Author Topic: Hands On With Kim Dotcom’s Mega: This Service Could Dismantle Copyright Forever  (Read 544 times)

Matty

interesting

http://gizmodo.com/5977163/hands-on-with-kim-dotcoms-new-mega-this-service-wants-dismantle-copyright-forever

"So what's to stop Mega from going down just the way Megaupload did? Mega's privacy, which is a no-foolin' stroke of genius. See, all of your files are encrypted locally before they're uploaded, so Mega has no idea what anything is. It could be family photos or work documents, or an entire discography of your favorite band. Poof: online and easy to share. And importantly, Mega doesn't have the decryption key necessary to get in. See? It's a masterstroke of copyright subversion.

To explain further, Mega's terms say that nobody can access your stuff without your personal decryption key. And they don't have it. Only you do. The company does, however, stipulate in the privacy policy that they might cooperate with law enforcement. But big deal; what are they going to turn over? When Twitter and Facebook cooperate with the authorities, they have access to your data. All Mega has is an encrypted file, and that's its ultimate protection."

Koma

• Lil Geezy
this guy lives down the street from me. he was down one of the main streets this week giving out free icecream and ten "golden tickets" which permit entry to his 30 million dollar mansion for a pool party...

when he announced MEGA there was a big part at his house too that i went too.

he is extravagant as fuck.

J. B A N A N A S

this guy lives down the street from me. he was down one of the main streets this week giving out free icecream and ten "golden tickets" which permit entry to his 30 million dollar mansion for a pool party...

He's pretty liberal with his donations, you should ask him for a grant to support hip hop in NZ and run a label.

Matty

He's pretty liberal with his donations, you should ask him for a grant to support hip hop in NZ and run a label.

this is a good idea. i'm sure mr dotcom wants to invest in as diverse a possible range of places, if he has acess to all his money. i think the feds froze it, but maybe it starts coming in again from the new mega.