Author Topic: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?  (Read 3475 times)

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?
« on: December 24, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »
Its kinda crazy how far Jay Z has come. I remember first getting into him around Hard Knock Life. People then thought oh Jay is mainstream now he's huge, little did they know he would reach god like status. I've never been a huge Hov fan but I can't hate on his music. He usually comes correct. Ive been through most of his catalogue and I gotta say Reasonable Doubt is still the best thing he ever did and I know most hip hop heads would agree but nowadays with these 90s and 2000s babies growing up never knowing about these classics you never know.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
the blue print is his best album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
fuck Jay Z he's broke & I smoke daily, hit me!

in all seriousness, Reasonable Doubt is overrated.  I fucked with The Dynasty tough tho.  American Gangsta was the chit but i havent heard that in a long time.  In fact i dont even usually listen to Jay's music even tho he's super nice with it (post-Biggie jacking).

I thought BP3 was underrated, like Tha Carter IV it was outta sequence and it coulda been cut down a track or two.  "On To The Next One" shoulda been the Outro for the album if u ask me.  

"oh behave...H!"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
handsdown reasonable doubt

blueprint isnt even CLOSE

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

BIGWORM

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »
Reasonable Doubt is the "RAW" all his other albums are "RE-POP"......

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »

what makes it the most "raw"?  becuz of the cliche nostalgia that Generation X tags to literally every rapper who started in the 90's Debut?  Or did Jay somehow never match the so-called lyricism and beats since then?  Becuz there's 1000000 reasons why Reasonable Doubt isnt his best and why its just the taggalong thing to say for ppl who like Jay but never really listen to his music like that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
Yeah, easy lol.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
In someways I felt In My Lifetime Vol 1 was his best. His first 3 albums are the 3 best of his catalogue in my opinion.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:03:51 AM »
In someways I felt In My Lifetime Vol 1 was his best. His first 3 albums are the 3 best of his catalogue in my opinion.

yeah its between Vol 1 and Reasonable Doubt... "Where I'm From" is the rawest track Jay ever recorded 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 04:41:40 AM »

what makes it the most "raw"?  becuz of the cliche nostalgia that Generation X tags to literally every rapper who started in the 90's Debut?  Or did Jay somehow never match the so-called lyricism and beats since then?  Becuz there's 1000000 reasons why Reasonable Doubt isnt his best and why its just the taggalong thing to say for ppl who like Jay but never really listen to his music like that
i agree. it's the safe choice for those who haven't heard 'em all. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
Reasonable doubt and it's not even close.

Jay has a lot of great singles over the years, but his albums mostly suck.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »

i agree. it's the safe choice for those who haven't heard 'em all. LOL

Exactly.  As soon as somebody says Reasonable Doubt is Jay's best work i have to automatically question their depth of knowledge of the Jiggaman

BIGWORM

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
I don't need depth knowledge of Jigga to know what REASONABLE DOUBT meant to me. I used to rock that album on cassette when it first came out and still do to this day. My "knowledge" on Jay-Z is probably more then most of his dick riders.

Reasonable Doubt is right up there in my EAST COAST classic album list right beside ILLMATIC, READY TO DIE.... probably even infront of them... Jigga's mistake in my books is dumbing down his lyrics...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
I don't need depth knowledge of Jigga to know what REASONABLE DOUBT meant to me. I used to rock that album on cassette when it first came out and still do to this day. My "knowledge" on Jay-Z is probably more then most of his dick riders.

Reasonable Doubt is right up there in my EAST COAST classic album list right beside ILLMATIC, READY TO DIE.... probably even infront of them... Jigga's mistake in my books is dumbing down his lyrics...

thats cool n all but u still havent said why.  and what do u mean he dumbed down his lyrics?  do u mean he put an extra 15 minutes of air time on his CD to make music that would appeal to a broader audience?