Author Topic: Nas Vs. Eminem  (Read 445 times)

djvudoo19

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Nas Vs. Eminem
« on: February 24, 2003, 04:51:16 PM »
Aiyo, who u think would win a battle between eminem and nas.  Who you think is the better emcee?  I think Nas would win hands-down in my opinion.  The way Nas raps, he tells a story.  Eminem can’t do it as well, but his rhymes scheme is more commericialzed and appeals to the mass.  In the beginning,  I wasn’t even feeling Nas.  Only when you listen to his cd on ur discman…you feel his shit.  Battlewise, Nas would win, but Eminem wouldn't get crushed...he'll probably spit some crazy out-there shit.  hahahahha :o

I read that Nas is beefing with AZ.  Is this true?  Are Bravehearts a crew like G-Unit?  Is Nas a gangsta or not.  I read that Noreaga and hella other QB dunns have been attacking his credability.  

The Watcher

Re:Nas Vs. Eminem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 05:54:16 PM »
eminem

he's a battle mc, and can make the songs, depends on what you're talkin about tho with the whole 'vs' thing. freestyle or written? either way em would probably take it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 05:57:36 PM »

Jome

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 07:50:31 PM »
Are Bravehearts a crew like G-Unit?  Is Nas a gangsta or not.  I read that Noreaga and hella other QB dunns have been attacking his credability.  

Yeah, Bravehearts is a crew.. unfortunately.
Is Nas gangsta?? Nas says so.. some other says the opposite, so we can't really know.

Noreaga told Nas to stay in his place basically..

Nas said in a interview: "Nore needs to step up his game lyrically if he wants to compete"
and Nore replied: "Nas is the 2nd Rakim, and I'm the first and only Nore, so he better watch what he says.."

That's also basically what 50 says.. telling Nas to stay in his place, but they're also give him props for his music so they're not really dissing.

Apart from that Nas has probably been dissed by half of QB..

And I really don't know who would take home the victory if Nas & Em battled..
I would have said Em, because of his battle & freestyle skills, but Nas is very good at written battles.
Em would take home the freestyle-challenge, but written disses..  :-\ dunno..

djvudoo19

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 09:41:13 PM »
I think Nas is one of the best, if not da best emcee dead or alive.  wat kinda pisses me off is his hyprisocy.  in the song cross, he says, "r&b rappers fucking up the game horribly," but he's down with Ja.  He wants to take hip hop back to its essence and he makes a record wit ja.

it seems like he turns his back on hella of his boys: nature, mega, mobb deep, supposedly AZ and Horse.  Nas said Horse got married.but the real reason was dat Horse didn't like da way he treated ppl.

u think he's ever gonna collabo wit eminem.  joint would be poppin.....

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 08:08:54 AM »
Nas would win. Eminem is great, but Nas is one of the top 3 rappers ever. In almost ever ranking, Nas is mentioned more than 2Pac. (I don't agree, but that's others) Eminem hasn't had a real challenge, and Canibus wouldn't give it to him either. But can Eminem take an Ether blow, and comeback. We know he can take weak shit from Benzino, ICP, Everlast and Canibus. But when confronted with Dilated Peoples, he stayed quiet. So would would Eminem do, Nas will survive, he ain't a battle rapper, but you better believe he will save his career, like Ether and Stillmatic. Who knows, I gotta go with Nas on this.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 08:16:27 AM »
I dont know about Nas' credibility, but I think he would win against Em.

KVB

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »
I think Eminem is the better MC. From what we know, Nas can't freestyle for shit, so Eminem would win a freestyle battle. (Em's freestyle skills are enormous, and have been proven time and time again, check out his King & Tech Wake Up Show freestyles). Eminem lack storytelling skills? Have you ever heard "Cleanin' Out My Closet"? I can't give Nas the edge on this one either. I think Em is better than Nas, in every aspect.

Nas beefing with AZ? = Not sure, but I doubt it since the two have collaborated on both "Stillmatic" and AZ's latest "Aziatic". The two seem close to me, I see no reason for this beef. Nas has got a shitload of beef already, I doubt he would want a conflict with AZ.

Are Bravehearts a crew like G-Unit? = Yes, unfortunately. They are some of the wackest rappers ever to disgrace the game of hip-hop. The entire crew (with the exception of Nas) lack any rapping skills whatsoever.

Is Nas a gangsta or not? = I can't really tell, but I doubt this also, since 50 Cent, Nature, N.O.R.E. and Cormega (who all come from Queens) have all attacked his street credibilty. But it's impossible for us to know. I can't just answer "yes" or "no" to that question.

