Author Topic: Dr. Dre: Please stop rapping  (Read 1333 times)

bouli77

Re: Dr. Dre: Please stop rapping
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »
lol.

but the vocoder bit at the end is not slick. you can't go from roger troutman to that.

i like the vocoder, it's not as good as roger goin in with the talkbox on california love but it's still tight. vocoder is the shit, too.

it reminds me of the talkbox at the end of mafioso's they can't fade us  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7e0AAhyB2eI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7e0AAhyB2eI</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 05:07:30 AM »
Pac been saying it from all the way back in 1996.

"He ain't made a beat in six years, swear he the shit"
2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

thats because pac (and most peeps) dont understand the true definition of a producer and how much more ability it takes to produce an actual track than just come up with a lil beat loop. dre is a REAL producer, thats why anything that has his name on it knocks like no other. most these other cats are simply beatmakers who couldnt produce a track like dre if their life depended on it.

"dogg food" was ghost-produced by dre...they gave dre the mixing credit, but most that shit was signature dre to the fullest. suge said it himself, they wanted 2 push daz as the next big producer on death row, so they gave daz the credit as producer of the album. when has daz produced like he did on "dogg food" since it came out? dont worry, ill wait.. not sayin daz didnt have his hand in producing the album, cuz he did, but the final say of what goes where and how to bring the track to life was all dre, which, in essence, is what a producer does.

What beats have Dre produced in the last 5 years?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »

Dre is a dope producer, but i think that he's not a producer who can recreate his style of producing.
But i think most producers cant, and there's nothing wrong with that, aslong as their beats are dope.
They have their style, and they stick with it, and just keep pushing out beats.
Whereas Dre on the other hand cant recreate his style, and wont make new beats (or hardly make any beats), because he cant get that different sound and style that is tight.
I think that's the whole reason why he never released detox. From what we've been hearing, he cant get the right sound for it that sounds new, fresh and tight.
He doesnt want to make another album that sounds like chronic 2001 or his past productions he did for other peoples albums.
I for one have no problem with a chronic 2001 part 2, but i think he will be critisized as not being able to recreate if it sounds the same,
and dre cares more about that then just making some dope music. He's obviously too obssessed with keeping this false image as the ultimate master producer in the rap game,
and he just cant keeping living up to it.

Dre also tends to get other producers to co-produce beats with him, because he obviously has trouble trying to make something from scratch,
so he gets another producer to bring some ideas, melodies, sounds or some beats that need to be polished and tweeked,
and then dre will finish the beat off, adding maybe some extra sounds, bass, drums etc and make it sound even better.

I think dre has been doing this from since he started, and he's so good at it.
Back in the ruthless days, he had ghost producers that helped him with
all his beats, but never got any credit for it.
Same for his days at death row. All his beats were co-produced by
other producers, but they never got any credit for it.
The chronic and doggystyle albums were co-produced by a bunch of producers,
on different tracks, like daz and warren g, but also others like the glove,
but they never were given credit for it. Some producers claim that they
produced whole tracks in their entirety and dre didnt contribute a thing,
but all the credit was given to dre.

I think suge also encouraged this, as snoop mentioned before that when
soopafly made the "who got some gangsta shit" beat, suge approached snoop
and told him that he wanted snoop to get the credit for making the beat,
and suge would tell soopafly to go kick rocks, but snoop told suge
not to do that, and he wanted him part of his team. So there was obviously
the culture there at death row of robbing and stealing other peoples beats.

It was only when the dogg food album came out that the actual producers
were getting credit for the beats they made, even if dre played a part
with touching the tracks. The dogg food album was credited as being only
mixed by dre, but that was more or less what dre was contributing before
on the chronic and doggystyle albums, but i think with a little bit more
input.

I think dre's method as a producer is getting other producers to bring
beats to the table, and then he works the beat and polishes it up.

He's made classics, but he's not the best producer, and not even among
the best anymore to my opinion, because he can hardly put out any product.
He'll release a couple beats a year if lucky, and that doesnt cut it.
If you want to be considered the best, you have to keep pushing out product,
and he cant. He got a whole list of producers to bring beats to the table
for detox like dj pooh, battlecat, dj quik, warreng , but dre still couldnt
come out with any winning product.

you cant claim your the best if you cant keep pushing out dope beats.
You have to keep earning that title if you want to keep it.
It's like a boxer winning a champion belt, but keeps holding onto it
without accepting to fight any new challengers or fighting only smallfry.
. You cant be respected, and not earning the right to keep that title.

Dre's somehow the best producer, but he cant even release any new beats,
while other dope producers keep bringing out dope beats all the time.

Dre's time has long gone. He cant even make any beats for his own artist's
album (kendrick lamar) , but instead raps on the album because he's not
able to play the background by being just the producer, because he cant make any beats.
That's when you know dre is in trouble.

Dre aint the best no more

Dre has never been a beatmaker, from my understand. Dre is and always has been a producer. There is a difference between the 2. So of courseh he not doing it from scratch.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »

Dre is a dope producer, but i think that he's not a producer who can recreate his style of producing.
But i think most producers cant, and there's nothing wrong with that, aslong as their beats are dope.
Whereas Dre on the other hand cant recreate his style, and wont make new beats (or hardly make any beats), because he cant get that different sound and style that is tight.
I think that's the whole reason why he never released detox. From what we've been hearing, he cant get the right sound for it that sounds new, fresh and tight.
He doesnt want to make another album that sounds like chronic 2001 or his past productions he did for other peoples albums.
I for one have no problem with a chronic 2001 part 2, but i think he will be critisized as not being able to recreate if it sounds the same,
and dre cares more about that then just making some dope music. He's obviously too obssessed with keeping this false image as the ultimate master producer in the rap game,

Dre also tends to get other producers to co-produce beats with him, because he obviously has trouble trying to make something from scratch,
so he gets another producer to bring some ideas, melodies, sounds or some beats that need to be polished and tweeked,
and then dre will finish the beat off, adding maybe some extra sounds, bass, drums etc and make it sound even better.

input.

able to play the background by being just the producer, because he cant make any beats.

Dre has never been a beatmaker, from my understand. Dre is and always has been a producer. There is a difference between the 2. So of courseh he not doing it from scratch.

the nigga not even producing anything, he not beat making, producing, writing lyrics, nothing

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »
He's never been great but to this day I still don't see his rapping as a problem. Obviously present day is different than when he was in his prime producing wise but it's not like he sounds nearly as bad as guys like Kurupt and Snoop.

a track called Compton and nigga too lazy to produce it, but we blessed with a ghost written Dre verse with his new corny forced flow?

stop it

Don't think he's lazy. It's just that he doesn't have the inspiration anymore to produce classic tracks. Been like that for about 6 years now.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »

2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

thats because pac (and most peeps) dont understand the true definition of a producer and how much more ability it takes to produce an actual track than just come up with a lil beat loop. dre is a REAL producer, thats why anything that has his name on it knocks like no other. most these other cats are simply beatmakers who couldnt produce a track like dre if their life depended on it.

"dogg food" was ghost-produced by dre...they gave dre the mixing credit, but most that shit was signature dre to the fullest. suge said it himself, they wanted 2 push daz as the next big producer on death row, so they gave daz the credit as producer of the album. when has daz produced like he did on "dogg food" since it came out? dont worry, ill wait.. not sayin daz didnt have his hand in producing the album, cuz he did, but the final say of what goes where and how to bring the track to life was all dre, which, in essence, is what a producer does.

off top, "Kush", "Topless", "Louis XIII", "Bottoms Up", "Dead People", "Shit Popped Off", "Ha Ha", "The Recipe", "Drug Test", "Make Up Sex"....all songs produced by Dre or ghost-produced by Dre and credited to someone else.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

off top, "Kush", "Topless", "Louis XIII", "Bottoms Up", "Dead People", "Shit Popped Off", "Ha Ha", "The Recipe", "Drug Test", "Make Up Sex"....all songs produced by Dre or ghost-produced by Dre and credited to someone else.

Kush/Recipe/Drug Test I know were not produced by Dre

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »
^ "Kush" and "Drug Test" were mixed by Dre but he didn't make the beats, "3 Kings" on Ross' album was mixed by him too

not gonna lie though I missed these threads from LBIA  8)

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »

2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

right...do u really believe that? like i said, 10 years ago, those beats would be credited to Dre. nowadays, the definition of producer got lost, so he gets mixing credit. but listen to "Louis XIII" and then "Drug Test"....if u really dont think both those beats are produced by the same dude, then u gotta check ya ears. what Khalil did was come up with a simple rift for Dre to fux wit, and Dre brings it to life. that is what Dre does and has done his whole career. a true composer, in every sense of the word.

"3 Kings" as well...another production which woulda been credited to Dre 10 years ago, but is not, due to people complainin over the years.

jman91331

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »

input.

Not true. A lot of Dre's beats (especially early in his career) Dre either made from scratch or started off from him then added other musicians/co-producers  imput. Most of his beats get started with Dre on the drum machine & usually just the tracks that are credited as either co-produced by Dr. Dre or additional production by Dr. Dre will be where he takes someone else's beat & enhance it. In the NWA/early Death Row days he had musicians replay samples over his drums so the next logical step was to have musicians play they own ideas over his drums & Dre picks what he likes, or he'll hum a melody & have them play the shit. That still would be considered beat making and producing though.

jman91331

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

Relapse (whole album except one song), a couple of tracks off 50's BFISD, So Bad off Recovery

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
You could've gone with "Yo, Dre, stick to producin'!" as the thread title.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
dr. dre gets his buttcheeks blown out by his personal trainer and he makes his white tranny wife blow his buttcheecks out with a big white strapon named Marshall.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

right...do u really believe that? like i said, 10 years ago, those beats would be credited to Dre. nowadays, the definition of producer got lost, so he gets mixing credit. but listen to "Louis XIII" and then "Drug Test"....if u really dont think both those beats are produced by the same dude, then u gotta check ya ears. what Khalil did was come up with a simple rift for Dre to fux wit, and Dre brings it to life. that is what Dre does and has done his whole career. a true composer, in every sense of the word.

"3 Kings" as well...another production which woulda been credited to Dre 10 years ago, but is not, due to people complainin over the years.

In other words....Dre PRODUCED THEM!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »

I agree, for the most part.  I do think Dre's efforts on the Dogg Food album were understated.   I give Dre props for playing the background on that album and helping Daz and the Dogg Pound get their shine.  That album was a classic with no filler.  btw, What interview did Suge say that in?  That's kind of interesting...

But I also want to point out that Daz did have other production credits that were on par with the Dogg Food album.  His production work on All Eyez On Me was on par with the Dogg Pound album, and there is also there is no significant decrease in quality in his production work on tha Doggfather album and his own Revenge Retaliation and Get Back album.  Even non album cuts like "Me In Your World" or "Way to Crazy" with Tray Dee and so on show that Daz was just on fire from 92-98.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)