Author Topic: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)  (Read 21335 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
alley girl need to stop runnin' from og block from ak.

the whole DT already performed in the same city where dude said he couldn't lol I think they settled that situation
they still beefin' og ain't gonna let up off them. trouble did a show out there and was vague about the location and time he knew it would took og some time to get there (5 hours away). he did that shit in just enough time to get the fuck outta there. og was in they hood too after that waitin' to see alley boy. no one showed up. i've talked to og about and we laughed about trouble dyin' his hair strawberry red lookin' like sisqo.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
that R. Kelly featured joint is ridin' though  8)
the cee-lo one is a grower
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
that R. Kelly featured joint is ridin' though  8)
the cee-lo one is a grower
classic. the winners anthem  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
muthafuckas who don't have shit to do but be up postin' about og is obsessed and lame they should be tryin' to pay that child support and get a life.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
This album sucks.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
This album sucks.

I wouldnt say that but its barely top 10 of the year if that...

these guys are huge fans caught in the moment but you gotta be on pcp if you think this slbum is more complete then life is good or good kid...

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »
Tip invented trap music

lies

cool breeze, sammy sam and ghetto mafia was doing it in 97 champ

Similar music had been made before, even by T.I. himself, but he did come up with the term and popularized it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »
stop it five, Ti was still trying to run around with kris kross and da brat and jermain dupree when ghetto mafia put out in decatur that song uses the word trap as well as that whole album, fuck man pastor troy the whole oomp camp alot of niggas was saying the word. yall gotta be real young

for real man if you werent into southern music until baby master p and lil jon made it cool please dont talk.

im a walking smithsonian of southern hip hop pop culture when it comes to shit like this...

Lunatic

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
stop it five, Ti was still trying to run around with kris kross and da brat and jermain dupree when ghetto mafia put out in decatur that song uses the word trap as well as that whole album, fuck man pastor troy the whole oomp camp alot of niggas was saying the word. yall gotta be real young

for real man if you werent into southern music until baby master p and lil jon made it cool please dont talk.

im a walking smithsonian of southern hip hop pop culture when it comes to shit like this...

LMAO at LIL JON of all people making anything cool.  :laugh: Gotta give Master P and Baby their props though, and above all J Prince, but that's a different ballpark.

Anyway there's a difference between using the word trap and calling a distinct style of music "trap music" and people actually having some kind of common understanding of what it means. It is kinda corny how T.I. makes himself out to be some kind of jesus because of the name though when there were a lot of people involved in popularizing the sound and he was just one of them. People like Jeezy, Gucci, even Rick Ross, and the list goes on. And of course the producers they worked with. And like you point out they were building on already laid foundations. But still the claim isn't completely without merit.

Lunatic

« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
People like Jeezy, Gucci, even Rick Ross, and the list goes on. And of course the producers they worked with. And like you point out they were building on already laid foundations. But still the claim isn't completely without merit.
Where were Jeezy, Gucci, Ross etc before T.I. released "Trap Muzik" in 2003?

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
People like Jeezy, Gucci, even Rick Ross, and the list goes on. And of course the producers they worked with. And like you point out they were building on already laid foundations. But still the claim isn't completely without merit.

Dunno about the other two but Jeezy was doing his thing as Lil J.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »
thats a decent attempt to save face but tip didnt invent the style of music nor did he invent the term TI just adapted it as his thing and named an album after it.

thats it.

with that said trap muzik is one of my top 20 GOAT southern rap albums

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »

ross was signed to slip and slide and was in a group with trinas ppl and did a stint ghost writing at suave house.

Will_B