Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)  (Read 10356 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »
Right, I decided to give this a listen. It sounds better than it did when I listened to the snippets. Its' a very cohesive album, and i mean very cohesive. Alot of of the beats are very similar and get boring. Standout tracks are Bitch, Dant Kill My Vibe, Backstreet Freestyle (hate the hook though) Money Trees and M.A.D.D. City. Infact, M.A.D.D. City is extremely dope. Compton would of been dope without the irritating hook. Classic this is not going to be. I give it a 3/5.

Kendrick RAPES the living shit out of M.A.D.D. City!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 11:53:10 PM »
The whole album been on repeat for a good time now.
I love that its not that typical westcoast sound, but rather new and creative.
This is the work of an artist who is a product of his own thoughts and ideas, not just another rapper who does what everybody expect him to do and whats been done thousand times over.
The storyline is dope thru the whole album and the production is flawless.

Stand out songs for me is "Money Trees", "m.A.A.d city", "the art of peer pressure", "sing about me", but the whole album biggest strength is that its an ALBUM.

Easy the album of the year for me, so far!
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
Damn y'all are really hyping this up for me might just go buy it instead and hear it full blast on the head phones.. we'll see
The West is Back

Will_B

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
Damn y'all are really hyping this up for me might just go buy it instead and hear it full blast on the head phones.. we'll see

I played it once and liked it enough to buy the deluxe cd to bump on my system. I'm not going crazy for the album yet but I wanna wanna hear how it knocks for real. Kendrick can have my money for the cd he def earnt it with this one

DJ-AGE™

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • THE MIXTAPE KING!
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »
I really enjoy this album man...i got mine early courtesy of ebay cause stores aint dropping it until the 26th out here and i aint really with that itunes shit cause i need hard copies....the only negative shit i can say is that some a the dope tracks that switch beat should a been left like 'The Art Of Peer Pressure' opening beat is dope as fuck...a whole track with that beat woulda been nutz with a dope West Coast feature would of made it that just better....im still goin a 5/5 though....

DJ-AGE™

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • THE MIXTAPE KING!
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 01:11:20 AM »
The whole album been on repeat for a good time now.
I love that its not that typical westcoast sound, but rather new and creative.
Easy the album of the year for me, so far!

AGREE  8) its a new era of music right now and i rather listen to this shit than that South Club shit all the damn same time 90% of these west coast cats trying to drop today... NO DISS to the South but the West needed its own sound again and not copied from the South like its been for a few years after the G-Funk era faded out slowly.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »
Rap music must be such a boring music these days if half of the forum says this album is a classic.
I've listened to this album twice. Well... quite nice but i don't want to get back to it anymore simply because i got bored after two spins...
Just like the other guy said - it's a good cure for insomnia. The album got the same mood from the beginning to an end - and it's a boring mood. Whoever produced this shit he have no idea how to play with the mood.

i'd rather go back to The Q4, Arts The Beatdoctor or Ohmega Watts again...

peace
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:53:07 AM by shoo »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
So by far album of the year.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

Easily, every forum I've seen the majority are fucking with it, hopefully he can sell 200+ next week.

jman91331

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
Amazon sent it to me early for some reason. Was a cool surprise in the mail box today when I seen this in there. Anyway this is a good ass album! Best I heard in awhile. I'm glad somebody actually took to time to make a cohesive album & not just a collection of songs. I don't have a favorite song, I like the whole shit.

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »

No better than Life Is Good

Cali_Heat

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
have anyone some info on the Target Deluxe edition with 2 New Bonus Tracks on it , is it the final Deluxe Album on Amazon?

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
just now discovered how dope black boy fly is

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
 I picked up my copy today just gave it a listen (deluxe edition).
 Fucking great album! Really enjoyed it. Very well produced and mixed, mastered. The album flows together really well and i thought there was only really 1 or two weaker tracks.
 Kendrick switches up his flow really well. The only thing that i didn't really like is how on a couple tracks he changes his voice to sound kinda computerized, or like an alien or chip monk or something? To me that sounded kinda stupid.
 All the negativity about it all sounding the same i disagree? The negativity about the singing? that had me worried cos i hate RnB for the most part and when a "hip hop" album has too much singing but there wasnt even that much and to me it fit in and sounds really good.
 The only one that sounds kinda gay is the very last track on disc two(bonus track). And my god how good would've Nate Dogg sounded on "compton"!?
 Really pleased with the album, instant appeal. Most albums i get they need to grow but this sounds good right away. Hopefully it would be one of those weird occasions where it sounds worse every listen^^;
 Only listened on PC through a gaming head set, cant wait to hear it loud as fuck through a good system or im my car. Listened to it sober also i think this album would be incredible to drink to or hear drunk.
 Really chill album.
 Oh and i dont understand the DR Dre criticism?? yes its disappointing he didnt produce but i think he sounds really good on the mic on this!! I dont see the problem?
 Cant say if its classic or not after one listen.
 EDIT: oh and i like it way more than section 80.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:45:02 PM by KrazySumwhat »

Portugoal

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »
I've never cared much for Kendrick Lamar's music. To me he's your regular backpack rapper. Now I've listened to this a few times now... The album is a mix between Outkast and your regular backpack rapper's album. The songs with Dr. Dre stand out to me. After reading the replies in this thread I expected an amazing album, but I think it's good at best... It's probably not my cup of tea and the skits are annoying.