Author Topic: Nov 13th Talk Tuesdays: Is Western society more materialistic than the East?  (Read 379 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Join me by calling in at 310-861-2335 8p Eastern for Talk Tuesdays with your host Abdul-Infinite.  Where we discuss the latest in the world of news, culture, politrix, and sports!

Today's Topics:

1.   Politrix:  Highschool bans national anthem.  Should public schools have the right to abandon such efforts to encourage "good citizenship"?

2.  News:  Texas and several other states are threatening to secede from the Union.   Let them go or force them to stay, Lincoln style?

3.  Culture:  Are Western societies more materialistic than the East? 

3.  Sports:  Another star quarterback went down on Monday Night.  How will injuries to star quarterbacks shape up the standings over the next few weeks?  Plus, Dantoni to the Lakers?

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
do you really have to ask us this? like eastern society is so different in this day in age, in this age of technology.

lol, east or and country for the matter of fact is very materialistic, if you own anything of value that is popular iphone, etc etc ur rich, high class, or some sort.

in the west yes we are, but we dont go to server limits like 2nd and 3rd world countries in the east, who trade their livers for an iPad.

the east is much more materialistic in the sense that theyll go above and beyond to get something of value.

us over here are to lazy and too comfortable to do anything crazy to get something.

and if your talking about 1st world countries in the east like japan and korea, than obviously their the same as the west.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
do you really have to ask us this? like eastern society is so different in this day in age, in this age of technology.

lol, east or and country for the matter of fact is very materialistic, if you own anything of value that is popular iphone, etc etc ur rich, high class, or some sort.

in the west yes we are, but we dont go to server limits like 2nd and 3rd world countries in the east, who trade their livers for an iPad.

the east is much more materialistic in the sense that theyll go above and beyond to get something of value.

us over here are to lazy and too comfortable to do anything crazy to get something.

and if your talking about 1st world countries in the east like japan and korea, than obviously their the same as the west.

good point.  You should've called the show and shared such views

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here's a link for all those who missed the show and still would like to listen..

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/un0mic/2012/11/14/talk-tuesdays-news-and-sports

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

good point.  You should've called the show and shared such views

good topic, when i say "do u really have to ask this" its just my douche bag way of saying "everyone should know already"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah man.. I mean back 2000 when I was first getting into my Islam phase I was definitely driven partly by the allusion that the East was lagging behind materialistically as a result of their altruistic God-consciousness and so on... after traveling I realized how idealistic Id been in my thinking and the consequences of such naivety.

jeromechickenbone

I was gonna call in but was busy doing blow with strippers. Next time.

O.G A.Geesta'z

I actually went to the strip club on Wednesday and didn't make out with a stripper this time thank god
The West is Back

Sikotic™

I actually went to the strip club on Wednesday and didn't make out with a stripper this time thank god
Allah is pleased.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Damn dogg if she isn't a dime, even if, that's still pretty nasty

O.G A.Geesta'z

Nah I only did it once when I was 20... never again though
The West is Back

The Overfiend

• 'G'

Haha. Mad dog.

J. B A N A N A S

The middle east is extremely materialistic. A buddy of mine got back from living in Doha for a year, where there is a major case of affluenza affecting most of the middle class. Men make a big deal out of the sort of watch you wear, more so then any other piece of jewelery, often spending thousands on one simply to keep pace with their peers. It's common to disclose and brag about the amount of money you make, and to buy a lot of gaudy shit for your wife.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The middle east is extremely materialistic. A buddy of mine got back from living in Doha for a year, where there is a major case of affluenza affecting most of the middle class. Men make a big deal out of the sort of watch you wear, more so then any other piece of jewelery, often spending thousands on one simply to keep pace with their peers. It's common to disclose and brag about the amount of money you make, and to buy a lot of gaudy shit for your wife.

Another good point.  But then why does Western society think that reason that the East is being held back economically is because of their "religious fanaticism"?

Sikotic™

Because religion is a la carte for most people of faith. They follow some aspects, but ignore others.

The funniest thing is when a rapper wins an award and thanks God when the music that person makes is about idolizing things, fornication and other sinful acts.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE