Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar is an EAST COAST rapper  (Read 2468 times)

bouli77

Re: Kendrick Lamar is an EAST COAST rapper
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
Some of y'all must be half illiterate or something.

I said in the topic thread that Kendrick's album is a "good album by a good rapper."

So I'm not "hating" on Kendrick, as many of you keep saying.

I just diagnosed his style: it ain't West Coast. It's East Coast.

Doesn't mean he's bad. Just means he don't got the game and the personality and the style of a West Coast rapper.

please define what is a west coast artist 

never heard of MobNigga06, nor does it matter 2 what i have to say so just read.

A "westcoast artist" is a fallacy perpechuated by few on the internet, the die-hard stuck in tha past fans and the media that get paid to support them (regardless of the person who's actually posting the Article).

"Good Kid, m.A.A.d City" is as "West Coast" as it gets, same with "Follow Me Home".  Why, aside from the beats it's mainly just the content.  "Swimming Pools (Drank)" doesn't sound "Atlanta".... what is "Atlanta"?  And before u answer that question in your head, where does "Atlanta" get it's sound from? 

There's nothing about Kendrick that says "East Coast" aka "New York", absolutely nothing.  I question anybody who will say that's judgement, and not just judgement but their musical Knowledge and Experience period. 

I mean, becuz if Kendrick is "east coast" then so is Big K.R.I.T. and I think we all know that's not tha case

Big KRIT has a classic dirty south flow, i dont think any1 can mistake him for east coast.

lol Big KRIT sounds like he could be Pimp C's nephew. not only that, he raps about how it's good to be southern with a heavy drawl ("we make it cool to be southern"), and he raps about gripping on woodgrain, like Trae or UGK, there's no possibility to think he's from the east unless you think some of the South is actually the East lol.

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Some of y'all must be half illiterate or something.

I said in the topic thread that Kendrick's album is a "good album by a good rapper."

So I'm not "hating" on Kendrick, as many of you keep saying.

I just diagnosed his style: it ain't West Coast. It's East Coast.

Doesn't mean he's bad. Just means he don't got the game and the personality and the style of a West Coast rapper.

please define what is a west coast artist 

never heard of MobNigga06, nor does it matter 2 what i have to say so just read.

A "westcoast artist" is a fallacy perpechuated by few on the internet, the die-hard stuck in tha past fans and the media that get paid to support them (regardless of the person who's actually posting the Article).

"Good Kid, m.A.A.d City" is as "West Coast" as it gets, same with "Follow Me Home".  Why, aside from the beats it's mainly just the content.  "Swimming Pools (Drank)" doesn't sound "Atlanta".... what is "Atlanta"?  And before u answer that question in your head, where does "Atlanta" get it's sound from? 

There's nothing about Kendrick that says "East Coast" aka "New York", absolutely nothing.  I question anybody who will say that's judgement, and not just judgement but their musical Knowledge and Experience period. 

I mean, becuz if Kendrick is "east coast" then so is Big K.R.I.T. and I think we all know that's not tha case

Big KRIT has a classic dirty south flow, i dont think any1 can mistake him for east coast.

lol Big KRIT sounds like he could be Pimp C's nephew. not only that, he raps about how it's good to be southern with a heavy drawl ("we make it cool to be southern"), and he raps about gripping on woodgrain, like Trae or UGK, there's no possibility to think he's from the east unless you think some of the South is actually the East lol.

money

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
A Westcoast artist is someone who lived the majority of their life in the west, made his bones in the west (started recording and got discovered). Simple as that, Even if a new york Label signs them. If you're really gonna talk about Kendrick Lamar being east coast for talking political and socially conscious stuff, Then I guess N.W.A and more specifically Ice Cube are East Coast because while Public Enemy was talking about Black Power N.W.A and Cube was talking about the violence within the inner cities of America.

Just because you spit complex doesn't mean u can't come from the west.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:23 PM »
spit complex?

@Nik he was agreeing with me smh

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
spit complex?

Actually, he just agreed with what I said. Big KRIT has a Pimp Cesque flow. Impossible to mistake for an east coast rapper.

doggfather

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »
who the f.ck cares in 2012 about east or west coast rappers?!

is he good?

YES

does it matter where he came from, or what "type" of music he made?

No
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »
spit complex?

Actually, he just agreed with what I said. Big KRIT has a Pimp Cesque flow. Impossible to mistake for an east coast rapper.

u need medicine.  the daily frequency of trying to read ppl and argue with ppl for years has taken a toll on your brain

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »
who the f.ck cares in 2012 about east or west coast rappers?!

is he good?

YES

does it matter where he came from, or what "type" of music he made?

No

thing is tho, there's not too much about this album that's not typical west coast/california music.

see, G Funk never died, it was the copycat "Chronic 2001" sound that did. 

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 12:53:35 AM »
spit complex?

u need medicine. 

money, again

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 04:36:11 AM »
spit complex?

u need medicine. 

money, again

Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions  8)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 05:57:26 AM »
spit complex?

u need medicine.  the daily frequency of trying to read ppl and argue with ppl for years has taken a toll on your brain

You're a retard.

Your arguments are unpersuasive.

You've been refuted several times already here.

NikCC is a smart fuckin poster. Bow down, byotch.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Negaisbacc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 06:12:04 AM »
spit complex?

You're a retard.

Shut the fuck up you fucking faggot, why do u care about this dumb shit?!! I would sell my fucking soul to murder you and ur bloodline.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
spit complex?

You're a retard.

u said all of that and u were still wrong

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
spit complex?

You're a retard.

Shut the fuck up you fucking faggot, why do u care about this dumb shit?!! I would sell my fucking soul to murder you and ur bloodline.

i have some buyers uf u got dat work

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
spit complex?

You're a retard.

lol...blunt tyme exposed