Author Topic: Random Thoughts of King Tech Volume 3  (Read 253 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Random Thoughts of King Tech Volume 3
« on: February 21, 2003, 11:18:56 AM »
Random Thoughts.....

1. 50 Cent sells 800 K his first week and second.  He broke the record for best opening week numbers for a debut. But heres the thing though.  Doesnt this 50 hype seem so ...fabricated? Like its not genuwine, its not real. I mean, numbers wise, 50 is the most hyped artist ever. But i dont know about yall, but where Im from Doggystyle, Wu Forever, Its Dark and Hell is Hot, Makaveli, Life after Death were ALL much more hyped .  There was much more of a ginuwine desire to have those albums nah mean?

Btw, 50's album....it was good, the production was dope, but listening to his album while I was high made me realize how generic and regurgetated gangsta rap has become. I couldnt listen to the entire album.

*waits for Crooked I to save hip hop*
---------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one who thinks:

1- "Whats ya phone #?" was a 4.5/5 track?
2- Balance and Options > Rythymalism?
3- All Eyez on Me> Makaveli> Me Against The World
4- That new Bone song is terrible? (with Phil Collins)
5- That new Baby joint with the Clipse is on some gangsta shit?
6- Pharell looks like a complete dork in Jay Z's new video?
If Ice Cube doesnt have a message, then he shouldnt make music.
This is quite clear. I mean, when he has no message. he just spouts some nonsense (100 dollar bill yall etc). If Dre gonna go into the studio with Cube, Cube NEEDS to rediscover his political side. I miss the Old Cube. Just as much as I miss the old Snoop.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2003, 11:24:59 AM by King Tech Luciano »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Random Thoughts of King Tech Volume 3
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 08:33:27 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks:

3- All Eyez on Me> Makaveli> Me Against The World
4- That new Bone song is terrible? (with Phil Collins)
5- That new Baby joint with the Clipse is on some gangsta shit?
6- Pharell looks like a complete dork in Jay Z's new video?

1. maybe, I don't
2. maybe, i don't
3. maybe, I don't (IMO: Makaveli > AEOM > MATW)
4. No
5. (I haven't heard it)
6. No lol

This is quite clear. I mean, when he has no message. he just spouts some nonsense (100 dollar bill yall etc). If Dre gonna go into the studio with Cube, Cube NEEDS to rediscover his political side. I miss the Old Cube. Just as much as I miss the old Snoop.

word...

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 10:46:23 AM »
Random Thoughts.....

1. 50 Cent sells 800 K his first week and second.  He broke the record for best opening week numbers for a debut. But heres the thing though.  Doesnt this 50 hype seem so ...fabricated? Like its not genuwine, its not real. I mean, numbers wise, 50 is the most hyped artist ever. But i dont know about yall, but where Im from Doggystyle, Wu Forever, Its Dark and Hell is Hot, Makaveli, Life after Death were ALL much more hyped .  There was much more of a ginuwine desire to have those albums nah mean?

Btw, 50's album....it was good, the production was dope, but listening to his album while I was high made me realize how generic and regurgetated gangsta rap has become. I couldnt listen to the entire album.

I agree 100% on this except that the production was wack!!! Worst part of the albummmmm

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 12:28:16 AM »
Random Thoughts.....

that's cuz your're from Canada the great white north

50's selling a lot becuase all the underground heads are buying it, all the poppy little girls are buying it, all the casual rap fans are buying, west coast people are buying it becuase of dre, everyone who likes rap have an interest in this album and want to check it out, and it doesn't hurt that his video for in da club is #1 on TRL everyday and the most played song on radio right now, so no it doesn't suprise me he out sold snoop

but i agree it's not as good as doggystyle,not by a long shot, the only real good thing about this album is the beats and the occasional hot line or two

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 01:20:26 AM »
Round here the hype for 50's album seemed pretty real.  There's posters all over downtown.  Stickers on every damn stop sign, people handing out flyers etc.  It was HIGHLY anticipated here.  (Vancouver)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 01:27:05 AM »
Round here the hype for 50's album seemed pretty real.  There's posters all over downtown.  Stickers on every damn stop sign, people handing out flyers etc.  It was HIGHLY anticipated here.  (Vancouver)

vancover's tight yo, i won't hate on that city. It's always struck me as quasi Anaheimish

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 12:34:20 PM »
what the hell does Great White mean? Shiiiit, you from some hick town right? LOL
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

BL7

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 04:14:12 PM »

I agree with both of those. I used to think "Rhythm-al-ism" was the best, but B&O is his best now imo.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 04:42:16 PM »

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2003, 11:10:33 AM »
i got a couple thoughts my damnself

Tray Deee=Kool G Rap of The West
Bun B=Kool G Rap of The South

TechN9ne=D.O.C. of The Midwest

TQ & R.Kelly both want to be rappers

R.Kelly is one of the best producers out

Big L was one of the most important emcees ever...more than B.I.G.

Haystak is better than Bubba Sparxxx

Pastor Troy is the deepest southern emcee

50's selling a lot becuase all the underground heads are buying it,
uh...really?...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 11:12:27 AM by S.G.V. »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2003, 01:23:47 PM »
^ agree with everything except the Big L comment

- Lewis Carroll

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2003, 02:07:03 PM »
Big L was one of the most important emcees ever...more than B.I.G.

Explain that.

S.G.V.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2003, 05:05:34 PM »
to me Big L was better than B.I.G....Biggie didnt really do that much in my eyes...n he wasnt as talented as L...Big L was a much better Emcee(freestyle & written)...not to mention...he is the inspiration for a lot of rappers...(Old)Mase, Cam'Ron, Fabolous, McGruff, Joe Budden, Stan Spit, Paul Cain, Loon, Cardan and so many more...Lifestyles Ov Da Poor...that album was too underrated...Biggie was coo...cant say he wasnt...but he wasnt the emcee that L was...L gave alot of underground cats something to look foward to...tho he could be on BET hed still rep with the unknown emcees and blaze nice verses...for me L was always number 3(in NY)...behind only KRS & G Rap...thats just me...alot of people love Biggie(tho they only called him a great after he died)....

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 05:08:23 PM »
word, as an MC L was much better than Biggie

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 05:26:27 PM »
biggie was good don't get me wrong but l would've ripped him. freestyle or written. just look at what he did to jay(in prime) on back 2 back. jay had to go to a written verse and l still made him look bad haha.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris