Author Topic: Knoc-turn'al - "Knoc's landin" (unreleased)  (Read 2536 times)

Jay_J

Knoc-turn'al - "Knoc's landin" (unreleased)
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »
Does anyone know why this album never been released???

I found that tracklist... i don't know if it is real or not...

1. Bad Intentions (ft Dr. Dre)
2. L.A. Nite-N-Day
3. Come All You
4. What They Say (ft Bad Azz & Slip Capone)
5. Knoc's Landin'
6. Let Shit Go (ft Hittman)
7. Everywhere I Go
8. Let's All Roll (ft Slip Capone, Time Bomb, Jayo Felony & Butch Cassidy)
9. Only If It's Gangsta
10. The Knoc (ft Missy Elliott & Dr. Dre)
11. L.A. Confidential
12. When It All Comes Down To It (A.K.A. Doin' The Most) (ft Dr. Dre, Slip Capone & Time Bomb)
13. Cash Sniffin' Noses (ft Too $hort & Slip Capone)
14. I Used To Love Her
15. Whatcha Gonna Do
16. You Don't Know Much
17. If I Could

I think its one of 2 best unreleased album... you know the other one "thy kingdome come" of King-T

Quadruple OG

Re: Knoc-turn'al - "Knoc's landin" (unreleased)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:27:32 AM »
It was heavily bootlegged at the time and then went with the EP.

johnnie360

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
I remember Compiling all those Knoc Songs and cleanin them up into a nice album. Drake Magnum did the cover... Also did one for hittman.

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
does anyone have that album by the way?

hitsaw

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 05:30:47 PM »
Does anyone know why this album never been released???

I found that tracklist... i don't know if it is real or not...

2. L.A. Nite-N-Day
3. Come All You
5. Knoc's Landin'
7. Everywhere I Go
9. Only If It's Gangsta
11. L.A. Confidential
12. When It All Comes Down To It (A.K.A. Doin' The Most) (ft Dr. Dre, Slip Capone & Time Bomb)
14. I Used To Love Her
15. Whatcha Gonna Do
16. You Don't Know Much
17. If I Could

I think its one of 2 best unreleased album... you know the other one "thy kingdome come" of King-T

i was anticipatin' this album at the time. a damn shame it didn't get it's just due.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

johnnie360

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »
That to me was a classic album that I still bump to this day.

Jay_J

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:46 AM »
i see that 2 tracks are missing in the tracklist i found...

your only son
what is life

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »
I got this but I'm having problems with my mac audio since upgrading. Will try and hook up the og tracklist version later

Quadruple OG

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »
http://www.discogs.com/Knoc-Turnal-Knocs-Landin/release/2718024

Anyone got this version? I remember dl'ing it back in the day but seemed like every version had skips or tags in it

johnnie360

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
Ill upload my version later tonight

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 12:38:05 AM »

Anyone got this version? I remember dl'ing it back in the day but seemed like every version had skips or tags in it

Someone should buy that, I'm not a massive knoc fan so not paying those price though

MarshColin

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

I think the version you're talking about had a slightly different tracklist. Below is the tracklist for the "advance" grouprip. Some of these tracks weren't meant for the album though so I'm not really sure what the story is behind this advance/bootleg. "When It All Comes Down To It" was meant for Slip Capone's album, for example.  It did have some major skip problems in the rip though so that's why I think you're talking about this version in particular.

2. L.A. Nite-N-Day
3. Come All You
5. Knoc's Landin'
7. Everywhere I Go
9. Only If It's Gangsta
11. L.A. Confidential
14. I Used To Love Her
15. Whatcha Gonna Do
16. You Don't Know Much
17. If I Could

Jay_J

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
it's interesting there is nobody to upload it... where is lunatic???

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »
Best I got peoples, put this together a year or so ago (maybe someone can do better)

Intro
Knocs Landin
The Knoc
I Like
Watch Out
Str8 West Coast
Let's All Roll
Your Only Son
Cash Sniffin' Noses
Born 2 Hustle (clean)
L.A. Nite-N-Day
Have Fun
I Used To Love Her
The Reverend Knoc (tagged)
What Is Life

http://limelinx.com/cfsu5

Source review

Press kit

Long Beach, California rapper Royal Harbor may call himself Knoc-Turn'al, but the sun definitely seems to be rising on the young hip hop star's career. Discovered by LA Confidential Records honcho Big D, Knoc-Turn'al was determined to turn his life around after a four-year stint in prison. An introduction by Big D to Dr. Dre accelerated Knoc's ascent, with Dre asking the charismatic MC to spit 3 bars right on the spot. "D had said to me before I met Dre to be myself," Knoc remembers. "Don't be fawning like some fan, don't be no bitch. Just do what I do best." He delivered, impressing Dre so much that the hip hop mogul had him lay down some rhymes in the recording studio the very same day. "I know bomb music when I hear it," Dre told Knoc-turn'al.

