Author Topic: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype  (Read 4530 times)

ICHI THE KILLER

Re: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 04:05:59 AM »
^^^^^^^^
so there is nothing new to it ;) it was done before  ;)

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:12 AM »
^^^^^^^^
so there is nothing new to it ;) it was done before  ;)

Yeah *but* the beats, lyrics and hooks sound 2012 ;)

In short, people are connecting with Kendrick and the album coz it's FRESH™*

*and in hip-hop thats all you can ask for broadly speaking, for the scene to be alive

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 05:37:23 AM »
I think what you have is Kendrick making a fresh hybrid hipster/west-coast rap album, basically something new.  But, the sound of it isn't really new or mind-boggling, I think people find the concept being refreshing and original.  The flow and sequencing (which Dre probably helped a lot) make it a cohesive album. 

X stuck to the classic west-coast formula and did what he is good at, in 2012.  That's probably why older heads (like me) appreciate this album.  Its nostalgic of the mighty powerhouse the West once was...

Once upon a time in the West you could say lol.

Kendrick is the next generation, next "new" sound.  These 2 albums are completely different. 

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
Napalm is clearly better than Good Kid, imo, but it's not all thaaat great to me.  It has too many tracks that I have to skip over, and a truly great album is one where I can just play it through and not have to press "skip" on my system, you feel me?  However, I'll focus on the positive, and X made some genuine, authentic Westcoast songs on here, so I'll give him props for having the courage to do that when for some reason a lot of other rappers are either scared to do it or just aren't interested in that sound (that's their prerogative, but I also pay those kinds of rappers no mind).

The tracks I like are Everything, Dos Equis, Something More, Gangsta Gangsta, Stand Tall, Spread it Out, Louis XIII, I Came to Kill -- eights songs, that's a lot of songs to like on a single album, these days...but the tracks I absolutely love are Gangsta Gangsta, Stand Tall and Spread it Out, pretty much in that order.

Kendrick's album -- I love maad city when the beat switches up with the MC Eiht part, and I like (don't love, just like) Money Trees.  The rest of the album is either "ok" or flat-out boring to me.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
LOL. This kid won't rest. What a fucking loser.

WestWestYA

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
kenDICKS album was just sounded like he wanted to be a wannabe of lupe fiasco style of rapping and story telling nothing original for a new comer. but xzibit's album reallly gave me hope that there are a very few west coast rappers out there who care about there true wc fans. with snoop and daz going hollow lately.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
Napalm is clearly better than Good Kid, imo, but it's not all thaaat great to me.  It has too many tracks that I have to skip over, and a truly great album is one where I can just play it through and not have to press "skip" on my system, you feel me?  However, I'll focus on the positive, and X made some genuine, authentic Westcoast songs on here, so I'll give him props for having the courage to do that when for some reason a lot of other rappers are either scared to do it or just aren't interested in that sound (that's their prerogative, but I also pay those kinds of rappers no mind).

The tracks I like are Everything, Dos Equis, Something More, Gangsta Gangsta, Stand Tall, Spread it Out, Louis XIII, I Came to Kill -- eights songs, that's a lot of songs to like on a single album, these days...but the tracks I absolutely love are Gangsta Gangsta, Stand Tall and Spread it Out, pretty much in that order.

Kendrick's album -- I love maad city when the beat switches up with the MC Eiht part, and I like (don't love, just like) Money Trees.  The rest of the album is either "ok" or flat-out boring to me.

you didnt feel "killers remorse", "movies", or "1983"?

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
LOL. This kid won't rest. What a fucking loser.

you really wont, huh?

give it a break

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Is that Eden's gay pen pal? Back up, herb.

You've spent three weeks having backhanded ass things to say about this album. Just stay man, nigga.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
Is that Eden's gay pen pal? Back up, herb.

You've spent three weeks having backhanded ass things to say about this album. Just stay man, nigga.

pretty sure i also said it was good and even called it a great conceptual album...but u stay lickin my nuts over opinions. all good, son. it's your forte.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
Tell me I'm lying that you don't have a vendetta against him.

The discussion thread of his album is filled with you trying your best to defend "authentic" played out West Coast sound. Then you went out of your way to make a thread about him after everyone praised the album just to bring it down. Now you're back crying here because X just picked 15 true West Coast sounding beats & did his thing & you're mad Kendrick is getting all the love.

So you want to talk about nut licking? Any average human being can see you've been deepthroating Kendrick for three weeks now. You can try to act all unbiased with your "Well, I said he's good...& conceputally...I guess...if that's all I can point out about him....it was a great idea..". So backhanded. You ain't fooling anyone, clown. Take that shit back to your lame recreation rap group. Nobody living in 2012 wants to hear it.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
lolwhat?

:'( :'( :'(

papa-smurf

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
under rated & overlooked

westside159

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
With all due respect , I didn't like Xzibits New album Napalm , wasn't feeling the beats mostly .

westside159

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:18 AM »
i loved restless sonically, don't get me wrong, i just never really bought into the gangsta persona that X adopted, and I always thought it was kinda forced and didn't go with X's character. therefore i rate his first two albums higher, and i think they're more authentic. but restless is one of these dope ass westcoast albums that flourished in the wake of Dre's 2001 (along with tha eastsidaz, doggy's angels, dillinger & young gotti, etc.)

You said everything I was thinking about Xzibits career