Author Topic: Death Row Records (Official Update)  (Read 4175 times)

DJ Warrior

Re: Death Row Records (Official Update)
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »
Chronic 2 isn't in the vaults. Anything done after mid '94 by Dre isn't in the vaults. Helter Skelter's not in there. Next Episode's not in there. Mr. Officer's in there. Some other goodies are in there. For those concerned about Dogg Pound stuff.

DAT   Aftershock Ruffs DAT 8/96 Session Tape   Aftershock   Here Hit This (cassette transfer), Champagne Wishes, What You About, Like That, 10 ta Midnight, Life I Lead, Freestyle Instrumental, Freestyle AV, Swiss Groove:w/freestyle,instrumental Swiss Groove 1&2 instrumental, Country Tides AV, Rock In All Minds      PO405250

DAT   Westcoast Aftershock 12/27/95 #1   2Pac   Untitled (Kurupt&Daz,2Pac and others), Jack Move, Untitled newbeat      PO389659

DAT   Tha Dogg Pound 4/1/98 safety copy   Tha Dogg Pound   Don't Stop (Keep Going), Every Single Day, What the People Say      PO776604   45   5

DAT   Aftershock P-3686-DAT 2 safety copy 8/1/96   Aftershock   Here Hit This, Lifeilead, Mental, 10 Ta Midnight, Like That y'all, What'cha about, That's My      PO776603   45   5

Dogg Pound Work DAT West Coast Aftershock 8/10/96   Tha Dogg Pound   Don't Stop Keep Goin, Dogg Pound Criminals, Me & My World, Beverly Blvd 7pm (live street sounds)      PO778864   45   2

DAT   Westcoast Aftershock 12/27/95 #1   2Pac   Untitled (Kurupt&Daz,2Pac and others), Jack Move, Untitled newbeat      PO389659

DID BEN ARNOLD GIVE U THIS LIST B4 HE GAVE U HIV?

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
Chronic 2 isn't in the vaults. Anything done after mid '94 by Dre isn't in the vaults. Helter Skelter's not in there. Next Episode's not in there. Mr. Officer's in there. Some other goodies are in there. For those concerned about Dogg Pound stuff.

DAT   Aftershock Ruffs DAT 8/96 Session Tape   Aftershock   Here Hit This (cassette transfer), Champagne Wishes, What You About, Like That, 10 ta Midnight, Life I Lead, Freestyle Instrumental, Freestyle AV, Swiss Groove:w/freestyle,instrumental Swiss Groove 1&2 instrumental, Country Tides AV, Rock In All Minds      PO405250

DAT   Tha Dogg Pound 4/1/98 safety copy   Tha Dogg Pound   Don't Stop (Keep Going), Every Single Day, What the People Say      PO776604   45   5

DAT   Aftershock P-3686-DAT 2 safety copy 8/1/96   Aftershock   Here Hit This, Lifeilead, Mental, 10 Ta Midnight, Like That y'all, What'cha about, That's My      PO776603   45   5

Dogg Pound Work DAT West Coast Aftershock 8/10/96   Tha Dogg Pound   Don't Stop Keep Goin, Dogg Pound Criminals, Me & My World, Beverly Blvd 7pm (live street sounds)      PO778864   45   2

DID BEN ARNOLD GIVE U THIS LIST B4 HE GAVE U HIV?

The very fact faggot scammers/bootleggers are involved somehow with DR means the releases if any will be half assed

They should let Rhino Records or someone similar get involved with remastering and releasing the vaults.

Original Masyer tape -> professional remaster/mastering -> CD. Not 5th gen cassette shit and fake wav or other type multiple recompress shit with intro/outros cut off and other shit missing etc.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:01 AM »
If that's the case, where did the Next Episode OG shit rip originate from?

On that DAT list, is "Me & My World" a typo for "Me in Your World"?  I remember that supposedly being intended for West Coast Aftershock, according to what they were saying onstage at the House of Blues performance.

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »
If that's the case, where did the Next Episode OG shit rip originate from?

On that DAT list, is "Me & My World" a typo for "Me in Your World"?  I remember that supposedly being intended for West Coast Aftershock, according to what they were saying onstage at the House of Blues performance.

Foesum and yes.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
There's probably lots of music over in tha vaults, the question is do u care about Said artist(s) and 4 all of the other shit including those Said artist(s) You care about.  How much of it is actually any good?  And when i say "good", is the music good and can u actually use it or is it just another half-made beat with a recycled verse on top? 

