Author Topic: Americans Boycott French Products  (Read 1252 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Americans Boycott French Products
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 10:55:26 AM »
those poverty striken eastern european countries only want money, thats why they siding with the US. They lookin to cash in. Everybody is lookin to cash in on the plight of the Iraqi people/
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2003, 10:59:44 AM »
i.e. they've been bought  ;)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2003, 11:50:17 AM »
Time to teach the kid again....

Key sentence Engel:

The French president made the comments Monday after many of the 10 ex-communist countries invited to join the European Union in May 2004 signed declarations of support for the United States' tough position against Iraq.

1) " Many of 10" ????

2) The new EU countries that signed the contract want American aid, Britain needs these countries to help cement their own position within Europe.  So naturally, this is the logical move.  It has nothing to do with 'liberation' or 'regime change'.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 11:50:52 AM by Jab »

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2003, 01:34:02 PM »
More reactions to the french from the UK press...

French anger at UK tabloid 'insult'
French ministers and citizens have hit back at an edition of UK tabloid the Sun which depicted President Jacques Chirac as an earthworm.
Copies of the paper distributed in the French capital told Parisians their leader had become the "shame of Europe" because of his "constant threat" to veto "any military action intended to apply the will of the UN in Iraq".

Reaction has ranged from anger to bemusement as France does not share the UK's tabloid tradition.

Transport minister Gilles de Robien said the article, which has been criticised as a cheap publicity stunt, was "disgusting".

The culture minister Jean-Jacques Aillagon described it as "aggressive, very disagreeable, pretty vulgar and shows contempt for our country".

"I'd say they've been very badly brought up," he added.

French freedom

The front page of the paper, written entirely in French included a picture of Mr Chirac's face superimposed onto the body of a worm.

The paper's editorial also tells its French readers: "You were only too happy to welcome the Americans when France was crushed under Hitler's boot.

"But today you look down on the American people and their president, and you forget how many American and British soldiers, sailors and pilots gave their lives... for the freedom of this country."

Mr Chirac's spokeswoman Catherine Colonna told reporters: "Insults often say more about the people who make them than about those they claim to describe."
On the streets of the French capital reaction was mixed.

Waiter Bruno Sterne, 30 said: "The press should be free, but this is pretty disgraceful.

"It's pro-war propaganda."

Laurence Baroini, 26, a photographer's assistant, said the Sun's attitude did not surprise him.

"I am proud of the president and his government," he said.

"The British, on the other hand, should be ashamed of Blair who is an opportunist and does not fully represent his party's ideals."

Standing firm

Others raised their own questions about Mr Chirac's motivations in the stand-off over military action against Iraq.

Myriam Vittoz, 46, said the French had forgotten that the US and Britain helped their country in World War II.

"I don't know what Chirac wants. And as for the demonstrations, there weren't that many French who took part."

Laetitia Grare, a 23-year-old saleswoman, said that although she had little respect for Mr Chirac himself, she had joined anti-war demonstrators at the weekend because she felt France's drive for a peaceful resolution of the crisis was the right way.

She said the Sun's "provocation" was "ridiculous".

"This is them desperately trying to make their opponents look ridiculous," she said, adding that polls showed most Britons were also against an early war.

"Chirac's no better than the others, and I think he'll eventually be forced to back down and support the war, but I hope he doesn't. I hope he stands firm."

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2003, 01:45:32 PM »
Reaction has ranged from anger to bemusement as France does not share the UK's tabloid tradition.

haha...  they dont get it... tabloids are meant to wind people up, its a form of freedom of speech.. what they dont show is the other papers running the opposite side! france has no sense of humour... they're the kind of people that if they cant 'run' something they'd rather invent their own system (e.g. secam) rather than join in with everyone else... they dont get it

Woodrow

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2003, 01:48:40 PM »
Time to teach the kid again....

Key sentence Engel:

The French president made the comments Monday after many of the 10 ex-communist countries invited to join the European Union in May 2004 signed declarations of support for the United States' tough position against Iraq.

1) " Many of 10" ????

2) The new EU countries that signed the contract want American aid, Britain needs these countries to help cement their own position within Europe.  So naturally, this is the logical move.  It has nothing to do with 'liberation' or 'regime change'.

Sigh....

Is your self worth that low that it makes you feel good calling me "A Kid"? I find it funny that just because I have a different view than you, you feel the need to talk down to me... It indicates that your unsure in your own argument and feel the need to resort to "Talking Down" to make yourself appear in a position of power.

It's not my fault you don't know whats going on in your European "Union"...

Here are the countries that will be joining the EU in 2004. I'll Bold the ones that have come out for our stance and will be Joining in 2004. Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia

Bulguria and Romania will be joining in 2007 and they also support the United States...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 01:56:03 PM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

verbalassaulta

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2003, 04:49:24 PM »
the hell with the damn french...we should rename french fries  ;D...cause thats about all the french have contributed to society....and there would be no france if it wasnt for us in ww2

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 05:03:22 PM »
the only time i think we've like dthe french really is 260 years ago

french jokes are just as frequent in america as blonde jokes

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2003, 08:08:03 PM »

french jokes are just as frequent in america as blonde jokes

True. The word French is synonomous with being weak and cowardly.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2003, 11:44:02 PM »
....and gay lol

i'm not hating on any french but the french is pretty much the only country we make fun of in America

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2003, 09:07:51 AM »
So....

throughout the world America is synonymous with stupid fat people

Engel - what you said totally collabarated with my argument.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2003, 09:50:51 AM »
*recalls how the French helped the Americans during the revolution and the civil war*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2003, 11:50:07 AM »
So....

You're really fishing from the bottom of the barrel...

You know your argument's VERY thin when you use stereotypes.

How did my arguemnt make me look fat? How did my argument make me look stupid?

You've moved away from the facts and started into personal insults, but I'm the stupid one?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2003, 12:51:39 AM »
So....

Britain..... the country that bore Kelly and Jack Osbourne, the leading models of perfect health and intellect....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2003, 12:12:10 PM »
lol @ yall comparin countries

- Lewis Carroll