Author Topic: I'm supporting the NRA  (Read 1566 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I'm supporting the NRA
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 12:02:12 AM »
The gun debate is crazy right now.

Ive got a question for all you cupcake Euros who think the Queen knows best - How did the Assault Rifles Ban of 1994 effect the Columbine Incident?

I'll wait...

It didn't. But then again I'm not for an assault rifle ban. I am for a licensing process in which before anyone buys a gun, they must prove they can take care of one and they have the proper training to carry one. Many people leave loaded guns around their house and their kids get to them. I had a friend die from a mom who left a loaded shot gun out, and the statistics of children who die in home accidents is just crazy. If a licensing process saves one kid, if it educates gun owners about the true dangers of guns, then it would have worked.

Now in terms of the Assault Rifles ban, England has outlawed assault rifles and hand guns for almost 2 decades, and no one has invaded them yet. So far they have had all the benefits and none of the negatives that we as Americans fear. I personally don't support the US adopting that policy, but it can be argued that we'd be better off if we did.

Exactly.

Theres nothing wrong with gun training, actually, people should get training if theres a gun in the house.  But, the one major problem I see, is the national database idea that been thrown around. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:39 AM »

Ive got a question for all you cupcake Euros who think the Queen knows best - How did the Assault Rifles Ban of 1994 effect the Columbine Incident?

I'll wait...

It didn't. But then again I'm not for an assault rifle ban. I am for a licensing process in which before anyone buys a gun, they must prove they can take care of one and they have the proper training to carry one. Many people leave loaded guns around their house and their kids get to them. I had a friend die from a mom who left a loaded shot gun out, and the statistics of children who die in home accidents is just crazy. If a licensing process saves one kid, if it educates gun owners about the true dangers of guns, then it would have worked.

Now in terms of the Assault Rifles ban, England has outlawed assault rifles and hand guns for almost 2 decades, and no one has invaded them yet. So far they have had all the benefits and none of the negatives that we as Americans fear. I personally don't support the US adopting that policy, but it can be argued that we'd be better off if we did.

If you know people that have loaded weapons around their children, then they need parenting classes, not gun classes.

And violent crime increased after England banned their guns. So did Australia. Switzerland is probably the ideal model for gun policy in the world. Their crime rate is almost zilch because everybody there has guns, they are all taught how to use them. No one commits violent crimes because they are kept in check by the fact that everyone has the means to protect themselves.

US and the Swiss are basically the last remaining countries standing in the way of global disarmament. That is a fact.

Why do you think criminals will obey gun laws MDogg?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:09 AM »

I'll wait...

If you know people that have loaded weapons around their children, then they need parenting classes, not gun classes.

And violent crime increased after England banned their guns. So did Australia. Switzerland is probably the ideal model for gun policy in the world. Their crime rate is almost zilch because everybody there has guns, they are all taught how to use them. No one commits violent crimes because they are kept in check by the fact that everyone has the means to protect themselves.

US and the Swiss are basically the last remaining countries standing in the way of global disarmament. That is a fact.

Why do you think criminals will obey gun laws MDogg?

Criminals wouldn't obey gun laws. But then again I am not for taking away guns OR even touching castle laws. Fact is though, you are more likely to have your gun be used in an accident than to use that gun to shoot at an intruder or someone harming you. That is a straight FACT. Most people are actually good law following citizens. We start to get it twisted when we listen to mass media that portrays others as criminals. They tell you to fear "ghetto" black people, "illegal" latinos, "crazy" white people. In reality, the vase majority of this country are people who follow the laws and help their neighbor.

And people who leave loaded guns out for their kids to find, well they need to have their kids taken away honestly. But we can't weed them out, we can't identify them until we read about their kids dying in the news paper. So before we get to that point, we need to have people understand the responsibility they have owning a gun.