Author Topic: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype  (Read 4529 times)

Sccit

Re: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
iPod sub/base station. If it was a better album the CD would've been ordered right after I heard the leak

Will that is very unfortunate, my condolences.  I've heard those Ispeakers, like Altec Lansing and Logitech and they just don't do rap or electronic music justice.  You need real speakers that can output bass to truly enjoy this album. 
Technically speaking, its amazing.  It's mastered well and if you have the right shit, Xs voice willl even grumble through the low-end.  Production and mixing/mastering are probably a 9/10 for me, maybe even 9.5.  Haven't "heard" an album like this in awhile.   I've mixed rap before and this would be something to look up to as a great example or goal. 

on point

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
but a lot of it Xzibit sounds uninspired

this is just wrong...xzibit, on this album, is spitting with more passion and meaning than i've heard him spit with in quite a while. i suggest you do as walter suggested and slap this album in an actual system.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
Another thread about Kendrick's album? Come on, man. Xzibit is in my Top 5 and the new album was dope, but "GKMC" is better.

this piece is actually about xzibit's album, and how a lot of the west has overlooked it through the kendrick hype. if u think kendrick's album is better, cool. i personally dont.

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Another thread about Kendrick's album? Come on, man. Xzibit is in my Top 5 and the new album was dope, but "GKMC" is better.

this piece is actually about xzibit's album, and how a lot of the west has overlooked it through the kendrick hype. if u think kendrick's album is better, cool. i personally dont.

Bumped GKMC today, it's actually quite boring IMO on consecutive listens. Still beats Xzibit but not by much.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »
some songs just sound uninspired and the beat is monotonous, even though it is really crisp.

that's "westcoast" sounding Beats for u.

On the real tho if West Coast beats are meant to be no more than this (standardised), and West Coast MC's are 'meant' to be non-lyrical and 'stick to a script' then wtf is the Coast's musical output worth these days?

And that question ain't for you, I'm just pickin up on what ppl be sayin of late

if u liked the beats on kendrick's album better, then u simply dont prefer west coast sound any longer. i dunno how peeps here can call the album "uninspired", u can tell that xzibit poured his heart and soul into this one and truly wanted to come with a strong effort. maybe were not hearing the same album? or maybe ur just bumpin it in ur computer speakers and not doing the album any justice...nobody is meant to "stick to a script". but if xzibit made an album over trance beats, i'd be pretty pissed. some would say he's "breaking borders" and what not, but i dont want dwight howard shooting threes. stick to what u best at, and xzibit did just that.

b.laden

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
i like xzibit but kendrick album is more original ,specially the production ..

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
i like xzibit but kendrick album is more original, specially the production ..

BIGWORM

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
This is his best album since "At the speed of life" I've had this cd in my car deck for the past week alternating between it and a Motown greatest hits disc and I'm still not sick of it. It's a complete album not the 12 track bullshit artists are making now a day's. I skip pretty much 1 or 2 tracks on it. So I give it a 8 out of 10. A lot of you guy's that don't like it are probably skipping through it and actually not listening to the album. Xzbit is rapping his ass off spitting out his heart and heat on this.

I'm happy that a lot of you dudes like the Kendrick album and are enjoying it so much. For me I don't like nor am I feeling his album. It puts me to sleep way to boring. Yes kendrick has skills but god damn THIS ALBUM SIMPLY DOESNT KNOCK AT ALL... lol

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
must not be xzibit fans...this is his best work since "weapons of mass destruction''
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

original conceptually, but as far as production, a good portion of it is very young moneyesque and sounds current with the music of the times. the more interesting stuff is outkastesque. wouldnt call it "more original"...i'd say "1983" is more original than anything on "good kid m.A.A.d city". u got a west coast banger slappin that hard, then outa nowhere, u get a deep track with only strings+no drums to take u back 2 reality. a few tracks later, u got x goin hard on an authentic soundin rock track. original. i know what u mean, a lot of it does have that classic xzibit sound, but thats part of what makes it so great. its a signature sound of his own, nobody else.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:30 AM »

original conceptually, but as far as production, a good portion of it is very young moneyesque and sounds current with the music of the times. the more interesting stuff is outkastesque. wouldnt call it "more original"...i'd say "1983" is more original than anything on "good kid m.A.A.d city". u got a west coast banger slappin that hard, then outa nowhere, u get a deep track with only strings+no drums to take u back 2 reality. a few tracks later, u got x goin hard on an authentic soundin rock track. original. i know what u mean, a lot of it does have that classic xzibit sound, but thats part of what makes it so great. its a signature sound of his own, nobody else.

Lol at K Dot sounding like a Young Money album, you tripping homie. Xzibits album was dope but he wasn't pushing any boundaries, it was standard west coast sounds.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 12:46:40 AM »

Lol at K Dot sounding like a Young Money album, you tripping homie. Xzibits album was dope but he wasn't pushing any boundaries, it was standard west coast sounds.

If u don't hear the Young Money influence on certain aspects of the sound, then we guna have 2 agree 2 disagree brodie

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:26 AM »

please enlighten me what new boundaries Kendrick;s album pushed cuz i didnt hear nothing new in his album

Will_B

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »

please enlighten me what new boundaries Kendrick;s album pushed cuz i didnt hear nothing new in his album

It's mainly about him takin a pen and a pad to the lab and doin a collab with a production team that were all on 'the same page' as him

It ain't some mythical shit, but's the process is a step in the right direction for making 'that type' of classic (but this isn't one)

GKMC is a 'damn good' album. But when mines arrives I probably wont bump it much on the real