Author Topic: Slaughterhouse overexposes themselves and thus oversaturates their market...  (Read 977 times)

Will_B

Depends on your outlook

If u trawl rap sites/blogs/forums every day u will see em everywhere

Turn on a radio/music tv and you'd never even know they exist

Sccit

Slaughterhouse is a generic industry made group. they'll never live up to potential.

midwestryder

Slaughterhouse is a generic industry made group. they'll never live up to potential.
that is bullshit ! s;aughterhouse is not generic industry made group at all. the geto boys were industry made group. slaughterhouse was never a industry made group ever ! they formed slaughterhouse because wanted to not because of record excutive or the industry.  there is nothing generic about slaughterhouse at all .

Jimmy H.

Geto Boys were created by their label, not neccesarily the industry.

As for Slaughterhouse, I don't feel overexposure is their problem. I think their last album was just lacking something. They're trying to put these songs together with individual verses for each one or splitting a verse into two half verses but I go through that whole album and the chemistry still isn't quite there. I mean, the one record I can point to as a group joint where the chemistry was on point was "Louis XIV" off Xzibit's last one. You had Xzibit, T, and the Liks switching off verses, bouncing back and forth, and everything felt sharp. I think Jadakiss and Styles P. have a similar chemistry when they do songs together. I'm not sure those rocked-out Skyler Grey tracks fit their style either. I know a lot of people hate Eminem doing them as well but I actually think his style works better with them as he's a versatile enough songwriter to carry them.

Sccit

that is bullshit ! s;aughterhouse is not generic industry made group at all. the geto boys were industry made group. slaughterhouse was never a industry made group ever ! they formed slaughterhouse because wanted to not because of record excutive or the industry.  there is nothing generic about slaughterhouse at all .

their music is too forced, u can tell theyre going for a certain sound that they feel would appeal to current times as opposed to just putting out the best music they possibly can. geto boys mighta been put together by a label, but their music came from the soul and they banged out classics because of that, they werent making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences because the label wanted it that way ala slaughterhouse.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
As solo artists, they're better than 99% of the game right now. Together, I can understand the "forced" sound. But "oversaturates the market"? Niggas dropped a mixtape & an album. Them dropping freestyles is something they've all been doing for their entire careers. Oversaturating the market is when you appear on everything on the radio with features & shit. Like Rick Ross is the perfect example. That's outrageous over-saturation. Personally, I feel like that's why Eminem, Jay-Z & Kanye have such longevity. Given they try to keep up with the times, they drop their solo music, maybe do a feature here & there as promotion & go ghost for a year or so. Then when they come back it has a fresh feel to it. Guys like Rick Ross & Meek Mill are just phases for the moment & they'll get old fast.

But for Slaughterhouse; not a highly, widely popular name, you need to do SOMETHING to create some sort of hype/attention. Hasn't that been the formula forever though now? Drop a mixtape, do some radio freestyles & drop an album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Okay... the day Slaughterhouse can make classic cuts like "My Minds Playin Tricks On Me" or "The World Is A Ghetto" then we can talk.   Because there is no way that you can listen to Geto Boys and deny their chemistry, as far as I know all the artists were from Texas, and unlike Slaughterhouse their work wasn't just a dope line here and there but that shit was powerful and moving.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

midwestryder

their music is too forced, u can tell theyre going for a certain sound that they feel would appeal to current times as opposed to just putting out the best music they possibly can. geto boys mighta been put together by a label, but their music came from the soul and they banged out classics because of that, they werent making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences because the label wanted it that way ala slaughterhouse.
slaughterhouse was not making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences in first place . so that is bullcrap . to you their music sounds forced but to me that is just them. also geto boys came up in era when no one was making music for mainb stream , they were just making music . if geto boys who are one of my favorite groups of all times were made & came out today would they not make music for mainstream pop audiences like the reest of the industry is the question?

Blasphemy (A)

Do it.

Trust me, you don't want to but It involves your Sig picture, and your dog dieing, and really fucked up details design to make you feel like shit.  :-X

Blasphemy (A)

slaughterhouse was not making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences in first place . so that is bullcrap . to you their music sounds forced but to me that is just them. also geto boys came up in era when no one was making music for mainb stream , they were just making music . if geto boys who are one of my favorite groups of all times were made & came out today would they not make music for mainstream pop audiences like the reest of the industry is the question?

I remember when Slaughter Houses single "The OnE"  came out everyone here complained about it being a poor ass attempt at being a radio single. So yeah they have forced that shit. Seriously Why do artist not make shit like "Lyrical Murderers" anymore and all this estrogen fueled faggy bullshit. Rap is suppose to destroy your sound system not be a check 1 - 2.

Sikotic™

When I hear someone call Slumberhouse a "super group" I laugh hysterically.

A supergroup has to be composed of artists that can hold their own. All 4 of these cats got talent but can't get a real buzz on their own. Shit, they got Em backin them now and it ain't doin that much. Plus, their singles are way too forced. They might as well drop a single begging for iTunes sales.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blasphemy (A)

When I hear someone call Slumberhouse a "super group" I laugh hysterically.

A supergroup has to be composed of artists that can hold their own. All 4 of these cats got talent but can't get a real buzz on their own. Shit, they got Em backin them now and it ain't doin that much. Plus, their singles are way too forced. They might as well drop a single begging for iTunes sales.

10 to 1 they drop before Crooked I releases an Album, also I love how they dropped 2 in such a short time compared him. 

Also their a super group lyrically. That's it. N.W.A was a super group, Wu-Tang was a super Group, Cypress Hill, I mean shit. Their isn't nothing original or super about them. Except the whole Slaughter House Pig concept, and the Lyricism, everything else is recycled horse shit that they've spewed out for years. Crooked I been spiting the same bullshit since his 19-St. Days. Even with Slim back them, they still aren't known outside the internet. Face it they fucked up any chance of success by not capitalizing on their original much more impacting buzz.  Especially Crooked I Him not releasing a Death Row Album at the time when he was essentially the only artist not a knock-off, and pretty much utilized as the main star was just piss poor management.

Will_B

Royce the only dude that deserves solo limelight - he don't need a group to get noticed

Joey needs to kill himself

Crook and 'the other one' are guest-verse rappers and should focus on dropping hot bars on other people's music

Sikotic™

I agree. Out of all of them I can probably see Royce being successful on his own.

lol @ the other one
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MistaNova

The whole concept of this group was kinda forced from the get-to. You had 4 rappers who failed to make a name for themselves in the mainstream that decided to band together and go about with this "we got fucked by the industry but look at our amazing lyricism" vibe. While that concept would make them appealing to most hip hop fans, they haven't really been able to deliver on it. Their ear for beats is beyond wack and there isn't really any chemistry between them (although I admit that the only SH stuff I've listened to so far was their debut album). However at this point 3 of the rappers in the group realise that Slaughterhouse is the closest thing they'll ever have to a successful career in the rap industry and have basically decided to go along with it. Resulting in more of the same from them on every song they release out of desperation to keep SH's name (or more importantly THEIR names) relevant.
And the Eminem co-sign wasn't going to do shit for their careers anyway and sinice Yelawolf disappeared off the face of the earth it looks like it never will do shit.
Anyway, they'll never be the "supergroup" or "the saviors of hip hop" that people expected/want them to be. I myself gave that title to J. Cole a long ass time ago ;)...