Author Topic: 95% of the beats made today SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 782 times)

jeanmiche777

Re: 95% of the beats made today SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »
not agree ...i think nowaydays 95% rappers suck , not the producers ..
back in the day , just a george clinton sample could make a dope production
tupac, nas .. or anther great rapper could make a good song with  a simple beat or no beats at all
many hip hop classics have very simple beats (illmatic, 36 chambers, NWA and pac albums ..)

less is more - have you ever heard that sentence?

Most of the music classics (not only rap but popular music in general) are simple as fuck but got the vibe, the tension... simply something that make you move your head/legs/body. Nowadays producers take complexity over substance... i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.

PS. Vinnie Paz - Cheesesteaks is the beat of the year imo. Simple but powerful. Great mood, great vibe... there are good beats in 2012... but not to many...

PS2. Nas, Wu Tang etc. would never achieve what they did without the beats they were rapping to. These simple, grimey beats made perfect mood to their lyrics... You can't get 100% power of the lyrics without the moody beat. It's like watching the movie with no soundtrack on it...

I completely disagree. Pete Rock produced T.R.O.Y. which is arguably one of the best hip hop instrumental ever. This beat is complex as fuck. It's really hard to blend together different samples to make it glue like that together and create a vibe, a sound.

i don't want to sound offensive but is it really that hard to read and think? lol
seriously now... i never said simple beats are always better than complex ones. I just said most of the classics are simple and great at once. I also said that simple melodies often make better songs/beats. Often doesn't mean always.

Yes, you're right saying it's hard to make complex beat but at the end of the day it's not the difficulties what makes a song good or bad.

PS. i don't listen to rap music that much these days because i find it more boring than i ever did. I'm more trip-hop/abstract hip-hop head today and believe me or not but imo most of trip-hop producers are the ones who know how to deal with complexity without loosing the vibe.

PS2. I don;t find TROY complex at all - it's the same loop all over the song plus sax samples layered on it. this is very simple beat.

Let's just agree to disagree. I understand what you're trying to say. But imo, what make a great producer GREAT is that they make it sound simple. But if pay attention to the details and the different layers and how it is mixed together to create a vibe or a landscape, you can hear how it is really NOT simple. TO say that T.R.O.Y isn't comlpex and only the same loop all over the song just shows that you don't quite get it.

Desert Lord

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
i absolutley agree with ANgry! this time

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
yup...most producers dont put any soul into their music. shit definitely sux. and you're right about producers stealing from cats online. the homie purps produced a gang of shit for waka flaka, only for some other shithead named prince to steal credit. dude made the beat to one of waka's biggest songs ("homies"), and basically didn't see a dime from it LOL....shits sad. but u still got the dope shit droppin here and there. Xzibit's "Napalm" was full of slappers, front to back.

b.laden

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
not agree ...i think nowaydays 95% rappers suck , not the producers ..
back in the day , just a george clinton sample could make a dope production
tupac, nas .. or anther great rapper could make a good song with  a simple beat or no beats at all
many hip hop classics have very simple beats (illmatic, 36 chambers, NWA and pac albums ..)

less is more - have you ever heard that sentence?

Most of the music classics (not only rap but popular music in general) are simple as fuck but got the vibe, the tension... simply something that make you move your head/legs/body. Nowadays producers take complexity over substance... i mean three chords put well together can make a great song but they forgot about it... they try to prove they're better than others so hard..i guess that's what pushing them to make such beats - complex but without soul at all.

PS. Vinnie Paz - Cheesesteaks is the beat of the year imo. Simple but powerful. Great mood, great vibe... there are good beats in 2012... but not to many...

PS2. Nas, Wu Tang etc. would never achieve what they did without the beats they were rapping to. These simple, grimey beats made perfect mood to their lyrics... You can't get 100% power of the lyrics without the moody beat. It's like watching the movie with no soundtrack on it...

I completely disagree. Pete Rock produced T.R.O.Y. which is arguably one of the best hip hop instrumental ever. This beat is complex as fuck. It's really hard to blend together different samples to make it glue like that together and create a vibe, a sound.

i don't want to sound offensive but is it really that hard to read and think? lol
seriously now... i never said simple beats are always better than complex ones. I just said most of the classics are simple and great at once. I also said that simple melodies often make better songs/beats. Often doesn't mean always.

Yes, you're right saying it's hard to make complex beat but at the end of the day it's not the difficulties what makes a song good or bad.

PS. i don't listen to rap music that much these days because i find it more boring than i ever did. I'm more trip-hop/abstract hip-hop head today and believe me or not but imo most of trip-hop producers are the ones who know how to deal with complexity without loosing the vibe.

PS2. I don;t find TROY complex at all - it's the same loop all over the song plus sax samples layered on it. this is very simple beat.

and simple beats dont mean good beats ...  
great rappers like tupac, nas, king T, rakim .. can make a great song over a weak and simple beat
.. dont underestimate a more complicated beat because it can bring something new to the hip hop sound
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:01:27 PM by b.laden »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »
I think there's just an overall confusion in the industry. Rappers want to be able to wear so many hats and appeal to so many demographics but everyone is kind of dipping their feet in the same pool and that doesn't always work. It's not that these beats suck, it's that they are poorly utilized. The market has tons of beat-makers and not enough producers.