Eminem would kill Nas, bottom line. No dickriding, it's the truth...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 09:16:59 AM »
lol no way would eminem kill nas..........eminems got a better flow.........nas wins lyrically n content wise, he gets alot deeper to...i mean eminems mother,daughter wife stories get real borin afta a while, but when he spits real he spits dope.

but overrall no way can y'all come out and say nas would kill eminem or eminem would kill nas, either way id put it close whoever wins.........im sure ppl were sayin the same thing about nas when jay-z said shit on him, but her proved himself there........

but anyways, if eminem n nas battled.....itd be close as fuck in my opinion.....nas might just take it.........

peace

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 02:38:37 PM »
. But can Eminem take an Ether blow, and comeback. We know he can take weak shit from Benzino, ICP, Everlast and Canibus. But when confronted with Dilated Peoples, he stayed quiet.

He took a shot at dilated peoples along with Everlast on the song Quitter.. and Proof i think takes a shot at em too..

As for the striaght up battling.. i reckon Eminem would take it.. Althou when it comes down to cmparing albums and lyrics.. Nas would prolly just take it..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 04:04:21 PM »
Is Nas gangsta?? Nas says so.. some other says the opposite, so we can't really know.

really ? He does write raw street lyrics, but he's not in his Escobar days no more...I don't remember him actually claimin gangsta recently...

I think Em would even take a written battle...but I'm not as sure bout that as I am bout Nas gettin killed in a freestyle

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 04:06:02 PM »
"Whens the last time you came to Queensbridge to see the kids Speak to Ill Will moms, or gave cheese to Wiz
Street Dreams don't put me in the fridge"

"Nasty Nas all ya life you praised me
Your daughter might be Jay Z's
Illmatic was real cause you was tryin' to portray me
Matter of fact, time for Sony to pay me
For "Life's a bitch, God forbid the bitch divorce me
"Street Dreems", and every other rhyme you got off me
I shoulda kept the rhymes for me
Fuck it now the whole world know
Who coward ass Nas tryin to be"

"You the reason Ill Will is in the coffin yo
When he got shot, you was too soft to roll
Talkin' 'bout you a brave Pac
Nah you a fake Pac"

nas street cred? zero!! mega destroyed it all.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jome

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 08:00:56 PM »

really ? I don't remember him actually claimin gangsta recently...

He talks about guns & thuggin in the street all the time.. that's talkin gangsta to me..

I stand by my wizzords:
Eminem would win a freestyle battle, and a written battle would probably be as equal as the Nas/Jigga-battle - you don't get more equal than that.

djvudoo19

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2003, 09:38:48 PM »
Word is the song "You Wanna Be Me" was directed to Az. I don't like this at all, seeing as I would love to see them make an album together.

You can't be me, not in your wildest fantasy
It's childish; should I have to resort to violence?
Pay me a half a million, I'll consult your album
And show you how to stay off my dick
That's the thing I hate the most, can't even call you a man
When you gotta call out my name to get you some fans
No talent, you need direction; you a pussy with a yeast infection
You unlucky, I'm your fuckin C-section
Plus I'm the last real nigga alive
Toast glass, Ill Will, the label get high
Realize, how many classics I gave you
Perhaps if you think back you'll realize that I made you

-sounds like a diss to AZ...cuz on the aziatic intro he gives props to nas...i dunno though

shit, if nas patched beef, QB will would be ill as fuck.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2003, 09:48:36 PM »
Word is the song "You Wanna Be Me" was directed to Az. I don't like this at all, seeing as I would love to see them make an album together.

You can't be me, not in your wildest fantasy
It's childish; should I have to resort to violence?
Pay me a half a million, I'll consult your album
And show you how to stay off my dick
That's the thing I hate the most, can't even call you a man
When you gotta call out my name to get you some fans
No talent, you need direction; you a pussy with a yeast infection
You unlucky, I'm your fuckin C-section
Plus I'm the last real nigga alive
Toast glass, Ill Will, the label get high
Realize, how many classics I gave you
Perhaps if you think back you'll realize that I made you

-sounds like a diss to AZ...cuz on the aziatic intro he gives props to nas...i dunno though

shit, if nas patched beef, QB will would be ill as fuck.

Actually Nature, who has a song called Look Who's Talking, which is a pretty bad song, dissing Nas. Nas and AZ are still cool I think.

As for Em and Nas, when Em is put next to 'Pac and Big, the same way Nas is, and when Em is compare to Ra like Nas, and Em puts out a full classic album, like Nas had twice, and Em can actually win battles, instead of a bunch of uncompletes like Dilated (come on, Quitter ain't shit to Dilated, 'cause he redid Hit 'Em Up, lets see EM really diss Evidence), Canibus (just warning shots, and Canibus is using warning shots, kind of like a cold war) against actual credable rappers. Until Em is proven, I still say Nas. Em is not the rap God like people want him to be. I still respect Em, and I buy his albums, and spit word for word his lyrics like everyone else. But over Nas, shit, that's like saying 50 Cents over Snoop Doggy Dogg. You can see the comparsions, but it ain't that close.... yet.