Author Topic: What made Nelly so irrelevant? Way back dude was POPPIN!  (Read 807 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: What made Nelly so irrelevant? Way back dude was POPPIN!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »
midwestsyder thinks dude is jay z status
no, i fucking don't dumbass. also jay-z is overrated & not on the status you think he is . all jay-z is wannabe big daddy kane .

so then nelly is below jay z a BDK wanna be? is that what your saying?

Remedy360

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »
It's funny... Sometimes I read on this msg board that Nelly has some classics on his belt (which I agree with), but at the time when he was popular, he was the most critisized artist out there.

I think that's fairly common. Personally, I didn't like Nelly at all at the height of his popularity in the late 90's and early 2000's. I still don't fuck with songs like Hot in Here, but shit like Country Grammar, Ride With Me, etc sound pretty dope these days. I think it's really a matter of perspective. I feel the same way about Ja Rule and some other dudes that were poppin back then, wasn't a fan at the time but compared to the shit on the radio these days it's pretty good. I think there's also a big sense of nostalgia with some tracks for that era.

Shit even Vanilla Ice sounds better than lot of rappers that are poppin' nowdays

Lol, true. He's more of a one hit wonder than the guys I was thinking of though.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
you cant really say nelly is a one hit wonder...hes a country ass bammer and phony as shit but hes got hits.

shit that will always earn money becasue dumb asses will always use the hot and here and must be the money beat on promo and shit like that...

just off memory i can think of at least ten number one nelly songs from three different albums. thats an accomplishment.

midwestryder

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »
midwestsyder thinks dude is jay z status
no, i fucking don't dumbass. also jay-z is overrated & not on the status you think he is . all jay-z is wannabe big daddy kane .

so then nelly is below jay z a BDK wanna be? is that what your saying?
no i am not saying that at all. . nelly is in his own lane &  i will nevr compare jay-z to nelly ever. i am saying jay-z is most overrated rapper since biggie who is another BDK wannabe.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »
It's funny... Sometimes I read on this msg board that Nelly has some classics on his belt (which I agree with), but at the time when he was popular, he was the most critisized artist out there.

I think that's fairly common. Personally, I didn't like Nelly at all at the height of his popularity in the late 90's and early 2000's. I still don't fuck with songs like Hot in Here, but shit like Country Grammar, Ride With Me, etc sound pretty dope these days. I think it's really a matter of perspective. I feel the same way about Ja Rule and some other dudes that were poppin back then, wasn't a fan at the time but compared to the shit on the radio these days it's pretty good. I think there's also a big sense of nostalgia with some tracks for that era.

real spit

MistaNova

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
I think the better question might be "What made Nelly so relevant?"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
I think the better question might be "What made Nelly so relevant?"

Country Grammar was a different sound and he was representing a region not well represented in the national scene. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't know what made Nelly relevant, but I'm also not going to lie and say I thought he shit was good either. It was the right sound in a time when people were looking for any sound from that region, which was St. Louis. That's about it though, and he had some hits that people like, and now he's in the same place as Coolio, Ja Rule and all the other washed up rappers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHO_GlU2OOY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dHO_GlU2OOY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
now he's in the same place as Coolio, Ja Rule and all the other washed up rappers.

nelly's in jail?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
now he's in the same place as Coolio, Ja Rule and all the other washed up rappers.

nelly's in jail?

Nah, just in a place that if he goes to jail, no one else will care. Forgot both of them have been, or in Coolio's case still in, jail within the last year. If Nelly goes, will anyone remember?

doggfather

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
Favorite track from him.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BabyBird