Author Topic: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*  (Read 6642 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2012, 07:02:15 AM »
If this album had all tracks that got cut due to clearence, "Rollin" "dead people" "black Judast" "murders" and "celebration remix" and the premo track, then it would of been a really solid album. Some of the best tracks wernt on official album. Good effort game, maybe a label change will give him some spark.

I agree this album sucks but I dont think that the Young Money move will create better albums  ;D ;D

Jome

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
Short review after a couple of listens:

Criticism:
- Album is plagued by "industry cameos" for the sake of having big "hot at the time" names on stickers on the front.
Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Lil Wayne x 2, Chris Brown, Young Jeezy, Future - all redundant! Not much talent here, could possibly have added a name or two more, but couldn't even finish some of the tracks.
- Game trying to sound like everybody else, but himself? Chamillionaire is better at impersonating other rappers, Game must have been listening to Chams "Roll Call" too much.
- Leaving a bunch of the best tracks off, like he did with the R.E.D. Album. Let's just leave Trae, Scarface, Dr.Dre, Bone Thugs, Nipsey, DJ Premier, and more off the album, shall we? (I know sampling issues had some say in this, but not all)

Praise:
+ Some interesting collabos I've been wanting to see, Game + Kendrick, and Game + Pusha T. in particular is what the hip hop heads wants to see. Sounds as good as it does on paper, though the anticipated J.Cole collabo didn't quite live up to the expectations.
+ Mostly good production, even though some of the better tracks were left off the album. Game has a good ear for beats.
+ Even on his most watered-down albums, Game drops the occasional gem. Game is good when he sticks to a subject, and isn't going off topic all over the place, dropping names and imitating 5 rappers seemingly at the same time.

Here's how Jesus Piece would look if I had a say in it:

For the record: Track 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16 & 19 isn't on the album.. go figure.
Of course it wouldn't sell as much as the retail version, but he could call this "The Hiphop edition"..  :P

And if anybody makes a version of Scared Now without Meek Mill, let me know.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

$

Sccit

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
Jome's version looks doper...i probably woulda fucked wit it if that was the final tracklist. havent even peeped it yet. shit does not interest me in any way. i'll get around to it, though.

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
absolute garbage not even checking for it

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
absolute garbage not even checking for it

You obviously checked for it if you think it's garbage ::)

Tha Crip

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:14 PM »
Took out Meek Mills part on Scared Now...enjoy  8)

Game - Scared Now (Produced By Black Metaphor) [solo mix]

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/10250273/file.html
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Remedy360

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
After one listen it's not as bad as I expected after looking at some reviews, and definitely much more listenable than RED. With that said, I hate how Game has become a dude that just tries to do what's trendy in terms of features. The features on this album are fucking ridiculous. Disappointing looking back at the Doc, DA, and hell even LAX, in comparison to shit like this that's only put out there to feature the "hottest rappers in the game". With that said, still some nice songs, and I will not immediately erase this as I did with RED.

Favorite tracks after one spin

Jesus Piece
Pray
See No Evil
Name Me King

Note: I thought Holy Water was dope, disappointed that this wasn't on here. Also, no idea why that Dre track didn't make it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:04:00 PM by Remedy360 »

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »
After one listen it's not as bad as I expected after looking at some reviews, and definitely much more listenable than RED. With that said, I hate how Game has become a dude that just tries to do what's trendy in terms of features. The features on this album are fucking ridiculous. Disappointing looking back at the Doc, DA, and hell even LAX, in comparison to shit like this that's only put out there to feature the "hottest rappers in the game". With that said, still some nice songs, and I will not immediately erase this as I did with RED.

Favorite tracks after one spin

Jesus Piece
Pray
See No Evil
Name Me King

Note: I liked Holy Water as much as, if not more than any song on this album. Disappointed to not find it on here.

Holy Water is a bonus track on the Best Buy Edition.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
Never Really Been A Game Fan But This Chit Is Fuckin Remarkable After First Spin!!

bouli77

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
ppl are harsh with R.E.D., shit wasn't terrible, it was just a bit uninspired and not really cohesive but sonically it sounded pretty good from what i remember, haven't bumped it in a while though.

i'm surprised he actually put out Jesus Piece that quickly (surprised he put it out period actually lol).

regardless of the actual quality of the album (need to give it more spins), i hate this current trend of getting the same big name rappers on everybodys albums.

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
Few spins in and im feeling it, Ali Bomaye to me is superior to Jesus Piece dont think Kanye or Common came correct on that.

Some filler that didnt have to be there with better tracks just released.

Solid solid album however

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »
 I almost purchased it last night but the snippets sounded like shit so i changed my mind.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Short review after a couple of listens:

Criticism:
- Album is plagued by "industry cameos" for the sake of having big "hot at the time" names on stickers on the front.
Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Lil Wayne x 2, Chris Brown, Young Jeezy, Future - all redundant! Not much talent here, could possibly have added a name or two more, but couldn't even finish some of the tracks.
- Game trying to sound like everybody else, but himself? Chamillionaire is better at impersonating other rappers, Game must have been listening to Chams "Roll Call" too much.
- Leaving a bunch of the best tracks off, like he did with the R.E.D. Album. Let's just leave Trae, Scarface, Dr.Dre, Bone Thugs, Nipsey, DJ Premier, and more off the album, shall we? (I know sampling issues had some say in this, but not all)

Praise:
+ Some interesting collabos I've been wanting to see, Game + Kendrick, and Game + Pusha T. in particular is what the hip hop heads wants to see. Sounds as good as it does on paper, though the anticipated J.Cole collabo didn't quite live up to the expectations.
+ Mostly good production, even though some of the better tracks were left off the album. Game has a good ear for beats.
+ Even on his most watered-down albums, Game drops the occasional gem. Game is good when he sticks to a subject, and isn't going off topic all over the place, dropping names and imitating 5 rappers seemingly at the same time.

Here's how Jesus Piece would look if I had a say in it:

For the record: Track 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16 & 19 isn't on the album.. go figure.
Of course it wouldn't sell as much as the retail version, but he could call this "The Hiphop edition"..  :P

This is a review i like. Points out the good parts and the bad parts in a non-biased way.

As far as the left out songs with Scarface, Trae etc most of them didnt make it due to sample clearances. I do agree that Game usually does that on his albums though. The songs he brings his A-game on get left off. At the same maybe some wouldnt enjoy those songs as much if they did make the album in a weird kinda way, Hip-hop fans are notorious for that kinda mentality.