Author Topic: Crooked I-Says New Solo Album Coming In 2013  (Read 2725 times)

LAPROMO

• 'G'
Crooked I-Says New Solo Album Coming In 2013
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »

Okka

Re: Crooked I-Says New Solo Album Coming In 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
I wish it would happen, but i seriously doubt it.

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
Same shit, different day - he said that in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 :D

Seriously, I gave up on his "solo album" thing in the summer of 2007, when he blew up prolly the biggest buzz he ever had as a solo artist with "Hip-Hop Weekly's" - after that, it was game over for Crooked in my eyes.

Anyone still remember the famous "this year I'm dropping B.O.S.S. - I promise" line from the very first Hip-Hop Weekly?  ;D

Okka

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
He needs to leak all the unreleased shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 03:39:31 PM »
i'll be 100% surprised if something comes out besides another solo EP or at best a solo "mixtape" over original beats like Psalm 82.6 was

the fact he didn't just go ahead and call 82.6 or Young Boss 2 his debut was a horrible business move as both were all original songs and not freestyles

but hey I just want dope music I don't give a fuck how it's released anymore but I like to support the artist if i can 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
but hey I just want dope music I don't give a fuck how it's released anymore but I like to support the artist if i can 8)

That's basically the way I look at it. Regardless of the format, as long as the music is dope, that's what matters to me.

Portugoal

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
if crooked i says new solo albums are coming, i have no doubt he'll releasea bunch of music for free prior to the album. that's what he's best at :P

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:06 PM »
I wish it would happen, but i seriously doubt it.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BiggBoogaBiff

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »
i dont think he gonna release anything.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Mietek23

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 03:33:24 AM »
i dont think he gonna release anything.

Of course he ain't gonna release anything - right now, the "buzz" for Crooked I as a solo artist is second to none, so it ain't gonna work.

He had 2 major occasions to release solo album - one was in summer of 2005 when "Boom Boom Clap" hit the air, but we know he was blocked because of the lawsuit from Death Row. 2 years later he had even bigger buzz with Hip-Hop Weekly's, which set the internet on fire and people were going crazy! He followed it with "New West Anthem", which was also dope and right then he should came with a video for it and release his album independent - he still would be doing some nice numbers (I think around 50-100k) but instead he decided to wait and wait and wait for some major label to give him millions of $$$ and push him to go 4x platinum which was just a stupid idea to say at least.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:57 AM »

He had 2 major occasions to release a solo album - one was in summer of 2005 when "Boom Boom Clap" hit the air and that 2 year window he had and then his buzz which grew with Hip-Hop Weekly as people were interested.  He followed it with "New West Anthem" and he couldve released his album independent - he still would be doing some nice numbers (I think around 25k-61k) but instead he decided to wait and wait and wait for some major label to give him millions of $$$ and push him to go 4x platinum which was just a stupid idea to say at least.

Fixed and co-signed.

I never understood either why he chose to go the route he did (back then and in hindsight).  i guess it was his ego.  Crooked I had life outside of Dubcc and European Hip Hop websites, he wasnt ever a household name but people knew who he was and were checkin for him even though he didnt garner that attention like other artists who were really poppin off releasing albums at that time were (even tho it was safe to assume at that time he would've just off of his connections/affiliations alone).  

Even Eastwood could've been alot bigger than he is now if he woulda just went against the grain and tried to set it off earlier on his own or along with Crooked I (and i guess Kurupt too since he was there).  

The nostalgia played into it but it wasnt the "end all be all" type of scenario.  They really had a chance to capitalize off of the strength of their name and music alone.  The world wasnt gonna shit on em becuz they were on Death Row and they may or may not have released an unwhelming album (which didnt seem likely).  By that time the world had moved on a little bit and Hip Hop was expanding on a bigger horizon, word to Ca$h Money Records.  U didnt need a crystal ball to c that
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:57:00 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 05:08:20 AM »
new solo album coming? reads like he released many solo albums before lol

of course this will not the see the light of day and i`m sure if he really release one many people will be disapointed

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
they'll be dissapointed becuz Crook has a weak beat selection and he doesnt pick the right concepts (last i heard which i admit was years ago).  Bloggers are never satisfied anyway, its in their nature