Author Topic: Slaughterhouse overexposes themselves and thus oversaturates their market...  (Read 1005 times)

Fraxxx

They really don't have a good ear for beats. The sad thing is, what I expected them to do, just rip up shit, the Horse Shoe Gang is doing three times better.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:49:20 AM by Fraxxx »
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Blasphemy (A)

They really don't have a good ear for beats.

AGREED JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SERIOUSLY How the FUCK are you going to think Half the shit they been on is acceptable? If they really were all about the lyricism they'd have production designed towards pushing the lyricism to the focal point. Seriously how can 4 motherfuckers have such shit taste.

midwestryder

Slaughterhouse is a generic industry made group. they'll never live up to potential.
that is bullshit ! s;aughterhouse is not generic industry made group at all. the geto boys were industry made group. slaughterhouse was never a industry made group ever ! they formed slaughterhouse because wanted to not because of record excutive or the industry.  there is nothing generic about slaughterhouse at all .

their music is too forced, u can tell theyre going for a certain sound that they feel would appeal to current times as opposed to just putting out the best music they possibly can. geto boys mighta been put together by a label, but their music came from the soul and they banged out classics because of that, they werent making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences because the label wanted it that way ala slaughterhouse.
slaughterhouse was not making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences in first place . so that is bullcrap . to you their music sounds forced but to me that is just them. also geto boys came up in era when no one was making music for mainb stream , they were just making music . if geto boys who are one of my favorite groups of all times were made & came out today would they not make music for mainstream pop audiences like the reest of the industry is the question?

I remember when Slaughter Houses single "The OnE"  came out everyone here complained about it being a poor ass attempt at being a radio single. So yeah they have forced that shit. Seriously Why do artist not make shit like "Lyrical Murderers" anymore and all this estrogen fueled faggy bullshit. Rap is suppose to destroy your sound system not be a check 1 - 2.
the song one did not sound forced & was not attempt at being a radio single at all . when i was growing up in the early 80's rap never destoried your sound system ever it was about check 1 - 2. rap was about lyrics first not the beats . oriiginally beats were not that important in beging.

doggfather

However at this point 3 of the rappers in the group realise that Slaughterhouse is the closest thing they'll ever have to a successful career in the rap industry and have basically decided to go along with it.

which one is the 4th?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blasphemy (A)

Slaughterhouse is a generic industry made group. they'll never live up to potential.
that is bullshit ! s;aughterhouse is not generic industry made group at all. the geto boys were industry made group. slaughterhouse was never a industry made group ever ! they formed slaughterhouse because wanted to not because of record excutive or the industry.  there is nothing generic about slaughterhouse at all .

their music is too forced, u can tell theyre going for a certain sound that they feel would appeal to current times as opposed to just putting out the best music they possibly can. geto boys mighta been put together by a label, but their music came from the soul and they banged out classics because of that, they werent making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences because the label wanted it that way ala slaughterhouse.
slaughterhouse was not making music to appeal to mainstream pop audiences in first place . so that is bullcrap . to you their music sounds forced but to me that is just them. also geto boys came up in era when no one was making music for mainb stream , they were just making music . if geto boys who are one of my favorite groups of all times were made & came out today would they not make music for mainstream pop audiences like the reest of the industry is the question?

I remember when Slaughter Houses single "The OnE"  came out everyone here complained about it being a poor ass attempt at being a radio single. So yeah they have forced that shit. Seriously Why do artist not make shit like "Lyrical Murderers" anymore and all this estrogen fueled faggy bullshit. Rap is suppose to destroy your sound system not be a check 1 - 2.
the song one did not sound forced & was not attempt at being a radio single at all . when i was growing up in the early 80's rap never destoried your sound system ever it was about check 1 - 2. rap was about lyrics first not the beats . oriiginally beats were not that important in beging.

Yeah it was made for Radio why? Because they made, released and pushed it as the main single on the Radio/for the album and even gave it music video treatment. and yeah Rap was made to bust your system. 80s beats sounds more hard hitting then half of the soft shit being released today. If I wanted to hear soft music I'll listen to RnB.

