Author Topic: GOOD NEWS: Lil Wayne promises to retire after Tha Carter V  (Read 1138 times)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: GOOD NEWS: Lil Wayne promises to retire after Tha Carter V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »
Sounds to good to be true.  Is there any rapper that ever truly retired?

I remember Em was supposed to retire after Encore, he promised after the success of The Eminem Show that if he ever couldn't top his last effort he would hang up the mic.  Encore clearly didn't top the quality of his previous releases, and Proof had said Em planned to retire but it never happened.

I Don't remember hearing shit about eminem after Encore. Hell he wasn't even on most peoples minds for the next few years. So I Figured he did retire, but IMO he should of stayed retired as much as I like Relapse, recovery was crap, they weren't anything as near impressive as his first three. Course I can't complain when an artist keeps making music because they do make songs that I Like  every once and awhile so my collection keeps growing.  8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »
Em's retirement was never something official but it was clear that he had kind off lost interest with his music after "8-Mile". The creative focus wasn't much there.

Jay's retirement, I believe, had a lot to do with behind-the-scenes politics with him and Dame over Roc-A-Fella. There was definitely some major changes going on there.

The Game deal was total hype. Never once was it anything beyond some bullshit he said in an interview to grab attention. He wasn't transitioning into a different role or taking a creative hiatus, he was just doing something to create controversy. I don't feel like there was ever one moment where he believed he was going to stop making music.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »
Wait a sec.. so this dude is quitting rap to focus on skateboarding full-time?

yeah dude is a hipster now :D

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 09:07:55 AM »
he should retired after Carter I, but Thank Lord if he does it - someone needs to make sure he'll never come back tho.

I just hope the rest of this wack ass gay so-called "rappers" will follow his example and also hang up the mic forever - that includes the whole Cash Money, Maybach Music and rest if this trash.

u straight up hatin but to each their own.  i never understood how ppl can completely dislike something that isnt personally offensive to them or what they stand for.  i dont like Kenny Chesney at all but im sure he has a tune or two and a melody or six that i can fuck with. 

real talk. dubcc is filled with wayne haters