Author Topic: who the fuck is Norah Jones???  (Read 340 times)

Big BpG

who the fuck is Norah Jones???
« on: February 23, 2003, 08:26:42 PM »
best record
best new artists
best album...

I've heard only that one song from he album, nothing else... who the fizuuck is this bieatch

-Bluey

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

EM28

Re:who the fuck is Norah Jones???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 10:01:16 PM »
I know she won on all of her nominations....pissed me off......don't know who the fucc she is..... >:(

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 10:15:44 PM »
She's a singer/songwriter.  Has a very beautiful voice, she deserved to win every award she won tonight, she's talented.  

Hittman2001

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »
She's a singer/songwriter.  Has a very beautiful voice, she deserved to win every award she won tonight, she's talented.  

Big BpG

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 10:50:55 PM »
Honestly... she isn't that talented, she DOESN'T WRITE HER SONGS... that one dude with the curly hair does... she plays the piano and sings... and she has one hit song... does that make her grammy nominated super heroin? If anyone deserved album of the year, it was Bruce Springstein... his album was awesome... and Nelly didn't even deserve to be nominated... except the grammy's had to include a black guy... I dont know... it was norah norah norah... and I've only heard one song... if her album was soooo good, I would expect more than one song....

-Bluey

From '93 to '05

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 11:06:26 PM »
Sorry.....but she's nothin special to me.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Hittman2001

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 11:22:51 PM »
taken from www.grammy.com

Album Of The Year
(Award to the Artist(s) and to the Album Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s)/Mixer(s) & Mastering Engineer(s), if other than the artist.)

The album of the Year award has nothing to do with songwriting according the grammy's.  the song of the year goes to the songwriters

Big BpG

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 11:26:52 PM »
taken from www.grammy.com

Album Of The Year
(Award to the Artist(s) and to the Album Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s)/Mixer(s) & Mastering Engineer(s), if other than the artist.)

The album of the Year award has nothing to do with songwriting according the grammy's.  the song of the year goes to the songwriters

still, if the album is sooooo good, how come "i dont know why" is the only song that truly blew up

-Bluey

From '93 to '05

Hittman2001

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 11:35:16 PM »
the album is so good for the same reason steely dan won album of the year in 2001.  i dont remember hearing a single song from that album and the grammy voters decided it was the best album that year.  they are the so called experts and we have to live with their decisions.  i dont know why that is the only song that blew up.

Kaidy

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2003, 12:11:00 AM »
Norah Jones is nice, her album got props from practically everyone in the music press, I haven't read one bad review. She's Ravi Shankar's daughter btw, but I'm sure only Trauma will know who that is lol. But yea her album sold a whole bunch of copies and she's very popular on jazz stations etc. she's just not on MTV 24/7

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2003, 03:32:44 AM »
her producer stole the producer of the year prize from Dr. Dre  >:(

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2003, 03:37:11 AM »
Norah Jones is nice, her album got props from practically everyone in the music press, I haven't read one bad review. She's Ravi Shankar's daughter btw, but I'm sure only Trauma will know who that is lol. But yea her album sold a whole bunch of copies and she's very popular on jazz stations etc. she's just not on MTV 24/7

Well i think she is ok..like a couple tracks from her album...got it but wouldnt have bought it for myself...
...she has a nice voice but way too melancholy sometimes....more so than david grey can be...
...over here we call it "slit yer wrists music"   lol, but you nkow props to her for this is her first album..as far a awards....well they always rigged to an extent!

EM28

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2003, 07:48:13 AM »
I heard that one song and it was horrible....slow as fucc.....at least joseph hahn won for director for without me.....eminem got robbed again....just like steely dan took it from him in the past....i thought if he didn't win springsteen should have won....I also thought that the dixie chicks might have taken it.....

peace

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 08:53:34 AM »
Okay I think some of you should go out and pick up this album before you judge norah and this album before commenting on it.Being a music fan first n formost she defintely deserved album of the year award for the song writing and production on the album,the Grammys is a music award show not a Hip Hop award show or the source awards ,its judges things on musical talent, integrity,originality and the final product along with alot of other things ,this isnt the MTV awards or the American music awards where things are based on the most popular artists or people who sell the most records.The experts are the experts for a reason and nobody is perfect judges make mistakes as well but Ill say they were on point with this call.

EM28

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 10:29:23 AM »
Okay I think some of you should go out and pick up this album before you judge norah and this album before commenting on it.Being a music fan first n formost she defintely deserved album of the year award for the song writing and production on the album,the Grammys is a music award show not a Hip Hop award show or the source awards ,its judges things on musical talent, integrity,originality and the final product along with alot of other things ,this isnt the MTV awards or the American music awards where things are based on the most popular artists or people who sell the most records.The experts are the experts for a reason and nobody is perfect judges make mistakes as well but Ill say they were on point with this call.

I heard the hit song and it fuccin succs...

peace