Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)  (Read 10450 times)

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
Re: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »
Haven't heard them myself.... but from an educated guess you guys are paying for MARKETING when you buy Beats by Dre.

Do you guys know the history of Monster cables?  Monster=farce.  They've been obliterated in tests over and over again.  They been shown on the news as being a hoax.  This company spends millions on marketing to get young bucks like dudes on these forums to buy into the hype.  I'm sure AKG or Seinheiser are better headphones amigos.   

jman91331

« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »
Haven't heard them myself.... but from an educated guess you guys are paying for MARKETING when you buy Beats by Dre.

Do you guys know the history of Monster cables?  Monster=farce.  They've been obliterated in tests over and over again.  They been shown on the news as being a hoax.  This company spends millions on marketing to get young bucks like dudes on these forums to buy into the hype.  I'm sure AKG or Seinheiser are better headphones amigos.   
That may or may not be true as far as buying into the marketing hype. All I know is I have the studios and the powerbeats I've listened to the album on my studios & ran to it on my powerbeats & it sounds damn good on them. There may be better headphones out there, who knows? But I do know I buy Beats By Dre products because that's what I want. If other people can't justify spending that ammount of bread on them that's they're issue but that doesn't mean other people get the right to talk bad about a person who does by them. We have 5 differnt models of Beats in my household & they're all worth the money to me. Yeah they've become a fashon statement/status quo thing but they also happen to sound damn good.  Its like a pair of new Jordans,  they're might be a pair of shoes in the price range that are more comfortable to walk in or play basketball in but they don't give you the same status as a pair of J's. Plus aren't even manufactured by Monster anymore. But back on topic, Good Kid m.A.A.d City sound real good on my beats that's why I recommended them.

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!!!! This site is funny as hell this album is an instant classic!!!! i gives a fuck what anyone's says, to listen to this album is like watching boyz n the hood for the first time, his story telling & his substance that's on this album is amazing don't nobody on the coast sound like dude. Game calling kendrick the nas of the westcoast is a good comparison.... cause the dude is genius this niggas best album his still ahead of him that's how skilled he is most great rappers that drop classic debut albums can't make shit else that tops their debut. Kendrick will, The Heart pt.3 & The jig is up are examples of that kendrick dropped those records after the album was out who do you kno doing that shit nobody! his work ethic will make him a legend alone.  The reason westcoast rappers fade out is because niggas don't have substance in their music, that's why kendrick will be around for a long time cause he has that instead of some people on this website knocking him realize that kendrick blowing up is puttin the light back on the westcoast in a good way finally!! all the expectations on him from being crowned the Westcoast King by the Westcoast legends, winning llyricist of the year at the B.E.T. awards over Nas, Jay-z, J.Cole and to drop an instant classic bebut album....  talking about delivering Kendrick will go down as one of the MC'S of all time just wait & see the kid is just that talented #westwest#

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
Jay Rock verse on money trees is great  8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »

Like you just said, you havent heard them, so your opinion doesn't mean a thing.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
 I'll have to look into those head phones but beats by dre on sale massively!! The ones i was looking at down from $500 to $215. Tempting.

westside159

« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
Good album , another good cd to put in my westcoast hip hop collection . Best songs are Maad City with MC Eiht , Money Trees with Jay rock , Good kid , Real , Compton with Dr Dre , Bitch don't kill my vibe is a nice track too .
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:24:28 PM by westside159 »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
Some okay songs on here..... was more tuned into Section 80.

