Author Topic: DJ Quik's Relationship with Playa Hamm/Hi-C/D (of 2nd II None)  (Read 2366 times)

MOBNigga06

DJ Quik's Relationship with Playa Hamm/Hi-C/D (of 2nd II None)
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
When was the last time Quik was cool with Playa Hamm, Hi-C, and D from 2nd II None?

Anybody know what led to their beefing?

I saw an interview with Hamm recently where he said something like "there's no relationship between me and Quik anymore."

What kinda shit makes these old crew members mad at each other for life?

I know Quik is mad at AMG over the leak of Midnight Life. It's good he still fucks with Suga Free and KK. But what about the rest of the Skanless crew?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

gio™fugahoo

Re: DJ Quik's Relationship with Playa Hamm/Hi-C/D (of 2nd II None)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
MONEY!!!!!!!!

papa-smurf

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
Man suga free is all quik need.well quik dont need suga free but suga free is the only one of quik artist thats worth working with.them other artist isnt worth quik time.so as long as quik is working with suga free.them other artist dont matter.playa ham & them is garbage.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
Man suga free is all quik need.well quik dont need suga free but suga free is the only one of quik artist thats worth working with.them other artist isnt worth quik time.so as long as quik is working with suga free.them other artist dont matter.playa ham & them is garbage.

I agree, to some extent: Playa Hamm and D are the worst rappers in the Skanless Crew. Hi-C has dope energy, but he's not as good as KK and Suga Free.

AMG, however, is easily as good as any of the other rappers in the crew. He always brought fly, witty lyrics packed with game. It's a shame he and Quik constantly butt heads. 

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »
Mausberg was better than all of em

HardWorker

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »
HiC is dope. Playa Hamm too

Mr. Theo

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
He is on good terms with Hi-C and Gangsta D.

But only in shows and events they are too. (Hi and D).

KK and Suga Free, has another relationship with him, always at his concerts, touring, in the studio hangin out'.

Say he has both phone numbers in the redial.

Now.. Quik is no relationship with Amg no More,
But I heard a rumor that they're talking again, because of KK.

While Playa Hamm, I didn't know he no longer speaks with Quik.

I'll try to find something.

Quik already said, the one that never disappointed he was KK.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Mr. Theo

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 06:43:48 AM »

I agree, to some extent: Playa Hamm and D are the worst rappers in the Skanless Crew. Hi-C has dope energy, but he's not as good as KK and Suga Free.

AMG, however, is easily as good as any of the other rappers in the crew. He always brought fly, witty lyrics packed with game. It's a shame he and Quik constantly butt heads. 
I Don't agree, Playa HAMM style is so ruthless, dude is underrated, and D .. OHHH . this nigga invented the hook along with Kokane, this guy singin the hook 'is the shittttttt!

Amg is good, Suga Free is excellent and K.K is the smoothest, the best of all.

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
Quik is moody, maybe Bipolar. Idk but i think he must be resenting a lot of shit they did to him or whatever, cause they're always on and off, and Quik always talks smack about them, or gives them backhanded compliments. either way it all boils down to ego issues imo. as long as they come occasionally together to make some good music, i don't mind. Classic 220 is one of my favorite Quik produced albums, I rate it over most Quik albums.

Smiley62

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
I would like to see all of these guys work together again..
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
i honestly dont care bout hi c and playa hamm they had their time n all. only that really matters is suga free imo. quik and suga free were perfect together musically.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
In August, Big Rob (a.k.a DJ Quik's bodyguard) said Quik hit the studio w / 2nd II None, Suge Free, Hi-C and AMG.

Let's wait for more news.

AHHHH..2nd II None also hit the studio with Sir Jinx recently.

and Quik is in studio with Treach (from Naughty By Nature) working on Treach's mixtape. Drops DECEMBER 2nd .

the guys are working.!!!!!  ;D

MOBNigga06

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »
In August, Big Rob (a.k.a DJ Quik's bodyguard) said Quik hit the studio w / 2nd II None, Suge Free, Hi-C and AMG.

Dope shit! I'd love to hear what they'd all sound like together now. I thought it was great hearing a decent chunk of the old Skanless crew on the ALWAYZ SOMETHING song from that french album (2nd II None, AMG, Playa Hamm over a real G-funk inspired beat).

Interesting how Playa Hamm and Quik are really over with. Anybody know the deal? Somebody suggested money above, but there must be more to it than that. Quik got loads of money.  He mentions in a lot of his songs how ungrateful friends are pissed at him because of shit like helping them buy cars/houses/equipment that they later lose and blame Quik (i.e., on Ghetto Rendezvous). Hamm in this category?

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
I don't know the reason why the fight between Quik and Hamm.
But I think this time, if there was even a fight, Quik is wrong.

When the Quik's mother left the house, and her sisters did not pay taxes, he had to leave, and almost became homeless.
Playa Hamm let him live in his house until he can raise money to support himself.
Hamm helped him a lot in the past.

In overall, I think Quik is not bipolar, I think he just wants to help, the more times people take advantage of it.

AMG = It took the credits for 'Bitch Betta Have My Money' but who produced the hit was Quik. (Quik diss him)
after he leaked the Midnight Life,(Quik diss him again).

Suga Free = sold a Quik beat to 4-Tay and then added that he himself produced.(Quik diss him)

Gangsta D = declined to sign with Death Row, Quik was loyal and did not sign alone.
After Quik brought them to Arista, and D disses arista, Quik had to leave Arista soon after.

they only committed mistakes  ???

MOBNigga06

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
I don't know the reason why the fight between Quik and Hamm.
But I think this time, if there was even a fight, Quik is wrong.

When the Quik's mother left the house, and her sisters did not pay taxes, he had to leave, and almost became homeless.
Playa Hamm let him live in his house until he can raise money to support himself.
Hamm helped him a lot in the past.

In overall, I think Quik is not bipolar, I think he just wants to help, the more times people take advantage of it.

AMG = It took the credits for 'Bitch Betta Have My Money' but who produced the hit was Quik. (Quik diss him)
after he leaked the Midnight Life,(Quik diss him again).

Suga Free = sold a Quik beat to 4-Tay and then added that he himself produced.(Quik diss him)

Gangsta D = declined to sign with Death Row, Quik was loyal and did not sign alone.
After Quik brought them to Arista, and D disses arista, Quik had to leave Arista soon after.

they only committed mistakes  ???

Interesting info. That's some nutty shit how these dudes sell Quik's beats. On the song "The Truth Is," Quik talks about people putting their names on his shit. Messed up.

I don't think Quik is bipolar or mentally ill in any way. I understand his psychology:

Quik is one of the greatest of all time. He is a genius. And he knows it. He expects people to treat him like the boss that he is. He's also almost singlehandedly responsible for the careers of every one of these rappers - few people would even know of them today if they hadn't come into Quik's orbit. Quik probably feels like they all should be indebted to him, and sometimes they don't act that way, and that's when the beefing starts.

I think Quik's behavior is completely understandable. I go through shit like that all the time, cuz like Quik, I'm a philanthropist, and it's irritating as hell when people who should be indebted to you for life are ungrateful to you.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.