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »
@OGWillB - You know what I would do if I was in charge of Death Row? I wouldn't bootleg it. Here's my exact plan.

Photography: You hit up George Pryce, Ken Nahoum, The 45 King, Matt McDaniels, Simone, Chi Modu, Kimberly Holt, Joe Cool, and a few others for photography/artwork for the releases. Do it properly, Death Row style.

Mixing: Hire Rick Clifford, Tommy Daughtery, Dave Aron, Carlos Warlick, and Keston Wright

Mastering: Bernie Grundman

Promotion: ???? <---- Still got to think of a good company in business.

I don't believe if bootleggers would involved it would ruin it, it's just the fact that redundant upper management at WIDEawake ruined it.

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
@OGWillB - You know what I would do if I was in charge of Death Row? I wouldn't bootleg it. Here's my exact plan.

Photography: You hit up George Pryce, Ken Nahoum, The 45 King, Matt McDaniels, Simone, Chi Modu, Kimberly Holt, Joe Cool, and a few others for photography/artwork for the releases. Do it properly, Death Row style.

Mixing: Hire Rick Clifford, Tommy Daughtery, Dave Aron, Carlos Warlick, and Keston Wright

Mastering: Bernie Grundman

Promotion: ???? <---- Still got to think of a good company in business.

I don't believe if bootleggers would involved it would ruin it, it's just the fact that redundant upper management at WIDEawake ruined it.

That's an interesting post.

Now what about all the people on dubcc you just ripped off for their $$$?

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
I haven't actually ripped them off. I'm still sending their stuff out as soon as I get my friend to plugin the PC I sent him it on. I had a fit of rage and smashed my harddrive with my fist in September. So, that kinda set me back.

Will_B

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »
WIDEawake didn't do such a bad job on the first two releases, minus John Payne's shitty mixes, the tracks they picked. Lara and Payne both fucked it up. Egos and inner fighting ruined that shit. And John Payne's spending 10 K - 20 K a month.

When I attempted to get up there. I brought them Darren Vegas, RBX, Chris The Glove, Colin Wolfe, Mark Morrison, Hoopla Media (Believe it or not), Jim Gittum, K9, Warlord, and more. Could've brought Danny Boy, Crooked I, Snoop, RC, Daz, Kurupt, and hell even Dre via D.O.C. to the table. They had the money to finance. If I was an adviser to DRR right now, I'd say financially, give Dre his masters for The Chronic and allow him to re-distribute it through Interscope but it's still got to have Death Row Records on the back and they split money on the licensing. In exchange, what the new DRR gets is one album of unreleased Dr. Dre and (if I was Dr. Dre - I'd say, let's put out a Detox boxset - it's now or never for that album - really. One Chronic, One 2001, One Detox CD/DVD, One WIDEawake CD. That's hoping for too much though.) I've heard a good bit of unreleased DRR Dr. Dre. It's not bad. It's cool. It'd be a good start if they promoted right and got Dre to pump it up for the release. That must be in agreement too. Also re-sign artists like Petey Pablo, Lake, etc. Just because they got dropped six years ago doesn't mean you can't run with them now. Hell, 2 Chainz is 42 and his music is still bumping.

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
Thing is though, it'd cost money. Not like over $1,000,000 but still that's good money when you're poor. Lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
I think for a company like Death Row Records (as old as it is) needs someone like me becuz I know the music becuz it's apart of my life more than yall think.  you can't use suits, fratboys, white coco, or "outsiders" to capture it, it just would never live up to it's expectations nor it's price tag (just being honest).  

It's their music and they made it and then some but these people have other shit to worry about.  It's possible to turn a profit within 3 years ((if WA hasn't already)) but you need somebody like myself on the team to come in and fill that "star rookie" position on the crew.  

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
RadioTube,

It's not about white or black. Ask Michael Jackson and John Branca. It's about business.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
RadioTube,

It's not about white or black. Ask Michael Jackson and John Branca. It's about business.

you're the 1 who implied that it was negative, i'm just telling it like it is.  i'm just keepin it 100, that's what i do with some fucks given

i don't even know you, for all i know your name Arakbafar and you live in St. Paul Minnesota.  

apparently you're cool ppls.  mi casa su casa early!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »