Author Topic: CBO & Moody's already predicts 12Million new jobs regardless of who's President  (Read 1646 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/08/30/factchecker-romneys-12-million-job-promise/
so why would anybody wanna vote for Romney, smh

Fact Check: Romney’s ’12 million jobs’ promise
By Glenn Kessler,  Published: AUGUST 30, 11:03 PM ET

"And unlike the president, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs." — Mitt Romney

This sounds like a pretty bold statement, especially considering that only two presidents--Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton--created more than 12 million jobs. Romney, in fact, says he can reach this same goal, in just four years, though the policy paper issued by his campaign contains few details. It is mostly a collection of policy assertions, such as such as reducing debt, overhauling the tax code, fostering free trade and so forth.

But, in fact, the number is less impressive than it sounds. This pledge amounts to an average of 250,000 jobs a month, a far cry from the 500,000 jobs a month that Romney claimed would be created in a "normal recovery." In recent months, the economy has averaged about 150,000 jobs a month.

The Congressional Budget Office is required to consider the effects of the so-called "fiscal cliff" if a year-end budget deal is not reached, which many experts believe would push the country into a recession. But even with that caveat, the nonpartisan agency assumes 9.6 million jobs will be created in the next four years. (This is a revision downward; CBO had estimated 11 million in January.)

But Moody's Analytics, in an August forecast, predicts 12 million jobs will be created by 2016, no matter who is president. And Macroeconomic Advisors in April also predicted a gain of 12.3 million jobs.

In other words, this is a fairly safe bet by Romney, even if he has a somewhat fuzzy plan for action. We have often noted that presidents are often at the mercy--or the beneficiary--of broad economic trends, and Romney's pledge appears to be an effort to take advantage of that.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/c25aAtxqzCA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/c25aAtxqzCA</a>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:42:16 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Matty

i'll bite.

there is no economic recovery on the horizon, on the contrary. credit rating agencies are to be ignored because they are part of the political/financial racket and their track record in recent years speaks for itself.

but it is true that it doesn't matter who wins the election.

BiggBoogaBiff

ah yes of course, how could i forget.  dubcc = land of conspiracies

how silly of me

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ah yes of course, how could i forget.  dubcc = land of conspiracies

how silly of me

So you think its not possible that the credit agencies are in cahoots with the folks theyre giving the ratings to?  You really dont see how that is a possibility?

When you say "ah its just a conspiracy" it makes it easier for you to dismiss and just not think about it huh.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Matty

how silly of me

So you think its not possible that the credit agencies are in cahoots with the folks theyre giving the ratings to?  You really dont see how that is a possibility?

When you say "ah its just a conspiracy" it makes it easier for you to dismiss and just not think about it huh.

the fact that they've been totally wrong about economic trends and given inaccurate ratings based on obvious (to some) eventualities is just that, a fact. i've given the reason, but even if you don't believe or agree with it, the fact remains.

good day.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!

how silly of me

So you think its not possible that the credit agencies are in cahoots with the folks theyre giving the ratings to?  You really dont see how that is a possibility?

the fact that they've been totally wrong about economic trends and given inaccurate ratings based on obvious (to some) eventualities is just that, a fact. i've given the reason, but even if you don't believe or agree with it, the fact remains.

good day.

arthurs stupidity and loyalty to race over everything will not allow him to see past the cult of personality surrounding obama.  put an old white dude in office and he possibly agrees with what we're saying.

BiggBoogaBiff

contort this
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »
what do u think youre cool by playing Troll sticking your little e-chest out beating on the race drum?  youre a fag AND a weak bitch.  im not gonna dumb myself down bu entertaining your dimwitted bullshit.  i got shit to do like go to work and read books, a concept of Adult Life that you havent seemed to grasp yet while playing Mr. Trailer Park online

Im not gonna play the black guy-white guy game with u becuz Obama's skin color and my skin color makes common sense hard for u to understand.  youre a piece of white trash, youre a dirty ass piece of wet toilet paper playing windsock in a storm.  your words and opinions arent shit to me which is why i ignore you. 

youre a paper tiger.  there, thats sum old white guy lingo to help make it clear that i dont give a fuck about you and anybody who fucks with you
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:06:45 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I honestly hate locking topic, so I'll offer a warning first. Keep post on topic.

