Author Topic: Good kid mad city being compared to Illmatic? WTF  (Read 1317 times)

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
Re: Good kid mad city being compared to Illmatic? WTF
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
 :o :o... Im just amazed at how biased dude is how the fuck NIKCC gon throw shots at me over my opinion duke is a joke real rap if you think illmatic is better than gkmc that's cool my g a lot of people do, but people sayin gkmc is the westcoast illmatic is a valid point due to generation it exists in & the message behind gkmc, it's very relatable to kids growing up in California that's was same response Nas got from illmatic New York niggas could relate to the message behind that album as well cause it was a Mc speaking on what New York niggas go through. Nas is the greatest MC of all-time to me so don't think cause I prefer gkmc over illmatic im hating in shit I sat down & played illmatic over I love his lyricism on the album but gkMC just hit home wit me on the sing ... sing about me,im dying of thrist that first verse was almost exactly how one of my homeboys died & the art of peer pressure was another one that really home wit me cause I actually lived thru those same fucking scenarios so I put that over any fuckin debut that's my opinion that don't take shit away from nas cause the best album nas ever made was "stillmatic" that's one my favorite albums ever! But to sum it up illmatic & gkmc is a generation thing that's all people have different taste

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
:o :o... Im just amazed at how biased dude is how the fuck NIKCC gon throw shots at me over my opinion duke is a joke real rap if you think illmatic is better than gkmc that's cool my g a lot of people do, but people sayin gkmc is the westcoast illmatic is a valid point due to generation it exists in & the message behind gkmc, it's very relatable to kids growing up in California that's was same response Nas got from illmatic New York niggas could relate to the message behind that album as well cause it was a Mc speaking on what New York niggas go through. Nas is the greatest MC of all-time to me so don't think cause I prefer gkmc over illmatic im hating in shit I sat down & played illmatic over I love his lyricism on the album but gkMC just hit home wit me on the sing ... sing about me,im dying of thrist that first verse was almost exactly how one of my homeboys died & the art of peer pressure was another one that really home wit me cause I actually lived thru those same fucking scenarios so I put that over any fuckin debut that's my opinion that don't take shit away from nas cause the best album nas ever made was "stillmatic" that's one my favorite albums ever! But to sum it up illmatic & gkmc is a generation thing that's all people have different taste

thats all good, my dude.... ur entitled to ur opinion, but "illmatic" is to "good kid mad city" what "godfather" is to "road to perdition". i still think there are too many flaws in "gkmc" to put it up there with an album of "illmatics" caliber. but if u feel it more, thats on u. just dont expect most to agree.

Remedy360

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
I like Kendrick as much as the next guy, but I don't see it as a classic album, let alone, being comparable to one of the best hip hop albums I've heard.

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »
@NIKCC That's fair duke that's how you feel it's cool tho.... I all I kno is that for people to even debate & put gkmc in the same breath as illmatic which to some is greatest album ever is an accomplishment in itself for Kendrick to make a classic album pretty much without a Dr. Dre beat is shocking to me, It's scary to think what dude gon do with some real Dr.dre beats behind his next album real Kendrick fans kno he only used about 75% of his true lyrical ability on gkmc due to the message he wanted to deliver on his album like he said "I kno some rappers using big words to make their similes curve, my simplest shit be more pivotal" But in all illmatic will never be touched to some & that's fair it's just fun to debate people when they have good things to debate about

Will_B

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 12:59:51 AM »
I like Kendrick as much as the next guy, but I don't see it as a classic album, let alone, being comparable to one of the best hip hop albums I've heard.

I didn't rate it very high til i gave the CD a proper bump.

It's a 8/10 for me now.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

It's a 8/10 for me now.

u were right upon first listen

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
First listen I hated! it... The story didn't hit me yet by the 3rd listen I was like this muthafucka is a genius! The way the album played like a movie, the way the skits sets up the next track it was like if boyz n the hood was an album it would sound exactly like gkmc Kendrick's music is so deep his message can fly by you in a heartbeat, it took me 3 listens tho to get the message behind it. Kendrick ain't everybody's cup of tea but for those who appreciate conceptual albums kno this dude is special it's a reason Nas called him "The Future".

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 04:09:37 AM »

It's a 8/10 for me now.

u were right upon first listen

Don't be mad it ain't as good homie. I can listen and enjoy music knowing some ain't as good but the mood or vibe still draws my to it. That T.I. only a 7/10 but I still went out day one and bought the CD. Same with Rick Ross that shit ain't as cerebral as Nas or Kendrick but its heat in other ways. My 2c