Author Topic: MC Eiht - Underground Hero  (Read 929 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
MC Eiht - Underground Hero
« on: February 24, 2003, 07:08:24 PM »
MC Eiht – Underground Hero

1. The bomb shit…intro
2. Bang…Bangin’ gangsta, trunk thumpin’ beat.  Eiht lays some tight lyrics to open up the album.  4/5
3. Get yours…Slow, head noddin’ production.  Two great verses by Eiht and Mack 10 appears for the last verse in which he comes tighter than he has in a while.  Female vocals are a nice touch for the hook.  4/5
4. Hungry…insert
5. Uh-huh…Eiht flows comfortably to another great beat.  Simple, but effective chorus.  Yukmouth puts down a dope verse at the end.  4/5
6. First time actor…insert
7. The hustle…Unique production has the west coast sound to it, with a trumpet and a telephone ring in the loop.  Tight verses and good hook.  4/5
8. Graduation day…insert
9. Hipnotize…Slow beat accompanies Eiht on his classic slow style.  The chorus sounds good, but it does not fit the song, which prevents this track from getting a perfect rating.  4/5
10.   In my town…Eiht switches his flow up a bit between rapping and somewhat singing.  Smooth hook and average production.  3.5/5
11.   Fire alarm…insert
12.   Never take it easy…Bumpin’ production and dope ass lyrics.  Well constructed simple hook.  4/5
13.   Keep it movin’…The production sounds like it is lacking something, although it still sounds decent.  Eiht’s flow make the song tight.  3.5/5
14.   Territory…A+ production.  Eiht puts down some more dope gangsta lyrics.  4.5/5
15.   The shoe caper…insert
16.   The rah rah niggaz…This song sounds so out of place here.  Horrible beat.  Sticky Fingaz doesn’t sound bad, but Eiht doesn’t sound good with this beat.  Terrible hook.  1.5/5
17.   Leave me alone…Three verses of stories from the hood.  Well crafted lyrics.  Decent production.  3.5/5
18.   Black music dept….insert
19.   What you wish for…Great beat.  Outlaws appear here, so Eiht only gets one verse, but everybody does a nice job on the mic.  A+ hook.  4.5/5

OVERALL…4/5

The tightest MC Eiht album in years.  His subject matter is pretty much the same of what it normally is, but the lyrics and flow are elevated.  When added with the top-notch gangsta production, you’ve got an album that can play front to back with no skipping besides all the annoying skits (the only real fault of the album).  

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Re:MC Eiht - Underground Hero
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 01:51:30 AM »
yeah Mc Eiht really came tight on this one fo sho!
40oz Graphire

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 03:27:27 AM »
tight review cracka j.. i pretty much agree with everything.. except about the track "in my town".. i love that song :)

mc eiht took a step forward on this, but like u said... TOO MANY SKITS lol
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

EM28

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 03:46:31 PM »
great review man...maybe u can review more albums in the future if you'd like....I may be picking this album up very soon...

thankx

peace