Author Topic: 95% of the beats made today SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 781 times)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: 95% of the beats made today SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
totally agree with thread starter. It looks like all these producers forgot about "bang ya head" factor. Besides lyrics rap music was all about fat beats - sampled, synthesized or however the fuck they wanted to do them they had to bang your head. Back in the days even chillout rap tracks made us rock our heads.

ok... here's something for all ya fat beats lovers....

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
To be fair, it seems like producers have exhausted everything you can do. There's really nothing new or innovative for the last 5-10 years.
false.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »
To be fair, it seems like producers have exhausted everything you can do. There's really nothing new or innovative for the last 5-10 years.
false.
Opinions can't be true or false.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:59 AM »
I disagree. For example listen to producers like Tommy Mas, Onra, Roc Marciano, Alchemist, the Purist, the Arcitype. There's enough talent

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
false.
Opinions can't be true or false.
there are way too many talented producers out there currently for your statement to be true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
There are some, no doubt. But compared to 10 years ago, there's not as many people that can put it down in the lab in my opinion.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »
Pharrell and Organized Noize still produce banging beats!

b.laden

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »
not agree ...i think nowaydays 95% rappers suck , not the producers ..
back in the day , just a george clinton sample could make a dope production
tupac, nas .. or anther great rapper could make a good song with  a simple beat or no beats at all
many hip hop classics have very simple beats (illmatic, 36 chambers, NWA and pac albums ..)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:16:04 AM by b.laden »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 07:58:23 AM »
tupac, nas .. or anther great rapper could make a good song with  a simple beat or no beats at all
many hip hop classics have very simple beats (illmatic, 36 chambers, NWA and pac albums ..)

less is more - have you ever heard that sentence?

Most of the music classics (not only rap but popular music in general) are simple as fuck but got the vibe, the tension... simply something that make you move your head/legs/body. Nowadays producers take complexity over substance... i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.

PS. Vinnie Paz - Cheesesteaks is the beat of the year imo. Simple but powerful. Great mood, great vibe... there are good beats in 2012... but not to many...

PS2. Nas, Wu Tang etc. would never achieve what they did without the beats they were rapping to. These simple, grimey beats made perfect mood to their lyrics... You can't get 100% power of the lyrics without the moody beat. It's like watching the movie with no soundtrack on it...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:09:54 AM by shoo »

b.laden

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:20 AM »
 i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.
Do u really know what a chord is ? most rap songs dont use  3 chords in its structure , one or 2 is the most frequent .. most rap songs are based on a catchy and repetitive melody so just 1 chord ...
and what you said about moody or beautiful beats is completly subjective, you dont even mention   harmony ...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:37:32 PM by b.laden »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
There are some, no doubt. But compared to 10 years ago, there's not as many people that can put it down in the lab in my opinion.
what are u listening to ?

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
 i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.
Do u really know what a chord is ? most rap songs dont use  3 chords in its structure , one or 2 is the most frequent .. most rap songs are based on a catchy and repetitive melody so just 1 chord ...
and what you said about moody or beautiful beats is completly subjective, you dont even mention   harmony ...

yep.. chord is a consonance of at least three notes but when you play these three notes together at the same time they won't make a melody (you'll need another chord to make a melody).

... anyway, i know you're trying to bring me down with terminology - typical move for people who don't get the point. i will try with simple words, without using 'chords' 'octaves' or 'notes'  so you can get the point this time:

simple melodies often make better songs...

got it, smartass?

and what you said about moody or beautiful beats is completly subjective, you dont even mention   harmony ...

the whole topic is about subjective thing
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:35:15 AM by shoo »

b.laden

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »

yep.. chord is a consonance of at least three notes but when you play these three notes together at the same time they won't make a melody (you'll need another chord to make a melody).

... anyway, i know you're trying to bring me down with terminology - typical move for people who don't get the point. i will try with simple words, without using 'chords' 'octaves' or 'notes'  so you can get the point this time:

simple melodies often make better songs...

got it, smartass?

the whole topic is about subjective thing
LOL ok homie ....its just a matter of opinion and no  facts !! so we  can say there still many talented producers out here..
BTW most melodies in rap is based on a 1 only chord or 2 , its called a scale...a scale is derived from a chord and you can have more than 3 notes and just 1 only chord . and  an octave is the same note at a higher or lower pitch or played in a different position on your guitar, keyboard, bass ...so next time you will listen to a rap song and notice 6 or 7 notes its probly only 3 or 4 different notes and just one chord ... ;D
and yeah more complex dont mean better ..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:13:45 AM by b.laden »

jeanmiche777

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »

Most of the music classics (not only rap but popular music in general) are simple as fuck but got the vibe, the tension... simply something that make you move your head/legs/body. Nowadays producers take complexity over substance... i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.

PS. Vinnie Paz - Cheesesteaks is the beat of the year imo. Simple but powerful. Great mood, great vibe... there are good beats in 2012... but not to many...

PS2. Nas, Wu Tang etc. would never achieve what they did without the beats they were rapping to. These simple, grimey beats made perfect mood to their lyrics... You can't get 100% power of the lyrics without the moody beat. It's like watching the movie with no soundtrack on it...

I completely disagree. Pete Rock produced T.R.O.Y. which is arguably one of the best hip hop instrumental ever. This beat is complex as fuck. It's really hard to blend together different samples to make it glue like that together and create a vibe, a sound.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »

I completely disagree. Pete Rock produced T.R.O.Y. which is arguably one of the best hip hop instrumental ever. This beat is complex as fuck. It's really hard to blend together different samples to make it glue like that together and create a vibe, a sound.

i don't want to sound offensive but is it really that hard to read and think? lol
seriously now... i never said simple beats are always better than complex ones. I just said most of the classics are simple and great at once. I also said that simple melodies often make better songs/beats. Often doesn't mean always.

Yes, you're right saying it's hard to make complex beat but at the end of the day it's not the difficulties what makes a song good or bad.

PS. i don't listen to rap music that much these days because i find it more boring than i ever did. I'm more trip-hop/abstract hip-hop head today and believe me or not but imo most of trip-hop producers are the ones who know how to deal with complexity without loosing the vibe.

PS2. I don;t find TROY complex at all - it's the same loop all over the song plus sax samples layered on it. this is very simple beat.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:20:48 AM by shoo »