Author Topic: Slaughterhouse overexposes themselves and thus oversaturates their market...  (Read 976 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Slaughterhouse being on all these fuckin mixtapes and having their EP and dropping all these "freestyles" and solo and group albums and so on and so on is part of what is the problem with hiphop.

Atleast Dre understands that its quality over quantity.  Putting out a million subpar verses pales in comparison to dropping one classic song.   Id rather Slaughterhous figure out how to make a few classic cuts then every other day finding on a new track or mixtape
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

Mixtapes are a good way to give out free music to fans. Dre makes it seem like he doesn't give a fuck about his fans, which he obviously doesn't. There can obviously come a point where too much is too much, but I don't see that being a problem with Slaughterhouse. There styles are more fit for mixtape type shit anyways.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mixtapes are a good way to give out free music to fans. Dre makes it seem like he doesn't give a fuck about his fans, which he obviously doesn't. There can obviously come a point where too much is too much, but I don't see that being a problem with Slaughterhouse. There styles are more fit for mixtape type shit anyways.

I think it cheapens your work.  Like everybody is always fiending for a new Dre project.  In the good old days of Death Row, Suge and Dre used to always teach their artistts to never overexpose themselves, and it kept the demand high for their music.  And when it finally did drop that shit would hit you hard like Kush... but Snoop said once Puffy and them started having success being on any and everybodys albums that he started doing the same.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

EAZY-LI

I think it cheapens your work.  Like everybody is always fiending for a new Dre project.  In the good old days of Death Row, Suge and Dre used to always teach their artistts to never overexpose themselves, and it kept the demand high for their music.  And when it finally did drop that shit would hit you hard like Kush... but Snoop said once Puffy and them started having success being on any and everybodys albums that he started doing the same.

I agree it does cheapen thier work they should just make albums if gonna be free anyway just make original songs and sample some old music
they wont get sued if thier not making money anyway.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Hack Wilson - real

LMAO @ OVER EXPOSING

1-what mixtapes have they had new music on since the LP dropped in August?  please, tell me.  oh that's right, none...

2-Brian, you also think Jay Z has no classic songs, why should ANYONE take your opinion seriously?

ICHI THE KILLER

2-Brian, you also think Jay Z has no classic songs, why should ANYONE take your opinion seriously?

this  ;D ;D ;D

Sikotic™

I hate to say it, but for once I gotta go with Brian on this one.

Quality over quantity always pays off in the end. Don't put out more wack shit than good shit and people will check for you. I miss the old days of when you wouldn't heard from an artist for like 3 or 4 years until they were ready to drop a new album. The quality of music was much better.

But this isn't the case with Slumberhouse though. They don't even motivate me to steal their shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Will_B

LMAO @ OVER EXPOSING

1-what mixtapes have they had new music on since the LP dropped in August?  please, tell me.  oh that's right, none...

I agree but that shit u said bout Bukkakaries a while back has damaged yours 2

Blasphemy (A)

Quality over quantity always pays off in the end. Don't put out more wack shit than good shit and people will check for you. I miss the old days of when you wouldn't heard from an artist for like 3 or 4 years until they were ready to drop a new album. The quality of music was much better.

But this isn't the case with Slumberhouse though. They don't even motivate me to steal their shit.

lol yeah but Slaughter House over exposed? LOL All their fans made a big deal of them being in Eminems video in the background and if you ask most rap fans they'll just think they were extras.  :laugh:

Remedy360

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time. Did you actually put a mask on your dog?

Sikotic™

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time. Did you actually put a mask on your dog?
lol nah. I got that picture off the internet.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blasphemy (A)

lol nah. I got that picture off the internet.

I just thought of a real  fucked up Inappropriate comment aimed at you for some reason. I have no idea why, and I'm not gonna post it but fuck I just wondering why the fuck I would think of some fucked up shit like that.

Sikotic™

Do it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

O.G A.Geesta'z

Slaughter house buzz died a while back. I expected there second album to be trash. It just proves you can put 4 good emcees together but doesn't mean you will get a classic album
The West is Back

KURUPTION-81

over exposure is a mistake make but i don't think slaugherhouse were over exposed.

50 cent and g unit were and the same with ja rule.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson