Author Topic: Mel-Man - Knock 'Em Off, Mel (Video)  (Read 904 times)

Invincible

Re: Mel-Man - Knock 'Em Off, Mel (Video)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
Heres the EP

Mel-Man - Knock 'Em Off EP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zig77p

You always comin' through with the hook ups. +10

Don't know if this is the same I got

Mel-Man - The Mel-Man Delivers http://depositfiles.com/files/duewn386f

Could you up this on something else please? Unless its the same as the other one.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »
Heres the EP

Mel-Man - Knock 'Em Off EP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zig77p

You always comin' through with the hook ups. +10

Don't know if this is the same I got

Mel-Man - The Mel-Man Delivers http://depositfiles.com/files/duewn386f

Could you up this on something else please? Unless its the same as the other one.

http://limelinx.com/f2n7s

Invincible

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
Nah, that idea came out of Tupac's mouth. I'm not tryin' to diss Dre. Him and Snoop Dogg are my favorite artists and have been since i was a little kid and they will probably always be. People need to stop being so fuckin' blind and defensive though. I'm not sure why you bringin up Khalil's name? There's isn't even that many Dre/Khalil beats out there. Bad Azz said back in 2003 that Dr. Dre has a ghostproducer by the name of Khalil makin' beats for him though.

Lol I aint being blind, I just think there's too many cats who try to pull Dre down, yet they generally all seem to backtrack and would likely all jump at the chance to work with him again, why can't they just grind on their own? I would never wait on another man to make sure I could eat.

I also think Mel-Man get's enough recognition, outside of 2001 he released what, 10 beats? If he's got no work ethic why should he keep being brought up? That's like someone at a company being salesman of the year ofr 1 year, and never making a sale again, yet expecting to get bonus every year. Mel-Man would of had a massive opportunity to continue working after 2001, ala Scott Storch, except it looks like he rested on his laurels and stopped grinding.

I'm not knocking his contribution to 2001, to me that's 25% his album (50% Dre, 25% guest artists, session musicians, ghost writers etc), but really, he hasn't dont fuck all before or after that album.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
Nah, that idea came out of Tupac's mouth. I'm not tryin' to diss Dre. Him and Snoop Dogg are my favorite artists and have been since i was a little kid and they will probably always be. People need to stop being so fuckin' blind and defensive though. I'm not sure why you bringin up Khalil's name? There's isn't even that many Dre/Khalil beats out there. Bad Azz said back in 2003 that Dr. Dre has a ghostproducer by the name of Khalil makin' beats for him though.

Lol I aint being blind, I just think there's too many cats who try to pull Dre down, yet they generally all seem to backtrack and would likely all jump at the chance to work with him again, why can't they just grind on their own? I would never wait on another man to make sure I could eat.

I wasn't strictly talkin' about you. There's a lot of couple of out there who don't even know what Dr. Dre has a band of musicians creating the beats for him. One thing came to my mind also, Dr. Dre never "found" Stat Quo. It was Mel-Man who brought him to Aftermath/Shady.

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »

I wasn't strictly talkin' about you. There's a lot of couple of out there who don't even know what Dr. Dre has a band of musicians creating the beats for him. One thing came to my mind also, Dr. Dre never "found" Stat Quo. It was Mel-Man who brought him to Aftermath/Shady.

Dre's the dude who makes shit happen, or at least made it happen in 92 and 99. You only need to read that interview with Rage and RBX (2 bomb ass MC's) who made some incredible shit happen under the wing of Dre. Rage said herself she couldn't replicate it for her album without the team around her.

On a Detox side note, Detox will never happen til the sessions start proper. Dre needs a real team and the right atmosphere for a classic. He can do it still but it needs to be one of those 'moments in time' not a verse here and a beat there with whoever he has in the studio that week.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
Another song with Mel-Man rappin':

"Crew Got Paid" -
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 03:17:26 AM »

Didn't know there was a video for this dope song. Mel-Man has always been mad underrated as an producer and never really got the credit he deserved for "2001".

He got 50% of the production credit, he just pulled a Hittman and disappeared. Scott Storch kept making bangers and got his own name out there, Mel should of been able to do the same.

Scott Storch never started dissin' Dr. Dre though. I'm sayin' Mel-Man never got the shine he deserved. I've actually only read one Mel-Man interview in my life, not including the "Drama Family" article in The Source where Big Chuck, Neff-U and Mel-Man are dissin Dr. Dre for takin' credit for shit he had nothin' to do with and takin' other peoples ideas and everything. Similar shit has happened many times.

When Tupac and Dr. Dre did an interview together with Bill Bellamy back in 1995, Pac talked about a big Death Row tour that they were plannin' where he was supposed to come to the stage in a car and there would be a liquor store on the stage and everything. I'm not saying Dr. Dre stole the idea from Tupac, but that shit definitely reminded me of the "Up In Smoke" tour right away when i watched the interview.

death row had already done that kinda of tour with liquor stores decor and lowriders and shit for The Chronic tour way before Pac even signed on Tha Row. You can check Dre's interview from some magazine it's been posted on the forum I think a month ago he talks about it.

Mel-Man and Hittman have been blackballed by Dre... it seems like it's the fate reserved for anybody talking foul about or not leaving in good terms with the guy (The Glove, Mel-Man, J-Flexx, Hitman, etc.). only Daz managed to thrive independently but his career never took off and he had to go independent and underground (plus he had the luck to already have released classic and commercially successful albums before dissing Dre)

Okka

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 03:19:34 AM »
Mel-Man has been back with Dre for a long time. I don't know why there hasn't been any beats from him on any albums though.

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 03:24:58 AM »
yeah that's why I forgot... so many people claimed to have been with Dre in the studio but we never got to hear shit... Mel Man, Sam Sneed, D.O.C., not to mention all the rappers who have allegedly recorded material for Detox LOL.

Okka

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
There's some recent pictures of Mel-Man and Stat Quo in the studio. I'll post them if i find them.

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:48 AM »
yeah that's why I forgot... so many people claimed to have been with Dre in the studio but we never got to hear shit... Mel Man, Sam Sneed, D.O.C., not to mention all the rappers who have allegedly recorded material for Detox LOL.

*if* they were working on a Dre solo, that shit would be beyond top secret

All the people who claim shit would be the nobodies anyway

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »
Mel-Man and Hittman have been working heavily together about a year ago. They were working on Hittman solo album Hitt's Big Score and a Mel-Man instrumental album which was gonna have 12 tracks, only 4 of them with vocals on them. Don't know what happened to that tho'.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
Nice thread.  It's dope to hear some more joints with Mel-Man rapping.  I always thought he had a lot of charisma on the mic, which was evident from the banger "Shittin On The World" that made the first Aftermath album in 96
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:51 AM »
I just think Mel-Man is underrated and never got the recognition he deserved for "2001". I ain't gonna speak on this anymore cause shit ain't goin' nowhere.

listen to the beat in the video posted....it has the structure of a dre beat, and the same idea, but isn't quite there. are u gunna sit here and tell me that every single beat on "2001" is not 100x better produced than this? u know why?? cuz DRE produced them....Mel-Man would come up with simple riffs and concepts, such as the one in the song posted or "LA Times" by Xzibit, and Dre would PRODUCE it, mix it, and essentially give it a life of its own. only people who do not understand the definition of producer would ever try to discredit Dre. as mentioned, Mel-Man got 50% production credit on "2001"...i highly doubt he even put in 10% of the work that Dre did on producing that album, and thats real