Author Topic: Here's a recap of my latest trip to St. Louis to freestyle on street corners...  (Read 2695 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I talked about round 2 of my latest busking trip to St. Louis in another thread.  It was a totally unrelated thread so I wanted to move the discussion over to here.   This was my second time going to St. Louis to freestyle on street corners.   The term for it is busking, or street performing.  It's like what you see at Venice Beach.  This spot in St. Louis has several buskers, like saxophone players and hoola hoop dancers, but this last time I went it was raining and therefore I was the only busker out there.   But I just felt compelled to go the night before, and I had a lot of shit to get off my chest.  I couldn't do anything else until I went to St. Louis and let off on an hour or so long freestyle and exhausted all my words and thoughts.  After that I my head cleared and I felt brand new again.  Here's a little run down...

How did that  go?

It was a very unique experience.  Because it's a very novel pursuit, so there is really no precedent for it.  You experience things you wouldn't normally experience.  Like, for example, many people would pass by and try to act like they didn't notice me... but you wanna know some crazy shit... I COULD ACTUALLY SENSE WHAT THEY WERE THINKING!  It was like a 6th sense I had in that moment that I don't normally have.  Not for every passerby, but for many of them.  Like an older white lady passed by and I could actually sense what she was thinking, she was thinking, "GET ME A THOUSAND MILES AWAY FROM THIS GUY, QUICK!".   Even that was cool, to piss somebody off like that, because I think it speaks to something that's beneath the surface and allows it to be out in the open.   Instead of us just being ants in an ant colony.

Then you always get those one or two people that really appreciate it and stop and listen and give you props.  That kind of shit makes it all worth it.  You really connect on a deeper level, because the type of shit I was freestyling about was was way out there.  So when somebody accepts something so fringe it's a cool feeling.  It's like recognizing the existence of something that is supposed to remain hidden. 

I mean, I'm obviously not the first to ever do it.  In fact, I remember one nerdy white dude was doing it out at the plaza here in Kansas City one day back when I was 19, and I joined him for a while.  Back then I had a D12 hat on and most my freestyles sounded were like bitten off Em/D12.   But the nerdy white dude was fucking dope, he was rapping about aliens coming to take over America and all types of wacked out shit.   He wasn't really hustling for change, but actually selling some cd's that he was featured on for about $5.00.  I don't think he sold hardly any while I was with him, except for the copy I got.  But the dude was cool as fuck, and his girlfriend was there with him and I took them out to eat afterwards.  They were two of the most down to earth people I've ever met in my life.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MistaNova

"GET ME A THOUSAND MILES AWAY FROM THIS GUY, QUICK!".

Of course people would say that, you have dreams about Suge Knight.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
you stood in the rain and what did you get off your chest ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sikotic™

Attention whoring out in public while your kid is seeking your attention. SMH.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

O.G A.Geesta'z

lmao
The West is Back

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOL.

Hack Wilson - real

he left his son sitting in a high chair with a razorblade and matches

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

he left his son sitting in a high chair with a razorblade and matches
OH SHIT
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J. B A N A N A S

The sad reality of it folks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
This is the best part about Brian's threads. He either waits for somebody to ignore the HILARIOUS kid comments & who talks about the freestyling & ignorantly continues to talk about it or he just abandons the thread.

Fraxxx

I COULD ACTUALLY SENSE WHAT THEY WERE THINKING! 

That's no sixth sense, that's called EMPATHY! You're so full of yourself it's not even funny.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Hack Wilson - real

That's no sixth sense, that's called EMPATHY! You're so full of yourself it's not even funny.

nah nobody has empathy for Brian, just sympathy :D

Sikotic™

LMAO!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

sounds like a great experience. dubcc is just mad cuz they dont have the testicular fortitude to try something as enlightening as this. they're too worried they'd get laughed at and possibly even bullied like they used to back in middle school.

Hack Wilson - real

sounds like a great experience. dubcc is just mad cuz they dont have the testicular fortitude to try something as enlightening as this.

1-sounds like he had nothing better to do and once again did not want to watch over his family

2-it takes balls to talk infront of a large group of people....it takes about 2 hits of bath salts to go freestyling infrot of people outside of the local Wal Green's