The story becomes more amazing when you realize Knoc ultimately appeared on four songs on Dr. Dre's multiplatinum disc Chronic 2001. He went on to co-write three songs on Dre's and Snoop Dogg's soundtrack to the movie The Wash, and was featured on the soundtrack's first single, "Bad Intentions." Knoc also teamed up with Dre and DJ Quik to churn out "Put It On Me," the hit single from the Training Day soundtrack.

Knoc-Turn'al's laconic style is best displayed, however, on Knoc-turn'al's much anticipated LA Confidential/Elektra debut, Knoc's Landin'. Surrounded by some of hip hop's most astute players, including Dre, Missy Elliot, and Timbaland, Knoc serves up precocious gems such as "Str8 West Coast," featuring Dre, and "Knoc" featuring Dre and Missy Elliott, as well as the rambunctious "Night & Day," which is sure to become another West Coast anthem. "On that one I'm just pointing out how a lot of cats come to L.A., buy a home here, enjoy the sunshine and the beaches, do their business here, and then they go back and dis Cali," Knoc explains.

"All I'm saying is we got nine months of sunshine, three weeks of rain, and all the beautiful girls you could ever handle."
Big D emphasizes, however, that Knoc-Turn'al has made what he calls a "universal" record. "One of the reasons we wanted to do business with Elektra was to broaden our scope," he says. "Knoc is the perfect artist to kick things off. We love L.A. but Knoc's brand of hip hop will be accepted everywhere. We want our music to appeal to people from every region. It doesn't matter from what side of town you're from, or what part of the country. LA Confidential's doors are open to everybody."

Knoc-Turn'al's side of town happened to be Wilmington, California, a stone's throw away from Long Beach. After Knoc's parents separated when he was 12, the rapper admits to "getting into a lot of trouble." He moved to Texas for a time, but found himself getting into scraps with the local kids there. "They'd always call me Cali, because where I'm from. After a while that shit gets on your nerves."

He eventually moved back to the Long Beach area, still restless, but also schooling himself with knowledge imparted by his musician father. "He was in a group when he was young, into Rick James and Parliament type shit, so I absorbed a lot from what he knew." Knoc has one particularly unforgettable musical lesson from when he was only a child. "My dad took me to a Rick James concert when I was nine. Rick had a naked bitch up on stage doing cocaine with her in a motherfucking bathtub. He was fucking her and singing to her at the same time. I was like damn you can do all that shit at once I want to be in the music business."

It wasn't until his early teens that Knoc began rhyming for real. "I was into Eric B and Rakim, but I liked my DeBarge and Cameo too. I'd watch hip hop on TV and think to myself, 'I'm better than that.'" But any dreams of turning professional would be thwarted when Knoc-Turn'al was arrested for what he calls "robbing and stupid shit like that," and sentenced to a four year prison term. "Prison's no joke," he says. "They tell you what to do 24/7 when to eat when to shit when to lay down in your bunk when to get up. There's nothing glamorous about it. You're not human when you're in there."

Despite his bleak situation, Knoc-Turn'al met up with an older prisoner from Long Beach named Crybaby who encouraged him to practice his writing and rhyming, which made Knoc believe that he could indeed turn his life around. "He was always cool to anybody that he thought had a head on his shoulders," says Knoc. "He gave me my name, Knoc-Turn'al because I worked at night unloading food off the docks. And because I was always working on my rhymes at night. Most people in jail would get together and rap. We'd beat on tables and shit and do our thing. But when I took my turn everyone would say I was the dopest on the yard I started think there just might be something here."

Soon after his release, Knoc-Turn'al hooked up with aspiring record mogul Big D, who facilitated the LA Confidential-Elektra connection that now finds the rapper about to drop one of the most talked about debut releases of the year. "I have to give all the respect to Big D for getting down with me," Knoc says. "If you'd have told me that I'd be doing what I'm doing right now back when I was in prison, I'd have said you're crazy. I've been blessed. I'm just going to accept that it's happening and appreciate it."