Author Topic: Kobe is the greatest player to ever play in the NBA...  (Read 3232 times)

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
Re:Kobe is the greatest player to ever play in the NBA...
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 08:33:56 AM »
*tryin desperately to get Kobe's dick outta NIK's mouth* lol

anyways, i understand yur a laker fan...and obviously a Kobe fan. But this shit is pretty ridiculous. Its not about marketing. Kobe happens to be lucky enough to be peaking, when Jordan is on the way out. EVERY single player that has EVER been compared to Jordan, has at some point...been shown that they arent on his level. They havent survived the "test of time", that Jordan had. Kobe still hasnt, his popularity is relatively new. Plus, like i said...his prime...is a decade past Jordans...so we cant watch an equal matchup between the 2. You saying that others on here know less then you do, is even funnier...because u couldnt make a rational judgement on thiz shit...based on yur obsession with Kobe. U werent even born yet when Jordan entered the league lol. I aint knockin Kobe on this one, he's actually really good IMO. But to be compared to Jordan, is jus stupid. THAT, is the result of marketing and media. The media ALWAYS needs someone to compare to Jordan, in their attempt to keep fans. No one is being compared to Kobe lol.

As for some of tha other posts on here. I doubt alot of those older....older teams could win many games in todays NBA. Yah, their teamwork was WAY better back then. But, like they say...u cant teach speed. Todays players are WAY too athletic. Can u imagine 30 yrs ago, having a 6'10"-7'0" leading the fast break lol. I dunno how many of u play ball, but whoever made the comment about the "middle aged white guys" winning in a street ball game (sorry if i misquoted some shit), i wanna know where yall live? lol. Cus if yall ever get into sum real shit, yall would know jus how good sum streetballerz are. Ive known and played wit ballers that could be in the NBA tomorrow, if they decided. One muhafucka we used tah ball wit got calls frum tha Lakers even, cuz he dropped 48 points on Kidd in a game down here. Stu Lances son used tah ball at our rec too, he tried out for tha lakers as well. And on top of it, NBA players used to come down to tha courts and play in bullshit leagues ova tha summer...and get killed.

Anywayz, Kobe is far from the greatest ever. Maybe one day he will be...but like i said, Griffey was in the same position...and shit happens. And, teams from 30 yrs ago wouldnt stand a chance in todays game. Shit, i could prolly be in the NBA if i went back in time 30 yrs, and i aint played fah real in like 2 yrs LOL!

i play ball everynite down at tha YMCA here...there is a few older guys(around age 30-35) who can play alright...the dont really do much they just get some rebounds and set a hell of a lot of picks...i play all tha time, and i am real good too...ask tom if yall dont beileve me.
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

S.G.V.

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2003, 11:32:41 AM »
high flyin players is what u mean NIK?...member the duel between Nique and Jordan?...cmon that was the best Slam Dunk contest ever...Spud Webb was a high flyer...think about it...the cat was 5'7"...n he was dunkin...Drexler flew...those 4 alone were more explosive than anyone now...cuz they were the first to really play like that....nobody else played like that before them...Kobe & Carter are high flyers...but nothin like the old school players...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2003, 05:23:03 PM »

jordan won 6 rings without a great center...without shaq, kobe wouldnt have won shit....jordan is tha greatest...i saw him play live once vs. philly...stack was still on philly then....how many other teams in tha last say 15 years won rings without a dominating center...shaq is tha reason that kobe has tha rings...ya know what kobe would be without shaq....out of tha playoffs.

Pippen...Rodman...Plus the Bulls had way better roll players than the Lakers...Tom got sonned  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2003, 05:25:10 PM »
u guys give shaq too much credit.  its Phil Jackson that helped the Bulls, its Phil Jackson that helped the Lakers.  Kobe and Shaq got humiliated in the playoffs without Phil. The Bulls couldnt get over that hump without Phil and it was when the Bulls got Scottie, and a better supporting cast for JOrdan.  Shaq this, Shaq that God dammit, its not SHaq.  

Great post...Props...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2003, 05:28:51 PM »

As for some of tha other posts on here. I doubt alot of those older....older teams could win many games in todays NBA. Yah, their teamwork was WAY better back then. But, like they say...u cant teach speed. Todays players are WAY too athletic. Can u imagine 30 yrs ago, having a 6'10"-7'0" leading the fast break lol. I dunno how many of u play ball, but whoever made the comment about the "middle aged white guys" winning in a street ball game (sorry if i misquoted some shit), i wanna know where yall live? lol. Cus if yall ever get into sum real shit, yall would know jus how good sum streetballerz are. Ive known and played wit ballers that could be in the NBA tomorrow, if they decided. One muhafucka we used tah ball wit got calls frum tha Lakers even, cuz he dropped 48 points on Kidd in a game down here. Stu Lances son used tah ball at our rec too, he tried out for tha lakers as well. And on top of it, NBA players used to come down to tha courts and play in bullshit leagues ova tha summer...and get killed.

Exactly

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2003, 05:31:13 PM »
high flyin players is what u mean NIK?...member the duel between Nique and Jordan?...cmon that was the best Slam Dunk contest ever...Spud Webb was a high flyer...think about it...the cat was 5'7"...n he was dunkin...Drexler flew...those 4 alone were more explosive than anyone now...cuz they were the first to really play like that....nobody else played like that before them...Kobe & Carter are high flyers...but nothin like the old school players...

LMAO...Are you serious dude? 'Nique and Jordan...That's about it...Today there are a whole grip of players who can dunk just as good as Jordan or Wilkins...Come on man...Think about what you say...PeACe

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2003, 06:20:05 PM »

jordan won 6 rings without a great center...without shaq, kobe wouldnt have won shit....jordan is tha greatest...i saw him play live once vs. philly...stack was still on philly then....how many other teams in tha last say 15 years won rings without a dominating center...shaq is tha reason that kobe has tha rings...ya know what kobe would be without shaq....out of tha playoffs.

Pippen...Rodman...Plus the Bulls had way better roll players than the Lakers...Tom got sonned  ::)
lol,  yea i really got sonned here nik

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2003, 08:09:09 PM »

LMAO...Are you serious dude? 'Nique and Jordan...That's about it...Today there are a whole grip of players who can dunk just as good as Jordan or Wilkins...Come on man...Think about what you say...PeACe
cmon...are u serious?...who did that shit before Dominique or Jordan?...nobody they innovated the whole thing...sure people dunk like that now on a regular...but they were the creators...and they did it better than anyone...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2003, 09:04:49 PM »
yall talkin about great inovative dunkers,  wtf about DR.J

S.G.V.

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2003, 09:31:07 PM »
yall talkin about great inovative dunkers,  wtf about DR.J
oh shit how did i leave him out?..fuck...good point Tom...

Dr. J
Jordan
Wilkins...

nobody now is better than them

*clicks props button*

A.P 18:3 MAKAVELI

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2003, 09:04:31 AM »
KOBE IS GOOD PEOPLE SAY HE MIGHT BE THE NEXT MICHAEL JORDAN, BUT HE AINT THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE NBA THERE ARE OTHERS TO

PEACE OUT HOMIE

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2003, 05:46:51 PM »
the day kobe scores 100 points in a game is the day i will call him the best ever in the l.

kick ass album

Sccit

Re: Kobe is the greatest player to ever play in the NBA...
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 12:44:54 AM »
MAMBA OUT

Sccit