the idea of a famous East Coast producer Co-Producing the record).  

And truthfully alot of people don't really like that traditional "carbon-copy Post Dr. Dre style Chronic 2001" sound that wasn't even all that popular just a decade ago.  That shit was never really all of that hot besides a few songs here and there and obviously those Aftermath related/Dr. Dre stamped records.  That "westcoast" sound is way more popular with the R&B crowd verses the Hip Hop crowd.  Why do u think "I Am The West" wasn't such a huge album compared to "Laugh Now, Cry Later".

In real life People enjoy music becuz it's Good, not becuz of the misconceptions that only Bloggers have about it regardless of their Age and Background.  Snoop had the right singles for the most part but the only thing that seperates him from that is becuz he seemed to put out that shit people loved him for on other people's albums and mixtapes. 

i feel you about dubcc & dr dre but i don't fit that particular category, nor do i fit in the blogger category. i ain't trying to be cool i just have my opinion. i just think the song is good but could have been better to be a hit record. and as such i'm wondering about its replay value even though i'm liking the vibe. i wasn't looking forward to hearing a carbon copy of anything, that whole 2001 sound is played out anyway, and i enjoy music for what it is, not because it has dre's name attached to it or because it comes from any region.

PLANT

this track is fucking awesome, Im not sure how anyone could not enjoy this.

BiggBoogaBiff

i know you're not talking about me in your post but i'm gonna rest
i feel you about dubcc & dr dre but i don't fit that particular category, nor do i fit in the blogger category. i ain't trying to be cool i just have my opinion. i just think the song is good but could have been better to be a hit record. and as such i'm wondering about its replay value even though i'm liking the vibe. i wasn't looking forward to hearing a carbon copy of anything, that whole 2001 sound is played out anyway, and i enjoy music for what it is, not because it has dre's name attached to it or because it comes from any region.

Congratulations.  But i dont think Dre can strike Titanium 4x with another song about California, or r we gonna pretend that Cali hasnt been putting out the same Single that  literally most of the rappers that come outta there put out.  Sure, the song could've been a little better (and i kno where, no plug) but unless youre from Cali or the song is that damn good i cant see another song about "Women, Weed, & Weather" shaking the game up (and yes i agree they dropped the ball with that song in terms of promoting it if u want me to add some dynamic to this).

As far as everybody on here talkin about "it needs to sound more WestCoast" i can assure that WestCoast artists have a negative stigma attached to them, especially when they release songs about Cali.  Alot of ppl outside of the West (and probably on the West) r turned off by the the thought of it before they even hear the song.  How do u think Jay Rock and Nipsey Hussle broke outta the boxxx.  Its why "Straight Outta Compton", "Nuthin But A G Thang, "Gin N Juice", "Been There, Done That", "Still DRE", and "I Need A Doctor" were all huge records and songs like "Kush" and countless other songs about California and have that sound arent.  People want good music at the end of the day, not just copy cat records from the same source.  Its why "Swimming Pools" is so big and nothing from "Tha Marathon" blew up (some of it was alright tho)

4 what it is it's a good record but it probably wouldnt have been the stand out record anyway.  Kendrick didnt get a name by taking the typical Los Angeles rapper route, that shit only gets u so far in the game.  I think Kendrick has a little more passion for the craft than that (and better records) and it shows in his music and people like it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:48:23 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

• Lil Geezy
And yes, I've been to Compton once.  That's alot more than probably most (or any) of you can say

lol at this.

By the way track is garbage remove "dre" and remove "compton" then it would be an okay track. The perception with this track threw many people off, including myself. I was waiting for "that" trademark west sound which by far is a disappointment unfortunately.

BiggBoogaBiff

And to add on.  Dom Kennedy's shit be poppin becuz he's got that soul element and that organic feel to his beats and it reminds people of that older shit and thats why his shit is more popular as far as Cali rappers go.  Verses a guy like my boy Glasses Malone who was signed to one of the biggest labels in music history and yet is still very local in terms of being hot and making music that people enjoy.  

BiggBoogaBiff

And yes, I've been to Compton once.  That's alot more than probably most (or any) of you can say

lol at this.

By the way track is garbage remove "dre" and remove "compton" then it would be an okay track. The perception with this track threw many people off, including myself. I was waiting for "that" trademark west sound which by far is a disappointment unfortunately.

I have.  And there's nothing really wrong with Dre's verse other than the first part of his first verse where he sounds a tad offbeat but you'll get over that if u even care to hear another song called "Compton".  I totally agree with u on that part.  I have no more to say about that trademark sound, youre free to shit on and cape for whatever u like at your own will.  That shit gets no play outside of Cali tho, and i aint just talkin about where im at

woof

you can hear Slim The Mobster recording to this instrumental (apparently from 2009)

@1:09

SUR GANG

• 'G'
dont like this track... need that west coast sound... the recipe is the best song ive heard so far from this album... that recipe record is west coast all over it... we need that west coast sound... this shit is idk?

Invincible

The singing just ruins the song. I like it apart from the singing though. Nothing amazing, just a solid track.

GangstaBoogy

Im not a big Kendrick fan but im gonna go ahead and purchase this without listening to it first. Support Aftermath, maybe itll convince Dre Iovine to release an artist other than Em and 50
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Im not a big Kendrick fan but im gonna go ahead and purchase this without listening to it first. Support Aftermath, maybe itll convince Dre Iovine to release an artist other than Em and 50

Am I the only one who dont see this album as an Aftermath release? I see it more as a joint venture , more like an Interscope release... cool song btw

PLANT

Am I the only one who dont see this album as an Aftermath release? I see it more as a joint venture , more like an Interscope release... cool song btw
I agree with this.  Its TDE over Aftermath.  Kendrick would be releasing dope albums without the Math.  I already consider "Section 80" a personal fav of mine.  So Kendrick doesnt really Dre to make dope music.  This album will just help him appeal to the masses in terms of commercial success.  Im not worried about an artist like Kendrick "selling out" with this release.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shit is dope but I like The Recipe better. The end is pretty crazy tho.

thegooddoc

Was pumped to see this released, until I heard it.  I don't mind the verses, but they were wasted on a vanilla track. I wish Dre would start producing his own beats again.  This beat is plain, the mix is terrible.  I heard Dre had a co-mixing credit, but I would be surprised if he spent more than a couple minutes with this track.  This is one of the weakest overall efforts I have seen from him in awhile.  Even the Rick Ross track was clean and mixed properly.     ???

Anybody know who is singing on the hook?  That shit is terrible.  Sounded like a cheap Kokane impersonator.   They should have left this one in the vault, Dre and Kendrick must have better than this.