Author Topic: Xzibit - Napalm (Discussion)  (Read 5372 times)

Sccit

Re: Xzibit - Napalm (Discussion)
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
infinite, peep: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=290890.0

anyways, i hate when mods merge threads like that. infinite wanted to make his own thread to proclaim that xzibit's back, not to discuss the album. it generates more discussion on whether or not people believe he's back to top form. merging those threads makes no sense. it's like turning in three twenty dollar bills for a fifty so that u dont have to hold as many bills.

Will_B

« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »

anyways, i hate when mods merge threads like that. infinite wanted to make his own thread to proclaim that xzibit's back, not to discuss the album. it generates more discussion on whether or not people believe he's back to top form. merging those threads makes no sense. it's like turning in three twenty dollar bills for a fifty so that u dont have to hold as many bills.

I don't think X had a 'best' period, he's an MC who grew technically over his first few albums (but that doesn't make his debut any weaker) the only think that has ever held him back is inclnsistancy in production. The best of his albums still lack a fluidity, but he's always worth checking.

What ever he does just needs to be over A Grade beats and he will bring it. One of the most natural on the Mic IMO

Sccit

« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:19 AM »

I don't think X had a 'best' period, he's an MC who grew technically over his first few albums (but that doesn't make his debut any weaker) the only think that has ever held him back is inclnsistancy in production. The best of his albums still lack a fluidity, but he's always worth checking.

What ever he does just needs to be over A Grade beats and he will bring it. One of the most natural on the Mic IMO

duno what ur talking about..."at the speed of life" and "40 dayz & 40 nightz" were classics and lack nothing.

doggfather

« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »

duno what ur talking about..."at the speed of life" and "40 dayz & 40 nightz" were classics and lack nothing.

not were, ARE classics.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »

not were, ARE classics.

same shit

Will_B

« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2012, 07:06:25 AM »
First half of 40 Dayz is near flawless then it runs out of steam and repeats somewhat

Speed of Life has some of Xzibits best tracks but still it's got lesser ones there too.

All his better albums still got their highs and lows, X hasn't delivered a straight classic IMO, but he hella dope

Sccit

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
First half of 40 Dayz is near flawless then it runs out of steam and repeats somewhat

Speed of Life has some of Xzibits best tracks but still it's got lesser ones there too.

All his better albums still got their highs and lows, X hasn't delivered a straight classic IMO, but he hella dope

lol u trippin

Matty

« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »
still bumping this heavily, gets better and better. classy album from X, one of the stronger in his later discography 8)

Sccit

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
still bumping this heavily, gets better and better. classy album from X, one of the stronger in his later discography 8)

yessir, 2012 album of the year

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2013, 02:38:42 AM »
 Its possibly my favourite X album to be honest. I admit i never listened to speed of life much back in the day and i own all his other albums except for full circle(which i never heard).

doggfather

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »
any info about the deluxe vrsion with the bonus dvd???

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
Its possibly my favourite X album to be honest. I admit i never listened to speed of life much back in the day and i own all his other albums except for full circle(which i never heard).

"at the speed of life" is his best

doggfather

« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:46 PM »

40 dayz to me.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »

40 dayz to me.

both classics, cant go wrong either way

Blood$

« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
I still bump "Stand Tall" and "Movie" at least weekly... this album definitely got overlooked mostly due to dropping the same month as Kendrick Lamar looking back now