Author Topic: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*  (Read 6635 times)

FUCK-YOU-BItch

Re: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Someone got "Dead People"?

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:01 AM »
gonna check it.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
01. Scared Now (feat. Meek Mill) - 4.5/5, this is crack, definitely a great way to kick the album off
02. Ali Bomaye (feat. 2 Chainz & Rick Ross), 3.5/5, the beat is nuts but Game's Meek/Ross/2 Chainz flow all in one was kinda embarrassing at times
03. Jesus Piece (feat. Kanye West & Common) - 5/5, perfection
04. Pray (feat. J Cole & JMSN) - 3.5/5, Game was cool but jocked J. Cole way too hard, makes me want to skip to his verse
05. Church (feat. King Chip & Trey Songz) - 3/5, I liked the beat and King Chip the most, didn't feel Game too much and Trey Songz was so-so
06. All That (Lady) [feat. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous & Jeremih] - 4/5, this one actually shocked me, some smooth ish you could actually ride to but WTF at Fab's verse fading out?
07. Heaven's Arms - 4/5, more crack, Game straight spitting
08. Name Me King (feat. Pusha T) - 4/5, another heater, been wanting these two on a track for awhile
09. See No Evil (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Tank), 4/5, dope concept on this one, Game and Kendrick kill it, Tank hook is nice
10. Can't Get Right (feat. K. Roosevelt) - 4/5, good production and good song overall
11. Hallelujah (feat. Jamie Foxx) - 4/5, more top notch sounding production, the mix sounds ill, Game was cool
12. Freedom (feat. Elijah Blake) - 4/5, Game goes with a storytelling vibe for this one, I dig it
13. Celebration (feat. Chris Brown, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa & Lil Wayne), - 2.5/5, drop Tyga and Lil Wayne and leave Wiz and Chris Brown or replace with the Bone remix, skipper
14. I Remember (feat. Young Jeezy & Future) - 1.5/5, the beat is banging but not suited for Game at all, Game sounds AWFUL impersonating Future on the hook, Jeezy ripped this
15. Blood Diamonds - 4/5, nice bonus cut

after two listens it's a more cohesive sounding album than RED and even LAX, he basically stuck to one concept and sounded focused throughout the process, only a few skippers here, some songs Game was a little meh lyrically but the production balances it out, the Kevin Hart skits between songs were kinda funny and they match the album's theme which helps the structure

overall rating - 4/5

I'll cop the Target edition or whichever one has "Holy Water" as a bonus

doublee313

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I've been a Game fan since day one.  His first 3 albums still get play on a regular.  Before RED came out, The Game released some tracks that were great (Jump Off, Better Days, Rough).  After that, the Pre-RED mixtapes came out and had 4-5 songs that were good out of 3 mixtapes.

I believe his problem is trying to do something different.  No more Scott Storch, Dr. Dre, JBlaze, etc.  His new sound is just flat or nothing catchy.  Everyone is trying to please the new generation of fans, but they need to stick to the original and the fans will accept it.

My option on RED and JESUS PIECE......Both are trash and totally shows he is stupid.  Lil Wayne has to be on everything which also is stupid.  If he's friends with Wayne, cool but don't pollute your album with that whinny trash.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
01. Scared Now (feat. Meek Mill) - 4.5/5, this is crack, definitely a great way to kick the album off
02. Ali Bomaye (feat. 2 Chainz & Rick Ross), 3.5/5, the beat is nuts but Game's Meek/Ross/2 Chainz flow all in one was kinda embarrassing at times
04. Pray (feat. J Cole & JMSN) - 3.5/5, Game was cool but jocked J. Cole way too hard, makes me want to skip to his verse
05. Church (feat. King Chip & Trey Songz) - 3/5, I liked the beat and King Chip the most, didn't feel Game too much and Trey Songz was so-so
06. All That (Lady) [feat. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous & Jeremih] - 4/5, this one actually shocked me, some smooth ish you could actually ride to but WTF at Fab's verse fading out?
08. Name Me King (feat. Pusha T) - 4/5, another heater, been wanting these two on a track for awhile
09. See No Evil (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Tank), 4/5, dope concept on this one, Game and Kendrick kill it, Tank hook is nice
10. Can't Get Right (feat. K. Roosevelt) - 4/5, good production and good song overall
11. Hallelujah (feat. Jamie Foxx) - 4/5, more top notch sounding production, the mix sounds ill, Game was cool
12. Freedom (feat. Elijah Blake) - 4/5, Game goes with a storytelling vibe for this one, I dig it
13. Celebration (feat. Chris Brown, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa & Lil Wayne), - 2.5/5, drop Tyga and Lil Wayne and leave Wiz and Chris Brown or replace with the Bone remix, skipper
14. I Remember (feat. Young Jeezy & Future) - 1.5/5, the beat is banging but not suited for Game at all, Game sounds AWFUL impersonating Future on the hook, Jeezy ripped this

