Author Topic: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?  (Read 3465 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
im honestly still not convinced or even slightly pursaded that this is Hov's best work.  He's offered us so much more than "Reasonable Doubt"

Thing is you don't have to be convinced of anything, it's an opinion and you don't have to be swayed.

True but if its not reality then if i feel then ill call it out.  Theres too many bloggers over the years that've been throwing salt in the game and re-writing history.  Im a purist, its in my nature.

If the title of a thread is "Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?" and i agree or disagree then i have a right to call it out for what it is (see that "Busta's Big Bang" thread).  

Fact of the matter is, RD ISNT Jay's best album.  Its a fact that cant be disputed by true Hip Hop purist and elite like myself.  RD wasnt even all that huge when it first came out.  Ppl from that generation got a little older and outta touch just like any generation does with most of Pop culture (its the natural cycle of life).  When u compare Jay's work to his later work, whether it be Vol. 2, Vol. 3, The Dynasty, The Blueprint, The Blueprint 2.1 or whatever other Jay project u wanna pull from RD isnt even in the top 3.  Maybe its top 4 or 5 but it aint top 3.  

1 of my favorite Jay songs (a couple actually) are on Reasonable Doubt, but as far it being his best body of work overall/hands down, thats just not true

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
lol this dummy on Bloomberg TV just mentioned Jay-Z.  he tried to throw my man under. 

"when youre 17 you listen to Jay-Z and then when u get older u go to spoken word". 

but then he said 2 minutes later "well my kids started to think i was getting a little boring..."  smh

half of Jay's fans are in their 30's (and even 40's).  Truth be told Jay's starting to get a little ageless

BIGWORM

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
The real "fact of the matter" is everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Truth be told "reasonable doubt" is the only Jay-Z album that I like from him. Yes I listened to his other albums and I don't like them, so I choose to spend my time listening to other albums and artists that I like....

A few posters need to humble themselves quick because the ar coming off bitter in every post they make. RELAX man it's a fucking forum. Or maybe you're forum elitest as well...  

HIP HOP elitist lol thats just as corny as GAY-Z would come off...

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:45:51 PM by BIGWORM »

BiggBoogaBiff

The real fact of the matter is
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »
"if the shoe fits, wear it"

there really is no real reason why u could argue RD is his best body of work in his catalog and u know that becuz you've never really been into Jay like that (even tho thats still not really a legit reason).  

kinda sounds like youre butthurt to be honest.  you know youre 1 of those types of ppl im talking about.  Its okay, we all cry sometime.  We all speak before we think sometimes, shit happens #fuckit

BIGWORM

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
LOL.... I do not to answer to you. Therefore I will enjoy JAY-Z's best album REASONABLE DOUBT. Don't be bitter that THE MAJORITY likes REASONABLE DOUBT over the rest of his catalog...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »
wait.....  who's the Majority?  if i were to go by those claims then I'd say that the "majority" considers "The Blueprint 1" his best work so that's dead. 

and secondly, prove me that I'm wrong or admit that you're just a "fly by nighter" like Pimp C said before.  Admit that u dont really know shit about Jay-Z.  I wouldnt look at u any less as a person.  I'd just know you're niave and full of shit when you cast your "opinion"

BIGWORM

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »

Man my REASONABLE DOUBT cd is going to brought into my ride tomorrow after posting all these AMAZING tracks off his best album. Driving in the snow bumping east coast classics is the shit. man I might as well look for my M.O.P. ~ To The Death Cd as well. Maybe ill kick it old school style grab a boom box and put it on my passenger seat and listen to a cassette or two, then I will be "kickin back layed in tha shade aint nobody trippin cause tha money already made" as Pimp-C would say...

P.S. This thread has been discontinued....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:05:13 PM by BIGWORM »

BIGWORM

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2013, 11:08:23 PM »

bonus track from my second favorite Jiggazini album...

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
NIK, you're saying they're legends because they're huge in their region. Insane Clown Posse is huge in their region and several suburban outlets, are they legends?

I love Tech and Bo, like I said. They've had some classics. Never really liked Mac Dre. But just because someone is huge in one region does not mean anything. YG has a big following in LA amongst street heads, but is he gonna go down as a legend? You cannot compare these guys to Jay-Z, it's comparing apples and oranges. Honestly.

Name another rapper who can come out and say Auto tune is dead and it literally drops off the map? Why can't T Pain get work anymore? Why did Kanye drop the auto tune? The rappers you named, Mac Dre in specific, only appeal really to only one audience. If you don't like hyphy music, you damn sure wont like Mac Dre. Jay appeals to just about every audience in the book, and his evolution and track record shows it.

Underground/regional legend does not equal hip hop legend. Otherwise there would be 100's of legends. That's what makes them legends, they are a rare commodity.

Now listen to "Go Stupid" and tell me that compares to "Public Service Announcement," an interlude on an album, hip hop heads.

Remedy360

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
NIK, you're saying they're legends because they're huge in their region. Insane Clown Posse is huge in their region and several suburban outlets, are they legends?

I love Tech and Bo, like I said. They've had some classics. Never really liked Mac Dre. But just because someone is huge in one region does not mean anything. YG has a big following in LA amongst street heads, but is he gonna go down as a legend? You cannot compare these guys to Jay-Z, it's comparing apples and oranges. Honestly.

Name another rapper who can come out and say Auto tune is dead and it literally drops off the map? Why can't T Pain get work anymore? Why did Kanye drop the auto tune? The rappers you named, Mac Dre in specific, only appeal really to only one audience. If you don't like hyphy music, you damn sure wont like Mac Dre. Jay appeals to just about every audience in the book, and his evolution and track record shows it.

Underground/regional legend does not equal hip hop legend. Otherwise there would be 100's of legends. That's what makes them legends, they are a rare commodity.

Now listen to "Go Stupid" and tell me that compares to "Public Service Announcement," an interlude on an album, hip hop heads.

Dre's music transcends the Hyphy movement, he's got shit miles ahead of "Get Stupid".

Blood$

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 11:26:48 AM »
"Death Of Autotune" was the most overrated and overhyped hip-hop song ever.

other rappers said the same shit before Jay, they just didn't have the million$ to make sure it was shoved down people's throats

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »
whoa buddy, somebody ban this fagg talkin about Mac Dre was some fuckin overrated under achiever, off with his fuckin head!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ</a>

watch your fuckin mouth faggot.  stop suckin on a hater's dick

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »

lol...u have no clue what ur talkin about, my boy. i'll just address some of the factual errors uv made.. autotune, whle doesn't have the same glamour it had when it first hit the scene, is still as big as ever (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/apr/07/tom-ewing-auto-tune_) ..more importantly, mac dre didnt do hyphy til the end of his career (you obviously need to brush up on ur bay game)....now go listen to "life's a bitch" and tell me "If you don't like hyphy music, you damn sure wont like Mac Dre"....your entire argument is based off of misinformation. fact of the matter is, jay-z is the most popular artist and best rapper/businessman. in terms of musical substance, there are tons of rappers out there who are way ahead of him. anyways, get in to mac dre, cuz it seems to me like you've missed some essentials.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
what y'all think about eminem becoming a born again christian ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:20 AM »
whoa buddy, somebody ban this fagg talkin about Mac Dre was some fuckin overrated under achiever, off with his fuckin head!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ</a>

watch your fuckin mouth faggot.  stop suckin on a hater's dick

"Fuckin faggot" - yeah, your level of intelligence and ignorance is just screaming through this post. Obviously you are sold that Mac Dre is on the level of Jay-Z - so be it. This is a forum that is for West Coast fans, so that's you're forte.