^This gets more Rotation then The One.  infact if they made least 1 album with consistent production like this They'd probably have a better career. All I ever hear from rap fans is how the new stuff is crap it's shit the older stuff is better, you got tons of movies and books, artist, talking about the older albums and the higher standard they had. So tell me why in 2012 when the Industry is at it's most exposed to the mainstream are motherfuckers not gonna capitalize and drop albums of the same quality?  

I Bought the First Slaughter House album I ripped off this second one because I figure the production (In this day and age) would be crap and guess what I was right. Moment I got done listening to it I just deleted it. 

I mean jesus Eminem said it best "what is this bitch retarded give me back my 16 Dollars"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:53:57 PM by Blasphemy (A) »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I agree. Out of all of them I can probably see Royce being successful on his own.

lol @ the other one

But in spite of having the red carpet laid out for him, Royce is more than 10 years deep in the game and still has never had solo success.  He's never had a solo album sell anywhere near gold, in fact I bet he usually falls under 100,000.   Also, he's never even made an underground classic solo album.   It's one thing not to get commercial success, but he never even put out an album that had any buzz even amongst hip-hop headz.  Like Rass Kass may have never gone gold but people still talk about Soul On Ice to this day.  Same with many rappers that have classic albums that didn't go gold.

All this after getting having the best possible connection one could ask for entering into the industry (Eminem), being the only artist other than Dre featured on Em's debut album, working side by side with Em and Dre on the Chronic 2, nearly being signed to Aftermath, having a classic unreleased bootleg album in 2000.... yet never finding success as a solo artist.

...and lol @ the nickname Slumberhouse, btw
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

I agree. Out of all of them I can probably see Royce being successful on his own.

lol @ the other one

But in spite of having the red carpet laid out for him, Royce is more than 10 years deep in the game and still has never had solo success.  He's never had a solo album sell anywhere near gold, in fact I bet he usually falls under 100,000.   Also, he's never even made an underground classic solo album.   It's one thing not to get commercial success, but he never even put out an album that had any buzz even amongst hip-hop headz.  Like Rass Kass may have never gone gold but people still talk about Soul On Ice to this day.  Same with many rappers that have classic albums that didn't go gold.

All this after getting having the best possible connection one could ask for entering into the industry (Eminem), being the only artist other than Dre featured on Em's debut album, working side by side with Em and Dre on the Chronic 2, nearly being signed to Aftermath, having a classic unreleased bootleg album in 2000.... yet never finding success as a solo artist.

...and lol @ the nickname Slumberhouse, btw

it's probably his attitude. he really was in a perfect situation around '98-'99

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
As solo artists, they're better than 99% of the game right now. Together, I can understand the "forced" sound. But "oversaturates the market"? Niggas dropped a mixtape & an album. Them dropping freestyles is something they've all been doing for their entire careers. Oversaturating the market is when you appear on everything on the radio with features & shit. Like Rick Ross is the perfect example. That's outrageous over-saturation. Personally, I feel like that's why Eminem, Jay-Z & Kanye have such longevity. Given they try to keep up with the times, they drop their solo music, maybe do a feature here & there as promotion & go ghost for a year or so. Then when they come back it has a fresh feel to it. Guys like Rick Ross & Meek Mill are just phases for the moment & they'll get old fast.

But for Slaughterhouse; not a highly, widely popular name, you need to do SOMETHING to create some sort of hype/attention. Hasn't that been the formula forever though now? Drop a mixtape, do some radio freestyles & drop an album.

Rick Ross? Bad example. I guess you picked him just cuz he's somewhat popular now.

A good example of oversaturation is what Wayne did around Carter 3 era, even though it worked for him. Dude was literally on every single song out there and people just got tired of him but ironically that is what some loved about him.

As far as Slaughterhouse you already knew they weren't gonna deliver what internet geeks demanded. This whole internet thing has made alot of hip-hop geeks rewrite history and definitions. A classic is an album that has somewhat of an impact, has replay value and overall is dope.

