Author Topic: Final Nate Dogg Album is Coming 2013!!  (Read 2441 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Final Nate Dogg Album is Coming 2013!!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
Busta might not be a bad feature either.  I stay forgettin about that nigga everytime i be comin up wit shit lol.  its sad becuz that nigga's a certified beast too.  Busta is 1 of tha GOATs

Jimmy H.

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 11:51:50 PM »
I wouldn't call it a "feud". They were still friends, but wasn't really makin' music together.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't ever want to imply that Nate and Daz weren't cool but more giving people a realistic view of things. He fucked with Eminem heavy in the end of his career. I'd say it was maybe like the Pac situation. Nate might not have been as close to Tupac as he was to his DPG crew but they made a good deal of music together and a strong business relationship. And regarding the Em relationship, I just got reminded that he also got Nate to do a chorus on one of his Pac remixes as well.

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 06:15:21 AM »
My wish list would be Nate + some massive radio artists so he gets a posthumous mega hit.

I'm talking Nate plus

Singing: Rihana, Mary J Blige, Neyo, R Kelly (or Trey Songz), Chris Brown,

Rappin: Busta Rhymes, Nas, Luda, Jay Z, Kenye, Missy Eliot, Dr Dre, DPG, Warren Snoop (if he don't write it, or he steps it up for Nate...or it's Dre produced) Kokane, E-40, Roscoe

Then on the remix Too Short, Slip Capone, Goldie Loc, Tray Deee (on phone) Kam and WC

pixtr

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
My wish list would be Nate + some massive radio artists so he gets a posthumous mega hit.

I'm talking Nate plus

Singing: Rihana, Mary J Blige, Neyo, R Kelly (or Trey Songz), Chris Brown,

Rappin: Busta Rhymes, Nas, Luda, Jay Z, Kenye, Missy Eliot, Dr Dre, DPG, Warren Snoop (if he don't write it, or he steps it up for Nate...or it's Dre produced) Kokane, E-40, Roscoe

Then on the remix Too Short, Slip Capone, Goldie Loc, Tray Deee (on phone) Kam and WC

LOL Rihana? Trey Songz? Tray Deee (on phone) hah

only what I want is some Battlecat, Fredwreck, Quik beats and DPG feats + collabo with Butch Cassidy  8)

doggfather

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »

only what I want is some Battlecat, Fredwreck, Quik beats and DPG feats + collabo with Butch Cassidy  8)

right!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
Let's be real about this though. Everyone wants to bring up the Warrens and Snoops and Dogg Pound cats because that was old Death Row crew but Nate fucked with mainstream cats so why shouldn't those same dudes be featured. Eminem? I'd venture to say Nate made some of the biggest checks of his life off that business relationship.

Yes, Nate came up in the business as a member of Snoop's crew but there is a whole section of fans who got introduced to him because he worked with people like Em, Ludacris, Fifty, and Fabulous. Nate fuck with Em and his label. He did a few tracks for Obie. He had a feature on every Em album until he started having health problems. He was even on one of like three new tracks on that "greatest hits" project and they used it again on the compilation remix.

And Nate was certainly friends with everyone from Tha Pound but I'm pretty sure there was like a five or six-year period where he did almost no songs with Daz. So if we're gonna talk about how his business is evaluated while he's no longer here, these don't like sound like features that Nate would have had a problem with.

thank you, i wanted to post something along those lines but couldn't find the words. Daz & Nate had a feud from like 99 to 05. and even after that Daz didn't put Nate on some of the albums (Dogg Chit) cause Nate wanted to be paid for the features.

don't have expectations for this album. i just hope we get to hear prison walls one day in CDQ, and hope that more songs like this will emerge.

I wouldn't call it a "feud". They were still friends, but wasn't really makin' music together.

i remember a Daz interview where he said there was tension between him & Nate. and that they had put that behind and planned on making "these days II" (that was right before Boyz N The Hood dropped). so they probably fell out, just like daz fell out with snoop at one point.

Will_B

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 02:17:38 PM »

right!

