Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar is an EAST COAST rapper  (Read 2466 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Kendrick Lamar is an EAST COAST rapper
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
It makes sense to think that. Naturally all the best lyricists come out of the East Coast. The staple of the West is just great production flowed over by sub-par, repetitive lyrics.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »
lol another close minded vision on what every artist from the west should sound. shit is sad.

it still amazes me that people still think in 2012 that music from a certain area should sound like this or that.

the content is a westcoast as it gets, just cause it's not gangsta doesn't mean it ain't westcoast. kendrick speaks about what he goes through, he ain't gonna try to conform to g-funk and gangsta lyrics because it's what made the west famous in the early 90's, jesus.

as far as what the OP described as "west coast sound", i agree, he went over the top with the stereotypes......at the same time, kendrick's album IS lacking a regional sound. not because it lacks "G-Funk gangsta shit", but moreso because the sound itself, outside of the content, does not capture the feeling of the west coast. i also didnt hear much east coast influence in it, either, although, kendrick does have some east coastish type cuts in his catalogue ala "hiiipower"

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
It makes sense to think that. Naturally all the best lyricists come out of the East Coast. The staple of the West is just great production flowed over by sub-par, repetitive lyrics.

well, thats bullshit...obviously, the west is known for being more musical, and the east more lyrical. but thats not to say that they dont have a combination of both. the east coast has great producers and the west coast has great lyricists. it goes both ways

HighEyeCue

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
funny thing is east coast hip hop heads prolly think kendrick sucks?

I doubt he is played alot on hiphop radio, mostly Nicki Minaj type music is but the real heads know whats up

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
funny thing is east coast hip hop heads prolly think kendrick sucks?

I doubt he is played alot on hiphop radio, mostly Nicki Minaj type music is but the real heads know whats up

"swimming pools" actually gettin a lotta spins right now

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
lol another close minded vision on what every artist from the west should sound. shit is sad.

it still amazes me that people still think in 2012 that music from a certain area should sound like this or that.

the content is a westcoast as it gets, just cause it's not gangsta doesn't mean it ain't westcoast. kendrick speaks about what he goes through, he ain't gonna try to conform to g-funk and gangsta lyrics because it's what made the west famous in the early 90's, jesus.

as far as what the OP described as "west coast sound", i agree, he went over the top with the stereotypes......at the same time, kendrick's album IS lacking a regional sound. not because it lacks "G-Funk gangsta shit", but moreso because the sound itself, outside of the content, does not capture the feeling of the west coast. i also didnt hear much east coast influence in it, either, although, kendrick does have some east coastish type cuts in his catalogue ala "hiiipower"

So do Pharcyde, Hiero, Dilated, Jurassic and Freestyle Fellowship capture the sound of your West Coast? People need to stop stereotyping the West to one sound, its been diverse forthe longest time

aerroc

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
Some of y'all must be half illiterate or something.

I said in the topic thread that Kendrick's album is a "good album by a good rapper."

So I'm not "hating" on Kendrick, as many of you keep saying.

I just diagnosed his style: it ain't West Coast. It's East Coast.

Doesn't mean he's bad. Just means he don't got the game and the personality and the style of a West Coast rapper.

please define what is a west coast artist 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »

I said in the topic thread that Kendrick's album is a "good album by a good rapper."

Doesn't mean he's bad. Just means he don't got the game and the personality and the style of a West Coast rapper.

never heard of MobNigga06, nor does it matter 2 what i have to say so just read.

A "westcoast artist" is a fallacy perpechuated by few on the internet, the die-hard stuck in tha past fans and the media that get paid to support them (regardless of the person who's actually posting the Article).

"Good Kid, m.A.A.d City" is as "West Coast" as it gets, same with "Follow Me Home".  Why, aside from the beats it's mainly just the content.  "Swimming Pools (Drank)" doesn't sound "Atlanta".... what is "Atlanta"?  And before u answer that question in your head, where does "Atlanta" get it's sound from? 

There's nothing about Kendrick that says "East Coast" aka "New York", absolutely nothing.  I question anybody who will say that's judgement, and not just judgement but their musical Knowledge and Experience period. 

I mean, becuz if Kendrick is "east coast" then so is Big K.R.I.T. and I think we all know that's not tha case

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »

So do Pharcyde, Hiero, Dilated, Jurassic and Freestyle Fellowship capture the sound of your West Coast? People need to stop stereotyping the West to one sound, its been diverse forthe longest time

everyone u named sounds like indie west coast rap. east coast indie rap has a completely different sound.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

never heard of MobNigga06, nor does it matter 2 what i have to say so just read.

A "westcoast artist" is a fallacy perpechuated by few on the internet, the die-hard stuck in tha past fans and the media that get paid to support them (regardless of the person who's actually posting the Article).

"Good Kid, m.A.A.d City" is as "West Coast" as it gets, same with "Follow Me Home".  Why, aside from the beats it's mainly just the content.  "Swimming Pools (Drank)" doesn't sound "Atlanta".... what is "Atlanta"?  And before u answer that question in your head, where does "Atlanta" get it's sound from? 

There's nothing about Kendrick that says "East Coast" aka "New York", absolutely nothing.  I question anybody who will say that's judgement, and not just judgement but their musical Knowledge and Experience period. 

I mean, becuz if Kendrick is "east coast" then so is Big K.R.I.T. and I think we all know that's not tha case

Big KRIT has a classic dirty south flow, i dont think any1 can mistake him for east coast.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »
^^^some would^^^ the average Rap listener doesnt really get caught up in Labels.  Im just addressing THE person who did

and there's no such thing as a "classic dirty south" flow.  People in Alabama and Georgia would laugh you outta tha Coast for saying something like that lol

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »
^^^some would^^^ the average Rap listener doesnt really get caught up in Labels.  Im just addressing THE person who did

and there's no such thing as a "classic dirty south" flow.  People in Alabama and Georgia would laugh you outta tha Coast for saying something like that lol

then they must be retarded

Negaisbacc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
Just bumped Kendrick's album....

This is a good album from a good rapper, but this is NOT a West Coast album....

Kendrick Lamar is a monotone, cerebral, high-content, intellectual rapper..EAST COAST shit. This nigga should be rappin with motherfuckin Dead Prez or Nas one of them niggas.

West Coast rap is that ignorant, G-funk shit, gangsta shit: it's energetic, it's fun, it's about smoking weed, fuckin bitches, getting high, riding round, feelin good, etc. That ain't Kendrick's album.

Nigga sound more like he's from Brooklyn than Compton.

You are fucking retarded, why bring this little shit up? God u cry baby little shit, die slow

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »
^^^some would^^^ the average Rap listener doesnt really get caught up in Labels.  Im just addressing THE person who did

and there's no such thing as a "classic dirty south" flow.  People in Alabama and Georgia would laugh you outta tha Coast for saying something like that lol

ah yes.  becuz Nikcc leader of the Lambz believes so.  The same guy who makes Hoagies at Quizno's and raps about beating women and cosigning rappers who rape little girls just becuz they're from the West Coast thinks so.  youre so right

Negaisbacc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »

ah yes.  becuz Nikcc leader of the Lambz believes so.  The same guy who makes Hoagies at Quizno's and raps about beating women and cosigning rappers who rape little girls just becuz they're from the West Coast thinks so.  youre so right