Matty

I honestly hate locking topic, so I'll offer a warning first. Keep post on topic.

thread just got downgraded to a B- outlook negative :laugh:

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Only thing you need to ask yourself and that is who funds the credit rating agencies and the answer is the major U.S banks. So there is a direct conflict of interest there and we saw that conflict of interest arrise when the credit rating agencies gave triple A ratings to junk bonds and other largely worthless crap of the banks. This is simply 101 collusion in mass fraud and as for job figures they are FAKE AS FUCK. To elaborate on that while they parade a sudden significant drop in the unemployment rate, consider 2 things.....the labour participation numbers has actually declined which means that the ONLY way in which they can announce with a straight face that the unemployment has fallen is because hundreds of thousands of people every month are giving up looking for work altogether but because they do they by default stop claiming, a stopped claim is considered no longer to be an unemployed person. Therefore we can only summise that if that 12 million is a genuine number then the net effect is truly chilling because you will notice that while you immediately equate 12 million new jobs with a net increase, that is simply new positions, what is the net? how many jobs are being lost, never mind how many are being created. You could retort that 12 million is a big deal, which I suppose would be true if they were high paying jobs but we know that Walmart is the biggest job creator in America.

Let me give you an example of how these semantical games work and this is just for illustrative purposes.

"The private sector could create 500,000 new jobs from the transition from public services to the private run enterprises"
What they don't say is that 3 million will lose their jobs giving a net loss of 2.5 million people!

When I have more time I am going to write another post discussing all of this crazy shit as I need it for my own sense of therapy.

BiggBoogaBiff

but thats the thing.  I cant subscribe to everything being some giant conspiracy in Washington DC, its too many hands that r in the cookie jar for it to work so doing a write up wouldnt work for me.  

u might aswell say every prostitute is conspiring to give every Man AIDS and ruin their marriage becuz they sleep with different people for a living.  Its retarded.  im glad to walk out of a thread if all yall r gonna do is tell ghost stories
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:31:45 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: contort this
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
what do u think youre cool by playing Troll sticking your little e-chest out beating on the race drum?  youre a fag AND a weak bitch.  im not gonna dumb myself down bu entertaining your dimwitted bullshit.  i got shit to do like go to work and read books, a concept of Adult Life that you havent seemed to grasp yet while playing Mr. Trailer Park online

Im not gonna play the black guy-white guy game with u becuz Obama's skin color and my skin color makes common sense hard for u to understand.  youre a piece of white trash, youre a dirty ass piece of wet toilet paper playing windsock in a storm.  your words and opinions arent shit to me which is why i ignore you. 

youre a paper tiger.  there, thats sum old white guy lingo to help make it clear that i dont give a fuck about you and anybody who fucks with you

So once again you dodge my question about the actual topic to go on a hate filled racist rant.  Arthur if the things i say werent true, you wouldnt get so mad.  *Cue Arthur's nonsensical response sprinkled with a few big words, lots of metaphors that have nothing to do with anything, maybe a youtube video from a trap rapper, and another reassurance that he is intellectually superior to all who disagree with him*

Edit - Lol supermad.  You even changed the title to "contort this" hahahhaha

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Essentially you have a blind and unerring faith that "they" are looking after your best interest. If you are going to refute what I said, then what part of what I said is factually inaccurate. You paint it as being a grand conspiracy, they paint it as business as usual, governments are lobbied to the tune of billions and that financial power allows those interests to dictate the policies, to have their men on the inside (see taibbi's article on the former bankers in obama's administration) to encourage the regulators to look the other way. However why would the regulators look the other way? because on the one hand there is bribery, but on the other it's a revolving door between the big banks and the regulator. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Essentially you have a blind and unerring faith that "they" are looking after your best interest. If you are going to refute what I said, then what part of what I said is factually inaccurate. You paint it as being a grand conspiracy, they paint it as business as usual, governments are lobbied to the tune of billions and that financial power allows those interests to dictate the policies, to have their men on the inside (see taibbi's article on the former bankers in obama's administration) to encourage the regulators to look the other way. However why would the regulators look the other way? because on the one hand there is bribery, but on the other it's a revolving door between the big banks and the regulator. 

Exactly.  People hear "regulators" and "government regulations" and they assume that that means "100 percent objective and fair".  Thats just plain dumb.  Then, when you actually look at who the guys are, then it becomes pretty clear that shenanigans could and probably are going on.   

It is incomprehensible to some people, like arthur, that their heroes in office would betray them.  I mean, the news doesnt report that does it?  The newspaper doesnt tell him that does it?  Twitter doesnt tweet that right?  Jay Z supports obama right?  Its all about how hard you look into things.  This infos out there - you just gotta look.  And most people in this day and age aint lookin.  Hes no different from the average dingus who votes for either 1 of these guys.  Sad but true.

BiggBoogaBiff

whut black guy bent u over and fucked u in tha ass

u hide behind a screen.  there's nothing more to say except that youre a coward.  u dont get props for being a dickhead, youre not tough becuz youre a keyboard klansmen