Author Topic: Komplex Interview (Treacherous Records producer talks new album, new project)  (Read 363 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2013/01/12/komplex-interview/

I2G chilled with Treacherous Records in house producer, Komplex, for an exclusive interview. We discuss his new instrumental album, Resurrection, that just recently dropped, upcoming projects and much more so check it out. To download the album, click on the link below:

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/komplex-resurrection

Illuminati 2G is here with Komplex, how’s it going man?

I’m good man, how’s it going with you?

Good. You just dropped your new instrumental album entitled Resurrection. Tell me a little bit about the album and how it came together for you.

Basically I got the idea..., well I make alot of beats, I have over 1,000 beats. Alot of these beats were forgotten or concepts that died over time. I am resurrecting now with this album and that is where I got the inspiration from.

Now is this album one where other artists could use the beats on mixtapes?

Oh yeah. They are just random beats that I made over the years that had been collecting dust and I just wanted to put them out and let people hear them. People can remix them, listen to them, whatever.

So what’s new for you in 2013? What new projects are you working on?

Well right now we are working on a project called Treacherous 3 which consists of Crooked I, K Young and One-2. It’s basically a project with those 3 artists on the label so we came up with the concept of putting an album out as a group.

I will be producing a good portion of that album and also we are working on a mixtape and album for One-2 that will drop this year. I also produced 2 records for Kendrick Lamar, not sure what projects those will end up on but I am sure they will drop this year as well.

Other than that, I am sure I will be doing my normal freelance work with other artists. I did just recently get out of the studio with Crooked I, I did some joints with him recently. Whoever wants to work with me right now, I am down.

Another artist that you work with extensively is Knoc-Turn’al. Have you guys been in the studio lately working on anything?

I have not been in the studio with Knoc for a minute. I am sure though that we will be getting back in the lab soon. I did do a couple of tracks on his last album, Knocsville.

That leads perfectly into my next question, one of my favorite joints from you that you produed is Sorry I Left You from that album. Is there any good studio memories that you have from creating the beat for that song?

Knoc-Turn’al was always a fan of the more west coast sounding beats and I always try and produce more old school west coast sounding beats, something similar to what Dr. Dre would do. He really liked that particular joint and he did his thing on it.

I would say my all time favorite beat from you is Half Man that you did for One-2 and Crooked I. Any good memories in creating that beat?

That sample is actually an Armenian sample, it is a Armenian song that I chopped up and sampled it.

Yeah that had a very futuristic sound to it. That beat sound like it is 5 or 10 years ahead of its time.

I always try to be creative as I can, I never try to copy these generic sounding drums or synths. I try to be more innovative with my sound. I was not aiming for that vibe persay on that track but I liked how that track turned out.

Absolutely. Do you have a wish list of artists that you would like to work with that you have not worked with yet?

Obviously all the legends like Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem.Mos Def and Talib as well, Action Bronson is dope, I would like to work with him. Anyone that is talented it is a honor to work with.

What is your website information?

www.twitter.com/thisiskompo.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Shoutout to One-2, C.O.B., Crooked I, Horseshoe Gang and the whole Treacherous family.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:45:02 PM by D-Nice »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
downloaded..pretty dope. Always been a Komplex fan 8)

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
''Well right now we are working on a project called Treacherous 3 which consists of Crooked I, K Young and One-2. It’s basically a project with those 3 artists on the label so we came up with the concept of putting an album out as a group.''

DOPE!!