Good but unlikely to get mainstream airplay

Would make more sense to get someone 'hot' on there, even Fabolous

bouli77

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
i don't think a Nate Dogg solo project could get major airplay to be fair... Nate Dogg has always been a go-to hook singer but that's pretty much it. most people don't know of his face or remember his face, just his voice, he's not bankable as a frontman. a posthumous Nate Dogg project is unlikely to rake in major dollars even with big producers and major features on board. i can't picture a "nasty girl" kinda song/video with everybody and their mama sporting a Nate Dogg t-shirt and catching on the mainstream, not that it wouldn't be cool. that being said I'd like to see music with other producers from the usual suspects. for example a half with the traditional westcoast producers and another half with big name producers that i like (jazze pha, pharell, just blaze, timbo etc.). I'm sure Nate has a lot of songs in the vault with very different artists in the industry.

Will_B

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
i don't think a Nate Dogg solo project could get major airplay to be fair... Nate Dogg has always been a go-to hook singer but that's pretty much it. most people don't know of his face or remember his face, just his voice, he's not bankable as a frontman. a posthumous Nate Dogg project is unlikely to rake in major dollars even with big producers and major features on board. i can't picture a "nasty girl" kinda song/video with everybody and their mama sporting a Nate Dogg t-shirt and catching on the mainstream, not that it wouldn't be cool. that being said I'd like to see music with other producers from the usual suspects. for example a half with the traditional westcoast producers and another half with big name producers that i like (jazze pha, pharell, just blaze, timbo etc.). I'm sure Nate has a lot of songs in the vault with very different artists in the industry.

I think you underestimate the music loving publics love of Nate's voice. I don't know anyone who doesn't know and love Regulate.

If the hooks they have in the vault are anywhere near as good as the best of Nate we know, it could be turned into a SMASH (no euro)

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
if done right, nate is definitely marketable.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
The only thing they can do is a greatest hits with all the guests appearances he did with a few bonus tracks.. Other than that, it won't make that much noise

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »
ya'll r right, it probably wont shake the industry but it'd be nice to have some more Nate Dogg music.  Lets just pray and hope for "G Funk Classics" type of Instrumentals.  Throw in a little bit of Snoop, Dre, DPG, Roscoe, a Pac feature, an Eminem feature, with some DJ Quik, Warren G, and Butch Cassidy and we're good.  

ftr i really dont c y Mary J is the obligatory Diva feature.  Labels be actin like Patti Labelle, Diana Ross, and Chaka Khan n them still aint around n still soundin good.  Mary's always been cool and she has her moments (classics for sure) but she never sounds right on them records.  Its like she's there just to be there

and no disrespect to u but as far as Rap goes i dont see any feasable reason for an artists to release a Greatest Hits album thats usually 99.9% album single cuts with the rarity or remix thrown in there.  fuck that
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:24:14 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Okka

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:53 PM »
Let's be real about this though. Everyone wants to bring up the Warrens and Snoops and Dogg Pound cats because that was old Death Row crew but Nate fucked with mainstream cats so why shouldn't those same dudes be featured. Eminem? I'd venture to say Nate made some of the biggest checks of his life off that business relationship.

Yes, Nate came up in the business as a member of Snoop's crew but there is a whole section of fans who got introduced to him because he worked with people like Em, Ludacris, Fifty, and Fabulous. Nate fuck with Em and his label. He did a few tracks for Obie. He had a feature on every Em album until he started having health problems. He was even on one of like three new tracks on that "greatest hits" project and they used it again on the compilation remix.

And Nate was certainly friends with everyone from Tha Pound but I'm pretty sure there was like a five or six-year period where he did almost no songs with Daz. So if we're gonna talk about how his business is evaluated while he's no longer here, these don't like sound like features that Nate would have had a problem with.

thank you, i wanted to post something along those lines but couldn't find the words. Daz & Nate had a feud from like 99 to 05. and even after that Daz didn't put Nate on some of the albums (Dogg Chit) cause Nate wanted to be paid for the features.

don't have expectations for this album. i just hope we get to hear prison walls one day in CDQ, and hope that more songs like this will emerge.

i remember a Daz interview where he said there was tension between him & Nate. and that they had put that behind and planned on making "these days II" (that was right before Boyz N The Hood dropped). so they probably fell out, just like daz fell out with snoop at one point.

Yeah, i remember that. Daz even talked about it on his old website. I'm almost 100% sure there's pictures of them together and everything when they had their problems, so it couldn't have been that deep. You know what i'm sayin? Feud might actually be the right word for it, but they wasn't beefin'.

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
a new nate dogg album is a MUST BUY