Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)  (Read 10452 times)

Sccit

Re: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
To the people saying it's not West Coast enough must not be from out here because the story he's telling is straight LA. The type of shit that happens to him in the story is going on & been going on in these streets.

not the content, the sound of the music. theres a difference.

Sccit

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
To the people saying it's not West Coast enough must not be from out here because the story he's telling is straight LA. The type of shit that happens to him in the story is going on & been going on in these streets.

They are upset because of the lack of Zapp & Gap Band samples that have been used time and time again.

how many times u guna say the same stupid ass shit?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »

They are upset because of the lack of Zapp & Gap Band samples that have been used time and time again.

Same question to you.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

Said it once. Why are you so mad at people praising a West Coast Artist for making a critically acclaimed and most likely great selling album (projected to sell over 200k first week)?

Sccit

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »

Said it once. Why are you so mad at people praising a West Coast Artist for making a critically acclaimed and most likely great selling album (projected to sell over 200k first week)?

who said i'm mad? just like u have ur opinions, i have mine....seems to me like the kendrick fanatics are the ones getting mad at any1 not hailing this a masterpiece.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »
who said i'm mad? just like u have ur opinions, i have mine....seems to me like the kendrick fanatics are the ones getting mad at any1 not hailing this a masterpiece.

Agree to disagree. I personally think it's a breath of fresh air and one of the best releases to come out of the west coast over the past several years.

simple

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
I hope this album blows up commercially. It would be a clear message to all those corporate jews to leave the creative control to the artists themselves. One of he best albums ive heard in years. 

Sccit

« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
It would be a clear message to all those corporate jews to leave the creative control to the artists themselves.

i dont get it...am i the only one who hears that "backseat freestyle" sounds like it could be a lil wayne track? "poetic justice" is your typical drake song...the first half of "m.a.a.d city" could be the new kanye. i dont get how so many of yall hear a "lack of industry sound" with the album? i got the exact opposite vibe from a lot of it.

PLANT

« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
NIK I suggest you stop posting in this thread.  You are looking more and more like a straight hater after stating the same points over and over and trying to convince people this album does not sound as good as they think.  Just stop, man. 

Its not your job to tell someone what to like, or what they want/ think the music should sound like.  Make your point and move on.

Blood$

« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »
I wouldn't give this album a 5/5 either, maybe a 4.5/5 though

that 200K first week sales is a great look, hopefully Meek Mill doesn't take away from second week sales

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
west coast fuck it la/compton fans will never be happy...this nigga can put the west on the map....hell his whole crew some mic wreckers...

but niggas want that same old tired bullshit...

The Predator

« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »
MC Eiht rapping over the 'Bird In Hand' type beat was the best thing about this album, but wtf? at the first half butchery of the song!?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:32:33 PM by The Predator »

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »
This album has been on repeat since I first put it on. Absolutely incredible. I can't wait to receive my album in the mail. It's very impressive that a hip hop concept/short story album has been able to become a hit with the masses. I'm from L.A., and many of my friends stopped listening to west coast rap, or even hip hop in general. They still bump the west coast classics of course, but a few of them are actually liking this album. Th GKMC is really becoming a hit with a whole bunch of different crowds too. 

D-TalkX

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »
I was looking fwd to this but I'm samplin' it now...I'm bored...Sounds East Coast/South to me, was hoping for some West Coast funky flavour. Maybe it will grow on me.

D-TalkX

« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »

not the content, the sound of the music. theres a difference.

Agree