Author Topic: how did big get the new york new york beat? was he in the studio with dj pooh?  (Read 621 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
supposedly theres two versions of a song big did over the NY NY beat

one is a commercial for st ides the other is supposedly an extended version of the commercial with a full verse and adlibs and some alternate lyrics etc for a mixtape ron g did and was recorded  about a year prior to dpg releasing there version

anyone know whats the story on this beat?

bouli77

idk but i'd like to hear the full version... big sounds dope in the commercial

Quadruple OG

Not sure if you're expecting some grand, elaborate story, but there was a vinyl released of this track that had the instrumental on it. I'm guessing someone in NYC had it and BIG was able to record over it.

http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Tha-Dogg-Pound/dp/B0085FAWVY/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1356382284&sr=1-2&keywords=tha+dogg+pound+New+York+New+York

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
thanks for your help boss but bigs version was out about a year before the dpg version was released

Fresh Bone

As far as I remember, DJ Pooh used to produce the St. Ides skits and B.I.G. rapped over this beat before Tha Dogg Pound did. I think Snoop mentioned it in an interview with DJ Epstein & Paul Rosenberg from a few years ago.

Here's the commercial:

Here's the full audio version:

MarshColin

As far as I remember, DJ Pooh used to produce the St. Ides skits and B.I.G. rapped over this beat before Tha Dogg Pound did. I think Snoop mentioned it in an interview with DJ Epstein & Paul Rosenberg from a few years ago.

Here's the commercial:

Here's the full audio version:

Good info! Anybody got cdq audio for this?