after two listens it's a more cohesive sounding album than RED and even LAX, he basically stuck to one concept and sounded focused throughout the process, only a few skippers here, some songs Game was a little meh lyrically but the production balances it out, the Kevin Hart skits between songs were kinda funny and they match the album's theme which helps the structure

overall rating - 4/5

You must be listening to this on really shitty speakers to give it such a good rating.  Sonically this sounds like a mixtape and is mastered horribly.  Actually, I'm not even sure if it was mastered at all. 

Maybe they got all high at the studio and forgot to hand it in, who knows?  This album sounds like shit for a major label effort.  I've heard about 3/4 in now but dam it has some real skippers.  And what's with making the songs way too long? 

Matty

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
forgettable IMO, not enough g-funk :laugh:

really its all these 'epic' choir sounding beats, very flat besides for a few tracks, with kanye etc. 'scared now' is dope too. at least a new dre track is a bonus cut 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
I just can't listen to impersonations. Nigga needs to stop that shit. Some cool cuts on this. But that shit is just so lame. SON EVEN JOCKS TREY SONGZ FLOW ON THE SONG WITH HIM. He needs to do solo songs.

Pretty lame how people give him a pass like "that's his thing...he does that" where if ANY other artist made a career off of swagger jacking other artists...well, they wouldn't even have a career lol.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
So disappointed , his worst album...Black Jesus is the best track he released and its not even on there. Waitin for that Dre joint off Bonus, guess this is gonna be the only track where we can hear The Game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:24:01 PM by Episcop Cruel Cvrle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

aerroc

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
epic radio fail this shit sucks ass

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »

overall rating - 4/5

You must be listening to this on really shitty speakers to give it such a good rating.  Sonically this sounds like a mixtape and is mastered horribly.  Actually, I'm not even sure if it was mastered at all. 

Maybe they got all high at the studio and forgot to hand it in, who knows?  This album sounds like shit for a major label effort.  I've heard about 3/4 in now but dam it has some real skippers.  And what's with making the songs way too long? 
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »

overall rating - 4/5

LOL

I bumped this on my Mac connected to my iphone and again in the whip where I have my Pioneer speakers and 2 12s and this album knocked

you downloaded a shitty rip homie, it happens

Blood$

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
iHome*** lol

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

overall rating - 4/5

Sonically this sounds like a mixtape and is mastered horribly.  Actually, I'm not even sure if it was mastered at all. 

truth.

And honestly as a white dude I felt really awkward listening to Ali Bombaye.. How is a white man gonna sing along with some african shit like that?

originalsfx

• Lil Geezy
  • http://djsfex.weebly.com/
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
not a bad album, no totally spectacular tracks but all pretty good 8)
Dj SFeX
http://djsfex.weebly.com/

Free mix CD downloads - Checkout 'SYNTHetic Vol.1.' for that classic west coast sound...

mrkmaidog

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
this album is hella dope. GAME is BACK. better than lax & red.  i didn't think it would be this good, lyrically he's on another level, voice impersonations doesn't bother me one bit, it shows his diversity etc.. beats knock, hella soulful. coppin the BEST BUY deluxe w/ Blood of Christ, Holy Water, Celebration Rmx w/Bone Thugs & The last supper w/Jadakiss & Styles P this tuesday. possible album of the year material.