Okka

« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
Been listenin' to this everyday since it leaked. Great fuckin album, wouldn't call it a classic though. Album of the year for sure.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
 Its funny how most albums take a few listens to sound really good and they seem to get better and better where as only a rare few sound great instantly and remain that way, of course some suck and remain that way.
 I find every so often i find an album that sounds great at first but then i like it less each listen. At first i thought this Kendrick album was one of those. But now i realise its only because of playing it through pc monitor speakers or just flicking through it in my car, flicking through the album not really listening properly.
 But now ive got a really good sound system and listened to the album right through a couple more times, its started sounding better and better again.
 Sounds real good but iam still unsure about classic and still dont like the skits so much.
 Its a strange album too me it sounds a hell of alot better if you listen to the songs in order instead of flicking through it. But cranking money trees loud always sounds good as fuck.
 I still only listened to the bonus disk once.
 I cant lie if it weren't for the Dre association and hype i would've slept on this dude for sure.
 He still seems unheard of around here.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!!!! This site is funny as hell this album is an instant classic!!!! i gives a fuck what anyone's says, to listen to this album is like watching boyz n the hood for the first time, his story telling & his substance that's on this album is amazing don't nobody on the coast sound like dude. Game calling kendrick the nas of the westcoast is a good comparison.... cause the dude is genius this niggas best album his still ahead of him that's how skilled he is most great rappers that drop classic debut albums can't make shit else that tops their debut. Kendrick will, The Heart pt.3 & The jig is up are examples of that kendrick dropped those records after the album was out who do you kno doing that shit nobody! his work ethic will make him a legend alone.  The reason westcoast rappers fade out is because niggas don't have substance in their music, that's why kendrick will be around for a long time cause he has that instead of some people on this website knocking him realize that kendrick blowing up is puttin the light back on the westcoast in a good way finally!! all the expectations on him from being crowned the Westcoast King by the Westcoast legends, winning llyricist of the year at the B.E.T. awards over Nas, Jay-z, J.Cole and to drop an instant classic bebut album....  talking about delivering Kendrick will go down as one of the MC'S of all time just wait & see the kid is just that talented #westwest#

Fuck this Post is so fucking Euro, It Makes Brian look like Malcom X.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »

Like you just said, you havent heard them, so your opinion doesn't mean a thing.

Well, it does actually, cuz it looks like I struck a chord with the fanboys who dolled out big $$ just for the beats by dre name.  I was right on the.... money you could say  ;)  If you bought "premium" headphones without doing the research on other premium headphones, you are indeed, buying into the marketing hype.  AKG, Seinheiser, plus numerous other brands have been around for YEARS and been used in the studio.  Have you read any reviews on them?  The reviews I read said they were missing some low-end and also they were built cheaply and broke often.  This was a few years ago but still...
Basically every music video, tv show, and movie you see dudes rocking BBD headphones, that's what your paying for!  But for real, good lookin on Dre and Jimmy for ganking you for your money.  More money in their piggy banks after the music industry collapsed.  Dre needs a new Ferrari this year boys! 

jman91331

« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:30 AM »

Well, it does actually, cuz it looks like I struck a chord with the fanboys who dolled out big $$ just for the beats by dre name.  I was right on the.... money you could say  ;)  If you bought "premium" headphones without doing the research on other premium headphones, you are indeed, buying into the marketing hype.  AKG, Seinheiser, plus numerous other brands have been around for YEARS and been used in the studio.  Have you read any reviews on them?  The reviews I read said they were missing some low-end and also they were built cheaply and broke often.  This was a few years ago but still...
Basically every music video, tv show, and movie you see dudes rocking BBD headphones, that's what your paying for!  But for real, good lookin on Dre and Jimmy for ganking you for your money.  More money in their piggy banks after the music industry collapsed.  Dre needs a new Ferrari this year boys! 
But you're posting a thread saying people are paying for marketing when you haven't even took the time to listen to them so dude is right, your opinion is pretty useless. You're posting your post based on reviews or "history of monster" going against people who actually own them makes no sense. You're also buying into the hype, just in reverse. You like the brands you mentioned, that's fine. But it makes no sense to imply those are better when you haven't even compared. I can see if you bought a pair of beats & they broke on you or sounded like shit but you never even heard not one model. I own two different models of Beats and Kendrick's album sounds good as fuck on them. That's all that matters to me, not if the next man thinks I could've got better headphones with another brand. Then you're basing your whole point on reviews from a few years ago like they're still valid. Times have changed, they're not even partnered with Monster anymore. As far as buying Dre a new Ferrari, you don't think the CEOs of the other brands you mentioned and aren't getting rich off of consumers the same way? It's called business.

westside159

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2012, 02:38:46 AM »
Maad City and Money trees is dope , Looking forward to that new MC Ruhr album Which way is West in January

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »
Money Trees is the shit! Jay Rock Killed that!