Author Topic: INFINITE....Is music considered haram in Islam?  (Read 1095 times)

Sccit

INFINITE....Is music considered haram in Islam?
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »
my Muslim homie recently went through some heavy shit, and it got him deeply into his religion, after years of neglecting his faith. he stopped smoking weed (after smoking every day since the age of 12), started going to mosque every day, and prays 5 times daily..doesnt even freestyle or make beats like he used to. he was tellin me about how his moms was sayin that music was a sin and considered "haram", because it can bring up negative thoughts in your mind and veer your focus. when he told me this, i felt like slappin the shit out of him (and his moms), but I just told him it's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard and laughed it off....now, my question to u is, have u ever heard of music being considered "haram" in islam? and if so, whats ur stance on this bullshit? peep what i found:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2280&s=869aa23f93454b24f337c20e9d2e5145

Hack Wilson - real

Re: INFINITE....Is music considered haram in Islam?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:43 PM »
yeah this is true, I remember when I met Napoleon from the Outlawz he said he doesn't listen to rap music anymore cuz of his faith

weird religion if u ask me

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:04:17 PM »
yeah this is true, I remember when I met Napoleon from the Outlawz he said he doesn't listen to rap music anymore cuz of his faith

yea, but it's not rap music in question here, it's ANY music in general

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
well i´m a muslim for a while so here´s the answer

music is not haram if the music is not harmful, we know that alcohol or drugs are forbidden in islam, if you here afroman all day singing about why he got hgih, its simple to know that this kind of music, or other music which talks about killing people, bi*ches, thuggin, smokin is not islam conform

the most people may know cat stevens, (very popular singer in the 70) has written songs like fahter and son or wild world, peace train

he converted to islam, he stopped playling music, because there are people in islam who think that EVERY kind of music is haram, but cat stevens, know yusuf islam, is playing again, toruring, and makin beutiful music,

however there is a nother discussion, for what kinds of istruments are allowed and which not, here a shor video from a well known islamic scholar
Hamza Yusuf - is Music Halal or Haram?

so yes, there are opinions who say music is vorbiddern, but there is the other opinion who says it depends,

most muslim i have known the last years, accept the opionen that music is ok when its "clean"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:01:34 PM by THETRUTHUG »

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:28:36 PM »
Regardless of religion, some people are just weak ass bitches.

I was deep into gangsta rap during my formative years. From about 11 to 21 it was about all I listened to on a daily basis. It had little to no effect on me. However, I know a lot of people who were the exact opposite.

I got a cousin of mine who was real cool growing up with similar interests like me and our group of friends and he because very religious and got deep into Christianity. Dude dropped all his friends, including me, stopped listening to anything except for Christian music, stays home all day on his days off and the only time he goes out is for church 3 times a week. His hobby listed on his Facebook page is "reading the Bible".

That's some weak bullshit. Believe in God, have faith in God, but don't let that shit consume you. There's more to this life than faith and its up to you to make this existence worth your while.

And that's all i gotta say about that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
damn your cousin a weirdo now?

i got a cousin whos getting more and more religious too and it's scaring me lol

YouKnowWhatItIzHomie

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
NIKCC, after having seen the video of sheikh Hamza Yusuf you can also watch those ones :

Khalid Yasin :

And check this article :

http://www.imranhosein.org/faq/59-general/224-is-music-allowed-in-islam.html

You better not ask Infinite about anything related to halal and haram in Islam because he is far from being an authority in this matter... (No disrespect)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »

yea, but it's not rap music in question here, it's ANY music in general

i shoulda restated

he doesnt listen to any music that was made electronically

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
You better not ask Infinite about anything related to halal and haram in Islam because he is far from being an authority in this matter... (No disrespect)

other things he's not an authority on:

hip hop
raising children
socializing with people on street corners

things he IS an authority on:

sleeping on dubcc members couches

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »

I was deep into gangsta rap during my formative years. From about 11 to 21 it was about all I listened to on a daily basis. It had little to no effect on me. However, I know a lot of people who were the exact opposite.

I got a cousin of mine who was real cool growing up with similar interests like me and our group of friends and he because very religious and got deep into Christianity. Dude dropped all his friends, including me, stopped listening to anything except for Christian music, stays home all day on his days off and the only time he goes out is for church 3 times a week. His hobby listed on his Facebook page is "reading the Bible".

That's some weak bullshit. Believe in God, have faith in God, but don't let that shit consume you. There's more to this life than faith and its up to you to make this existence worth your while.

but in all seriousness u never were about that life were u?  its 1 thing thing to live in a nice neighbohood with at the very least a halfway decent family and live in a fairly nice if not definitely good part of the County/City and listen and watch things and its another to be on the opposite side or deduct 1 of things I've mentioned.  

im aware that TOT isnt hardly the place for a real discussion but i'd like u to answer it seriously if u would.  i know youre not a big fan of organized religion but i'd like u to keep it real.  

becuz as alot of ppl know, its 1 thing 2 live that life and its another 2 "fantasize" about it.  its the same way i kinda felt about Romney.  its 1 thing to have a Business President and its another to actually have 1 in these times.  Romney would be EXCELLENT for the new Budget/Tax Reform of 2013 but he shoulda never actually been The POTUS becuz fantasy doesnt exactly match up toe to toe with Reality

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
my Muslim homie recently went through some heavy shit, and it got him deeply into his religion, after years of neglecting his faith. he stopped smoking weed (after smoking every day since the age of 12), started going to mosque every day, and prays 5 times daily..doesnt even freestyle or make beats like he used to. he was tellin me about how his moms was sayin that music was a sin and considered "haram", because it can bring up negative thoughts in your mind and veer your focus. when he told me this, i felt like slappin the shit out of him (and his moms), but I just told him it's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard and laughed it off....now, my question to u is, have u ever heard of music being considered "haram" in islam? and if so, whats ur stance on this bullshit? peep what i found:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2280&s=869aa23f93454b24f337c20e9d2e5145

Sup homie...

I would say general perception amongst Muslims who regularly attend the masjid on a daily basis is that it is haraam.  It's not a total consensus amongst the major scholars, yet people who regularly attend the masjid are are extra careful about anything and always error towards the side of wanting to define everything as haraam.  They make a lot of things "Haraam" that really shouldn't be.  

Because if you notice that verse from the Qu'ran simply says, "idle talk", it doesn't even say "idle singing".  Yet the scholars have of course gone on to interpret that as meaning "singing" when the Qu'ran does not say singing.  And then they try to use sayings attributed to the Prophet ("hadith") to back it up, but it's hard to verify if the Hadith's are really authentic (even though they claim to know which ones are) and it's hard to verify if the Hadith is applicable to each and every situation for all times or if it was just specific to that incident.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »

but in all seriousness u never were about that life were u?  its 1 thing thing to live in a nice neighbohood with at the very least a halfway decent family and live in a fairly nice if not definitely good part of the County/City and listen and watch things and its another to be on the opposite side or deduct 1 of things I've mentioned. 

Believe me, I know plenty of dudes who were in a better situation than I was growing up who were desperate and down to do anything to put on a different persona. Some well-to-do muthafuckas too. It had nothing to do with where they came from, but where they wanted to go.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »
tube got a naked peckerwood on his sig :-X

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Elior I'd watch out for your little homey there. Sounds like he's prime material for some terrorists to recruit and task with some dirty jihad shit.

Just saying, if he starts rolling up to your parents house to kick it with you and he's driving a white van or something, call the FBI.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
tube got a naked peckerwood on his sig :-X

must make you hot huh?