Author Topic: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype  (Read 4524 times)

Okka

Re: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 08:52:40 AM »
i loved restless sonically, don't get me wrong, i just never really bought into the gangsta persona that X adopted, and I always thought it was kinda forced and didn't go with X's character. therefore i rate his first two albums higher, and i think they're more authentic. but restless is one of these dope ass westcoast albums that flourished in the wake of Dre's 2001 (along with tha eastsidaz, doggy's angels, dillinger & young gotti, etc.)

He took shit a bit too far with the rags and everything, but he always had some gangsta lyrics in in his albums even before "Restless".

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
Its not a NIK topic till Cham comes in cryin n bitchin about somethin.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 03:22:18 AM »
 I actually agree with this thread alot now. Kendricks album has grown boring too me where as X's album just gets betetr. Xzibit is lyrical as fuck on napalm, more lyrical than Kendrick and the album has better beats. Kendrick good to listen too but its not really a good album for a party or in your car.
 The skits ruin kendricks album for me too.
 Just my opinion but i like X's album better now where at first i like kendrick better and was disappointed with X. Looking back i think i got caught up in the Dre/afthermath association and hype.
 Chino XL's album is WAY better than X and kendricks albums combined though! :P

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »

I'm not allowed to disagree? But you're European. Makes sense you fail with the idea of freedom of speech & thought.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
I actually agree with this thread alot now. Kendricks album has grown boring too me where as X's album just gets betetr. Xzibit is lyrical as fuck on napalm, more lyrical than Kendrick and the album has better beats. Kendrick good to listen too but its not really a good album for a party or in your car.
 The skits ruin kendricks album for me too.
 Just my opinion but i like X's album better now where at first i like kendrick better and was disappointed with X. Looking back i think i got caught up in the Dre/afthermath association and hype.
 Chino XL's album is WAY better than X and kendricks albums combined though! :P

i'm the nostradamus of this shit, cuzz.....haven't gotten around to chino's album yet, but i doubt it could be "WAY" better.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »
Violence Of Tha LAMBZ Will Shit On Both Of Those Albums Real Spit Straight Westcoast Shit

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
Violence Of Tha LAMBZ Will Shit On Both Of Those Albums Real Spit Straight Westcoast Shit

8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
 Hmm maybe not WAY better but it really is an incredible double album. Incredible lyrical ability and all different topics, not just punch lines. Great production, he just unique.
 X's album has a great combination too though, dark/aggressive tracks, party tracks, deep meaningful/more emotional tracks, like Chino's just Chino more lyrical and has taht old school style production with dj'ing and scratching and not so many features. Even though i like teh features on X's album^^;

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »

I'm not allowed to disagree? But you're European. Makes sense you fail with the idea of freedom of speech & thought.

You fail again. Im from Jersey bitch fuck you get Europe from? I just get a kick out of you actin like some rap aficionado when you were born in like 95.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »

You fail again. Im from Jersey bitch fuck you get Europe from? I just get a kick out of you actin like some rap aficionado when you were born in like 95.

"Just get a kick"? You wouldn't make reference to it if it didn't bother you. Clearly it angers you that you're pushing 30 & a 20 year old is giving it to you straight.

Anyway, lmao Jersey. Niggas broadcasting live from a shack near the remains of the shore.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »
I will find out today if Sccits post was on point.   I'm just now finally getting around to buying the Kendrick Lamar album today.  So far I've been 100% satisfied with the Xzibit album.  I don't think we could of asked much more from Xzibit at this point.  The album really deserves it's props and deserves to blow up and at least go gold.  Even though I doubt it will break 100,000-200,000.  Still Xzibit can probably turn a decent profit since it's sort of an independent release.  Maybe X was having some tax problems or something because he sounds like he got some of his hunger back for this one.  Standout cuts...

"State of Hip-Hop vs. Xzibit"
"Everything"
"Dos Equis"  (RBX sounds sick over this beat)
"Forever A G" 
"Stand Tall"
"Meaning of Life"
"Louis the 13"
"Killers Remorse"

XZIBIT IS BACK!!!!!!   Great comeback album, reminds me of Snoop dropping Top Dogg after he fell off, or Nas dropping Stillmatic after he comeback.  It certainly ranks up there with some of the top comeback albums.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:32 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
Turns out my homie Sccit was spot on.  I bought the Kendrick Lamar album and couldn't even make it through four songs.  Dre's already a legend so no disrespect to Dre but I can't believe he would put out some wannabe South wannabe Lil Wayne shit like this.   Dres always been a leader and not a follower, so why are they copying the Southern sound?

...so like Sccit says, if you want some real West Coast shit get Xzibits album instead.  Shyne was right, Kendricks album is a huge dissapointment.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »
Kendrick good to listen too but its not really a good album for a party or in your car.

So you just wanna listen to the beats?

eurowigger

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
Checked out a couple songs like 1983 and the Alkaholiks one on Youtube and they were boring as fuck. Maybe the rest of the album is better, dunno, lost interest already.

Kendrick's album has some really captivating songs.