Author Topic: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*  (Read 6588 times)

Will_B

Re: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
Ross' annoying mumbling about people needing to humble themselves because they "aren't G's"

Swag doe

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
Dope album 4/5. Cohesive
Exactly the rating I'd give it.  Put the Sunday Service tracks he listed in their proper places and this is even more of a banger.  One day we'll get an actual Game CD with just Game, hopefully.  Till then.....

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »
i'm one of those dudes who's always been saying 2chainz is mediocre but damn this nigga killz it on ali bomaye "skateboard on a nigga track!"

"Take it how you wanna, if you wanna take it, I like clubs where all the women work naked!"

bars.

lmfao!

T-o-m

« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Are there any vidz to this album yet?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »

There's two, "Celebration" and "I Remember"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »
i'm one of those dudes who's always been saying 2chainz is mediocre but damn this nigga killz it on ali bomaye "skateboard on a nigga track!"

"Take it how you wanna, if you wanna take it, I like clubs where all the women work naked!"

bars.

It's the voice of ghetto intellegence if you got work, go to work or work at ya residence"

T-o-m

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »

are u kiddin me? horrible choice

Remedy360

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »

"Celebration" definitely isn't one of my favorite songs, but if you think about it, it's one of the more likely songs to be played in a party setting and things of that nature. In fact, I know several casual hip hop fans that bump that song. As for "I Remember" don't really have much validation for that lol

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

"Celebration" definitely isn't one of my favorite songs, but if you think about it, it's one of the more likely songs to be played in a party setting and things of that nature. In fact, I know several casual hip hop fans that bump that song. As for "I Remember" don't really have much validation for that lol

Yeah I remember hearing "Celebration" on the radio a lot at work. "I Remember" on the other hand is one of games worst songs, he was hyping that shit up like crazy too.

Remedy360

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2012, 03:34:59 PM »

Yeah I remember hearing "Celebration" on the radio a lot at work. "I Remember" on the other hand is one of games worst songs, he was hyping that shit up like crazy too.

It's funny, cause when I looked at the tracklist (specifically the features) I was picturing a ton of pop-sounding songs, but the album really doesn't have that vibe to me. That's what makes the fact that he felt the need to put Ross, 2 Chainz, etc on here more disappointing. Still like the album though.

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »

Game rapping about eating pussy after Kanye and Jay hit it has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever heard in a song. :puke: An accomplishment of sorts, I guess. But besides that line it's a pretty good song.

mrkmaidog

« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
this album still jammin. mad replay value. glad i bought the best buy edition. best album of 2012. i love the thank you section in the last page of the booklet. it says "thank god" with a hand praying, then it says "Fuck You" with a hand showing off the middle finger. LOL!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:39 AM »
Gone are the days when reviews & options here matters.

When this album came out, I was dead busy and read some initially comment on here about how rubbish the album is so I didn't bother to listen.
Got the album this morning on my way to work and I have been pleasantly surprised!

It's nothing new but a good album, on first listen no track seems out of place and it was well put together with very good productions.
No way am trusting comments on this forum anymore.

I'll give the album on first listen 7/10.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Will_B

« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »

Game rapping about eating pussy after Kanye and Jay hit it has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever heard in a song. :puke:

Jesus Mary and Joseph!!!!!!

Which song, what's the lyric??!!! ???

Sccit

« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:44 AM »
THE ALBUM IS A LOT DOPER THAN I EXPECTED, AND I'VE BEEN LISTENIN, BUT WHERE'S THE REGIONAL SOUND?  :D

I KNOW YA'LL BOUT TO SAY IT'S 2013, BUT ARE REGIONAL SOUNDS REALLY COMPLETELY DEAD NOWADAYS? (AND REGIONAL SOUND FOR GAME DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN G-FUNK OR ZAPP SAMPLES LOL)...IT'S AN INTERESTING TOPIC TO THINK ABOUT. GAME ALWAYS HAD A SOMEWHAT EAST COASTESQUE FLOW, BUT NOW HE RAPPIN OVER STRAIGHT EAST COAST BEATS FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE TRACKS. SOLID ALBUM, BUT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN THE WEST COAST SOUND FROM HIS CLASSIC WORK.

TWO THINGS THE ALBUM LACKS=ORIGINALITY AND REGIONALITY