Author Topic: Lil Kim Gets 4 1/2 Mics !!!!!!!  (Read 756 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Lil Kim Gets 4 1/2 Mics !!!!!!!
« on: February 22, 2003, 06:44:24 PM »
Lil Kim Gets 4 1/2 Mics

READ:

In the spirit of the gangland fable, where widows of murdered mafia kingpins go on the rampage, Lil Kim is standing on her own two stilettos. Wheil the late Frank White guided her 1996 debut, Hard Core, and P.Diddy sprinkled his commercial style all over The Notorious K.I.M., the Queen Bee's honey comes straight from the source ofn her third go round, La Bella Mafia.

Kim goes for hers on the microphone, delivering her most personal rhymes to date. On This Is Who I Am, "QB makes clear her purpose in hip-hop. She strongly spits, "**** what you about me/Fact is, I'm the legacy of B.I.G." Despite any criticisms directed at her in the past for continued refernce to the Big Poppa, Kim pays tribute to her mentor throughout the album. Against a hard-knock, dice-rolling beat on "Doing it Way Big," each chorus with "and the best rapper is still B.I.G."

She impressively quiets the pesky ghostwriting rumors that have followed her since her Junior M.A.F.I.A. days, with rhymes that could only come straight from her heart. On "Heavenly Father," Kim discloses the drama that broke up her Junior M.A.F.I.A camp: "Was it enough that I spent 20 percent of what I make?/Was it enough that I cut *****s half of what I bake?/Ain't enough that I almost lost all my bread, bailin' *****s out keeping a roof over our head.... Keep the fam together, God Knows I tried/ But **** ain't been the same since B.I. died."

Without the usual suspects (Jigga, Puff, Cease) to ride shotgun, Lil Kim enlists Styles, Twista and her own crew, The Advakids, to provide the testosterone and asphalt factors. But impressively, it's Kim who steals the show on the songs with features (with the exception of "Get in Touch With Us," on which the ghost and the queen go head-to-head on thugism).

as always, Lil Kim proves to be skilled in the art of flirtation. But rather thatn spilling her raunchiness over the tracks, she offers just the occasional licks to make you wonder if she's serious. Over Havoc's reworking of the Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere" backdrop she rhymes, "Teh Queen show love when I'm up in the club/I like to play with my coochie when I'm up in the tub/You a sensitive thug, lemme give you a hug/Y'all thirsty ass *****s take this bottle of bub'."

And if the bubbly is't to your taste she offers a tart lemon-lime alternative on the Mr.Cheeks assisted lead single "The Jump Off." Over Timbaland's cajun horns and claps she tests the radio censors' gag reflex. "Let me show you what I'am all about/How I make a Sprite can disappear in my mouth."

From Kanye West's rabid drum claps and chopped strings on "Came Back for You" to Swizz's hip-hop orchestra on "This Is Who I Am," the production is near flawless throughtout, even giving newcomers like J. Waxx Garfield achance to showcase their heat alongside the big dogs. And although just about every female MC in the game catches a bad one at the hands of La Bella, Kil Kim spends most of the time dealing with issues that affect her own life and career. Because at the end of the day, it's the Queen of hip-hop who really matters.

got that from another board
 ...sohh.com

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:Lil Kim Gets 4 1/2 Mics !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 06:56:40 PM »
She prolly Deep-Throated Benzino's shit 4 it......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 09:39:49 PM »

lol

KVB

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 02:05:29 AM »
Damn... :o must be a dope album then.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 07:39:11 AM »
Damn Benzino must have had a good night with her. ;D

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 07:49:37 AM »
i wanna hear this shit but when i downloaded it i only got the looped tracks.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

kµ®µpt

• 'G'
  • fµ©|{ &#8224;}{&#8364; wö®ŁĐ
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 07:56:06 AM »

I was going to said the

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 11:27:06 AM »
finally benzino can get sum pussy thats tgha only way he can

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 12:38:40 PM »
even if it is a good album......now way is it better than the chronic or 2001 cause they both got 4.5  ::) ::) .....i doubt it will even come close to these albums......if it does then wow :o

this just comes to show how fucked up that fuckin mag has gotten
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 12:39:18 PM by Ejrizo »

platinumk777

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 01:44:43 PM »
I'm sure that everyone who guest appeared on Ben's last album will get an extra mic or two... and need I remind you that she was on "Rock The Party" remix? A big fuck you to The Source who committed suicide as far as credibility is concerned.

EM28

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 03:00:11 PM »
prolly cuz she was on Benzino's album.....

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 04:09:44 PM »
lmao at peeps bad mouthin the album and aint even heard it...get eminems dick outta ya ass..the source was corrupt before the em beef...this album might be real good...ive heard some good cuts so far...

EM28

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2003, 02:49:13 PM »
lmao at peeps bad mouthin the album and aint even heard it...get eminems dick outta ya ass..the source was corrupt before the em beef...this album might be real good...ive heard some good cuts so far...

yeah i wanna hear the song she did wit 50 magic stick....

peace

Jome

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 07:29:18 PM »
I agree with SGV for once..
there's no reason to hate on a album you haven't heard, but I gotts admit that 4.5 mics for a Lil Kim album sounds fishy, especially when considering the tight bonds between Kim & Mr. Ray.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2003, 03:47:18 PM »
Has anybody heard the album yet?  Is it worth the 4 1/2 mics?