Author Topic: Talib Kweli Pushes Back "Prisoner Of Consciousness"  (Read 178 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Talib Kweli Pushes Back "Prisoner Of Consciousness"
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:23 PM »
Talib Kweli was originally slated to release his new album Prisoner of Consciousness on November 20th, but fans will have to wait a few more months for its release. During an interview with Power 105's The Breakfast Club, the Brooklyn, New York rapper explained that the dismantling of his label Blacksmith Records is to blame for the delay.

"No, that's atually going to be pushed back. It was originally supposed to come out on Blacksmith/EMI/Capitol, it's not longer coming out on EMI/Blacksmith/Capitol. It was my label, we have now dismantled it," he said. "I have a label called Javotti Media, which I put my last album Gutter Rainbows on, so it's now coming out on Javotti/EMI/Capitol. But in order to make the transition, I pushed it back a couple of months. I'm looking at February."

Kwe explained that his manager, Cory Smith, decided to focus more on management and didn't have as much time to focus on running Blacksmith Records. As a result, he launched a new label, Javotti Media, to release future projects.

"Me and my manager Cory Smith, he's still my manager. We still got a lot of work to do. He just partnered up with Red Light Entertainment, he's doing more of the managing thing. So it's hard for him to focus on the label thing. For me, I've gotta focus on getting the music out. I was successful with Gutter Rainbows with Javotti, shout out to Dru-Ha and Noah from 3D Distribution, and I'm doing it myself at this point."
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Talib Kweli Pushes Back "Prisoner Of Consciousness"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »
I thought he was on Duck Down? What does that mean for Strong Arm Steady then?

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »
What does that mean for Strong Arm Steady then?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
What happened to the Black Star Aretha mixtape?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.