Now all 4 are dope MC's but how can they make an album that has an impact when the minute they try to make an actual song every super underground geek hates on it cuz it's isn't just a song with them sptting 1000 bars? Same thing applies to replay value. Music is music at the end of the day. Dropping hot bars is cool but that isn't enjoyable to listen to after a while.

I've said it before and i'll say it again one big reason why hip-hop is the way it is is because of stupid as fans (both mainstream fans and underground fans). The whole internet has brought the dumbest people out who just love to rewrite shit and think that their opinion is law.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:20:25 PM by PhunkyDoob »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Rick Ross is on every song on the radio lol. Whether it's French Montana's, Lil' Wayne's, Drake's, DJ Khaled, MMG collab. Son finds a way to grunt on just about every popular mainstream song.

Remedy360

When I hear someone call Slumberhouse a "super group" I laugh hysterically.

A supergroup has to be composed of artists that can hold their own. All 4 of these cats got talent but can't get a real buzz on their own. Shit, they got Em backin them now and it ain't doin that much. Plus, their singles are way too forced. They might as well drop a single begging for iTunes sales.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that the term "super group" can only apply to popularity. Obviously none of these dudes are that big, but it's safe to say that they all have a pretty dedicated underground fanbase. I just don't think not being able to get mainstream "buzz" should define who you are as a group. With that said though, the group itself has been a pretty big disappointment in terms of execution and the shit you mentioned
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:33:00 PM by Remedy360 »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
Rick Ross is on every song on the radio lol. Whether it's French Montana's, Lil' Wayne's, Drake's, DJ Khaled, MMG collab. Son finds a way to grunt on just about every popular mainstream song.

See i don't really think you understand what that term means.

I'm not a fan of Ross so it's not that i'm tryna defend him or anything. Again, oversaturation is when you clutter the game with your music/appearance. Some of those songs
probably gets played cuz of Ross level of popularity at the moment, but it's still not oversaturation.

Like i said during the Carter 3 era Lil' Wayne had more than 5 mixtapes out, had over 100 guest appearances,
appeared on every tv show either for an interview or a live performance, performed on every award show etc etc, everything basically became about Wayne or whatever he was doing. It was like even if you were a fan you got tired of seeing/hearing him. That's oversaturing the game.

Ross has what? Another solo and a MMG album since 2010? And then 2 mixtapes since that year. That's not alot. He has a few guest appearance but obviously not nearly as much as Wayne had. And also if we gonna keep it real most of those features are with artists on his label. French is on MMG, Meek on MMG, Khaled and Ross are business partners and Ross was introduced with the help of Khaled and obviously MMG is his own label. See the difference?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:45:11 AM by PhunkyDoob »

Will_B

Ross repeats his rhymes like a mo fo but he's one of the hottest right now. Always in demand u can't hate on that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm clearly being trolled. Y'all whylin'.

Sccit

I'm clearly being trolled. Y'all whylin'.

phunkydoob makes a great point...if this is ur best argument, then ur clearly out of a legit response.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What's his point? That Carter III Lil' Wayne saturated the market more than Ross? Sure. But if Dooby over there robs Fort Knox & I rob a grocery store, we're both still doing the same thing.

You have to be pretty out there or a HUGE fan tryna defend that Ross isn't over saturating the market. "A few guest appearances?" Niggas on damn near every song. I don't care whose song it is. Look at Slaughterhouse for example, signed to Eminem & Eminem was on two songs with them. Listen to any MMG album, Ross is on nearly half the album, every single, then like I said every other popular artists single. Clearly market saturation. Makes sense too. Rick Ross & his grunting will only be hot for a minute, so they're cashing in on it as much as they can until people shut him off.

Anyway, Slaughterhouse has done nothing relatively close to either Wayne or Ross. So this topic itself is just plain stupid & a further mockery to this forum that this dumb nigga is allowed to make threads like this weekly.