Author Topic: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)  (Read 21324 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 06:46:42 AM »
It's not flawless, it's not something deeply lyrical like Kendrick or Nas did, and the pop tracks in the middle are skippers...

But this album bangs hard. No question 8) 8) 8)
sheeeit. he outdone both artists lyrically on his album. nas shit was watered down and i'm sure it was light years ahead of kendrick's joint. i enjoyed the pop joints btw everything ain't for everyone so it's cool.

Yeah but T.I. just flexing and shit. He drops solid material here but not in the same league as Life is Good or GKMC and that's not me hatin.

T.I. gave us somethin for the whip and I appreciate that 8)
sorry<-----------life is good or gkmc

Could be, not arguing! But as complete albums GKMC & LIG are better. No hate 8)
this album shits on both. sorry homie  ;D
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »
epic shit  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
It's not flawless, it's not something deeply lyrical like Kendrick or Nas did, and the pop tracks in the middle are skippers...

sheeeit. he outdone both artists lyrically on his album. nas shit was watered down and i'm sure it was light years ahead of kendrick's joint. i enjoyed the pop joints btw everything ain't for everyone so it's cool.

Yeah but T.I. just flexing and shit. He drops solid material here but not in the same league as Life is Good or GKMC and that's not me hatin.

Agree to disagree homes!

Trouble Man still top 5 in my book

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »

Agree to disagree homes!

Trouble Man still top 5 in my book
yes sir  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
album of the decade  8) 8) 8)

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »
01. The Introduction - 4/5, dope intro, different vibe than this previous albums
02. G Season featuring Meek Mill, 3.5/5, it's good but I expected more, T.I. sounded too laid back for this one, needs more energy
03. Trap Back Jumpin - 3.5/5, this got old for me quick but don't get me wrong it is a banger
04. Wildside featuring A$AP Rocky - 4/5, I fucks with this, a T.I. joint I can burn to
05. Ball featuring Lil Wayne - 3/5, not as bad as people made it out to be, beat sounds old-school-ish, T.I. and Wayne were aiight
06. Sorry featuring André 3000 - 4/5, dope but "Sixteen" >>> by a landslide, I won't even compare "Pink Matter"
07. Can You Learn featuring R. Kelly - 4/5, this one is great too, R. Kelly came through
08. Go Get It - 4/5, another older track but I still bump this
09. Guns and Roses featuring P!nk - 4/5, not bad at all for a song with Pink, good production and T.I. flows well
10. The Way We Ride - 4/5, LOVE this, rollin' around the city music
11. Cruisin’ - 3.5/5, cool song I can pipe a bitch or two to
12. Addresses - 4/5, TIP throwing more shots at Alley Boy, Trouble, and Duct Tape, fire
13. Hello featuring CeeLo Green - 4/5, another smooth joint I rock with
14. Who Want Some - 4/5, this beat slaps
15. Wonderful Life featuring Akon - 4/5, Akon has been coming back strong this year too on the hooks
16. Hallelujah - 4/5 literally the third song with this title to drop this month after Game and Chief Keef lol nice closer though for the album

overall I'd have to give this a 4/5 mainly for the flow of the album and the production

T.I. was not bad at all by any means but he just didn't come with the energy I expected after all the push-backs and time he had to work on the album, it's better than Fuck The City Up but not by much, but it is a WHOLE LOT better than that hefty trash bag No Mercy

Trap Muzik > Paper Trail > King > Trouble Man > Urban Legend > T.I. VS T.I.P. > I'm Serious > No Mercy
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:33:47 PM by BloodMoney, The Trillest. »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
01. The Introduction - 4/5, dope intro, different vibe than this previous albums
02. G Season featuring Meek Mill, 3.5/5, it's good but I expected more, T.I. sounded too laid back for this one, needs more energy
03. Trap Back Jumpin - 3.5/5, this got old for me quick but don't get me wrong it is a banger
04. Wildside featuring A$AP Rocky - 4/5, I fucks with this, a T.I. joint I can burn to
05. Ball featuring Lil Wayne - 3/5, not as bad as people made it out to be, beat sounds old-school-ish, T.I. and Wayne were aiight
06. Sorry featuring André 3000 - 4/5, dope but "Sixteen" >>> by a landslide, I won't even compare "Pink Matter"
07. Can You Learn featuring R. Kelly - 4/5, this one is great too, R. Kelly came through
08. Go Get It - 4/5, another older track but I still bump this
09. Guns and Roses featuring P!nk - 4/5, not bad at all for a song with Pink, good production and T.I. flows well
10. The Way We Ride - 4/5, LOVE this, rollin' around the city music
11. Cruisin’ - 3.5/5, cool song I can pipe a bitch or two to
12. Addresses - 4/5, TIP throwing more shots at Alley Boy, Trouble, and Duct Tape, fire
13. Hello featuring CeeLo Green - 4/5, another smooth joint I rock with
14. Who Want Some - 4/5, this beat slaps
15. Wonderful Life featuring Akon - 4/5, Akon has been coming back strong this year too on the hooks
16. Hallelujah - 4/5 literally the third song with this title to drop this month after Game and Chief Keef lol nice closer though for the album

overall I'd have to give this a 4/5 mainly for the flow of the album and the production

T.I. was not bad at all by any means but he just didn't come with the energy I expected after all the push-backs and time he had to work on the album, it's better than Fuck The City Up but not by much, but it is a WHOLE LOT better than that hefty trash bag No Mercy

Trap Muzik > Paper Trail > King > Trouble Man > Urban Legend > T.I. VS T.I.P. > I'm Serious > No Mercy
are you serious ? tip had hella energy on this album. this is him at his best  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
Damn, Urban Legend that low? And bro, you can't rate "Trap Back Jumpin" that low cause its old! That track still goes

for me, its:

Trap Muzik > Urban Legend > King > Trouble Man > Paper Trail > TI VS TIP > I'm Serious > No Mercy
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
life is good, GKMC, god forgives i dont and BOATS and even trap god are all better then this but thats not saying this album sucks

reminds me of paper trail more then no mercy but unfortunately it dont resemble trap musik at all.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
life is good, GKMC, god forgives i dont and BOATS and even trap god are all better then this but thats not saying this album sucks

reminds me of paper trail more then no mercy but unfortunately it dont resemble trap musik at all.
2 chainz album was better than this?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
fuckin' right

im not a blogger i like to hear music from large speakers preferably in a public venue and im tellin you man, maybe you just gotta be in a certain atmosphere to appreciate it but that 2 chainz GOES. that trap god GOES. and in its proper context that shit is enjoyable as any album.  its also great music to be driving with...

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »
After one spin on this, very ehh. Solid tracks but nothing that I have grown to expect from a TI or TIP album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »

t.i. got hella trap muzik on this album and this one was put together properly. none of those releases you named comes close. life is good was kelis' toilet paper, god forgives was ass and real niggas know damn well he don't make trap muzik, 2 chainz garbage and trap god was garbage. by labeling those albums better than trouble man you are sayin' it sucks.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:41 AM »
fuckin' right

im not a blogger i like to hear music from large speakers preferably in a public venue and im tellin you man, maybe you just gotta be in a certain atmosphere to appreciate it but that 2 chainz GOES. that trap god GOES. and in its proper context that shit is enjoyable as any album.  its also great music to be driving with...

after reading this very statement your opinion on t.i.'s catalog is blasphemy.

Matty

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »
i think predictable but very good sums up this album. if you didn't like the last few t.i. albums so much than this isn't going to be that enjoyable, but if you did, it's one of the more solid ones.