Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city" is Good.. But Not Classic  (Read 2370 times)

Sccit

Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city" is Good.. But Not Classic
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
this foo nikk is a straight bitch... pull ur skirt down already homie... kendrick dropped a sicc ass album... the story tellin on this album is fuccn CRAZY... the whole album flows together nice... i dont see y are u hating on k.dot when u need to look in the mirror n realize ur shit is beyond wack... no one will ever bump ur shit besides ur moms, or home boys, n thats if u even have any cuz it seems like u are on here all day...  this shit is comedy... just shut ur cock holster n quit rappin homie... ur shit is WACK...

lol some1 gettin a lil extra mad because my opinion on the album aint the same as theirs. i never denied the album was sick. u got comprehension issues, my man? u didnt address anything i said about the album, ur just actin like a butthurt lil fanboy. don't get the facts twisted, L.A.M.B shit goes.. but that has absolutely nothin to do with kendrick lackin' regional sound. which is fine, if thats not what ur lookin for. but u cant tell me the first 2 minutes of "m.a.a.d city" doesn't sound exactly like a kanye song.

woof

Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city" is Good.. But Not Classic
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »
Target has 2 more bonus tracks

County Building Blues and Swimming Pools Black Hippy Remix

Sccit

Re: Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city" is Good.. But Not Classic
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
I shouldn't respond to this thread considering the review is from my website lol, but anyway...

I personally think TDE has created a new west sound, I always felt like the entire doesn't have west sound argument is weak. For example, me and my camp we rap and you can tell we are westcoast cats as soon as we start talking but we have never rapped over your stereotypical westcoast beats. I think Kendricks album sounds very westcoast, its just not the sound that most people are accustomed to. What makes Kendricks album so great is that he is coming from a non affilate perspective, he is basically a cat that didn't get put on a crip or blood hood but was still in the streets and still functioned with crips and bloods. Which I think is the story for a lot of cats out here in the west, you have a lot of non crips and bloods thats still in these streets that still get down and are not on some square shit. The content is west and nobody can say anything about that. I love the album and have been bumping it since i downloaded it and I might actually go buy it. This album is very westcoast, the west sound argument is very subjective...

good points, but dont u see how the sound is largely similar to a lot of the radio stuff nowadays?...elements borrowed from drake, wayne, kanye. the content is west, but thats where it ends. i dont hear anything west coast about his actual sound, outside of the occasional touches by dre (the 2nd half of the song "m.a.a.d city" was DEFINITELY produced by Dre, for instance, and thats the only song i'd say has a true west coast influence). what, aside from the content, gives u a west coast vibe about the sound of the album?

Sccit

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
Maybe not to you.. But some people want their west coast music to capture the feeling of their region. Pac's overall sound was west coast (very bay influenced), and Scrarface always had the Texas flow, don't think u can compare Kendricks lack of identity to them. As for labeling an album classic, like I said, u usually know if an album has classic potential the moment you hear it. For instance, everyone knew "2001" was classic the day it dropped. Now, there are exceptions, but i gotta say this album is not.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree on that. Pac to me always had a considerably East Coast energy to him. Pac had a more aggressive edge than you usually got from most West Coast rappers. He was versatile enough to adapt to what was going on in California but even Digital Underground who were the group who put him on in the game, there is a West Coast style there that Pac can certainly mesh with but that's not the aura that he gives off. He's more brash like Naughty By Nature who again have funky enough beats of their own that they rhyme on a distinctly East Coast vibe. Even if you want to compare the artists he fucked with in his circle with hardcore styles. He sounds way more like Stretch from Bomb Squad or one of the Jersey-bred Outlawz members than someone like Spice-1 or Big Syke. He's universal enough to fit in because he's a strong artist but his 1994 era stuff is not regionalized at all to me. And while we're at it, would you really consider Eminem's "Marshall Mathers LP" or "The Eminem Show" to have a strong Detriot or Mid-West vibe to them?

huh? big syke and pac always had a similar style to me. also, ray luv. he's another rapper who i always thought had a similar style to pac. then there are the west coast rappers influenced by pac...roscoe was one of 'em. that list could go on forever, though.  and eminem undeniably has a mid-west sound. that whole shock-value/serial killer rap is a staple of detroit. u ever listen to esham? that was a bad example, my dude.

Sccit

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
What is this about some people saying Kendrick ain't got his own sound ? Go check all TDE albums, they all have this distinctive sound, that is also present through out GKMC. Especially Schoolboy Q and Ab Souls projects. Jay Rock was the one that was heavily westcoast influenced and even now he's creating this TDE sound with recent tracks like YOLA and his verse on Money Trees. They feed off each other. Follow Me Home was dope but it had some generic westcoast bangers that sounded outdated, watch his next album shit on it.

u dont hear the outkast influence? how bout the current top-40 hip-hop influence? i mean, dont get me wrong, he has partially developed a sound of his own, but he's still workin on developing his own SIGNATURE sound, if u feel where i'm comin from.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2012, 01:56:00 AM »
i havent heard it, im still debating whether im gonna buy this or not.... i dont like seeing a drake feature. cuz thats one song that will be a auto-skip... and how much auto tune is on here????? if its all over i dont wanna hear it even

It's not any where near what you're preconceiving ;)

Albums nice and the drake feature is still a good track IMO

i cant stand drake or auto tune. so is there alot of auto tune on here>??????

Will_B

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »

Thanks.

Just cancelled my standard Deluxe order with amazon

Cali_Heat

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2012, 02:50:33 AM »
Is this the Final Deluxe Edition on Amazon or is it new Edition where can i buy it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:52:54 AM by Cali_Heat »

Lucifuge

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2012, 02:55:20 AM »
fresh album 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:45 AM »

Thanks.

shame they dont ship overseas :(

Quadruple OG

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
i havent heard it, im still debating whether im gonna buy this or not.... i dont like seeing a drake feature. cuz thats one song that will be a auto-skip... and how much auto tune is on here????? if its all over i dont wanna hear it even

It's not any where near what you're preconceiving ;)

Albums nice and the drake feature is still a good track IMO

i cant stand drake or auto tune. so is there alot of auto tune on here>??????

People need to get over the Drake thing. Captain Simp put Kendrick on his album and took him on tour, so it was obvious from the get go he'd be on the album. There's no Autotune on this album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »
dudes flow fucking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and hes always fucking with his voice cuz its super wack

NO HITS

NO VENOM

STRAIGHT PUSSY

i dont listen to fag boys rap to relax... i dont listen to rap to relax... i listen to real music....

dr.dre is clueless

why is dr.dre dropping all these verses like ANYONE wants to hear his monkey ass rap at 50!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!

we WANTED "your" beats you washed up roid boy pussy...

I CANT WAIT UNTIL DRE STOPS ABUSING ANABOLICS AND HIS TEST LEVELS DROP AND LEAVE HIM A WITHERED MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes either gonna prune up like a raisin... or keep shooting juice until his heart explodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he deserves the WORST...

and you know you fucking suck when MC EIHT is the BEST part of your album... in 2012....
LMFAO
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »

Thanks.

shame they dont ship overseas :(

What's the plan Will? If you've got a way around it let me know cos I'd rather get my hands on that one as well

BIGWORM

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »
Wow this album is the most overrated piece of shit I heard in a long time. Shit was boooooooorrrrrring....

Tell him Devin and Outkast want their style back....

Sccit

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »
Wow this album is the most overrated piece of shit I heard in a long time. Shit was boooooooorrrrrring....

Tell him Devin and Outkast want their style back....

didnt think of that....there are traces of devin in his style, as well.